Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

skyknightandy
06.13.2012 , 08:58 PM | #2141
Quote: Originally Posted by DeaconQuicksaber View Post
Why is this optional? My only choices are to sit on my already low population server untill im the last man in the universe, or move to a server where i have wait times before i can log on... I don't particularly want to do either. If you aren't going to let people choose a server why wouldnt you just force people to move and actually balance populations rather then going from one extreme to another. I know that eventually there is going to be literally nobody on my server and they are going to either shut it down or force me to transfer, so again I ask, why is this optional?
good luck
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shadow Lords
The Faman: Empire

Stormwrought
06.13.2012 , 09:02 PM | #2142
Quote: Originally Posted by DeaconQuicksaber View Post
Why is this optional? My only choices are to sit on my already low population server untill im the last man in the universe, or move to a server where i have wait times before i can log on... I don't particularly want to do either. If you aren't going to let people choose a server why wouldnt you just force people to move and actually balance populations rather then going from one extreme to another. I know that eventually there is going to be literally nobody on my server and they are going to either shut it down or force me to transfer, so again I ask, why is this optional?
I would expect they want to avoid an actual server merge (non-optional transfer) due to the number of inactive accounts on the existing low population servers as a merger would create more issues down the road if those inactive accounts become active at a future date. So, instead of merging they offer transfers which should theoretically only result in active accounts (characters of people who are actually playing the game now) being transferred.

skyknightandy
06.13.2012 , 09:06 PM | #2143
Quote: Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Can someone point me to the post where they said that they are increasing server pop caps?
search it on thread it should pop up...lol.....they have been increasin pop cap at least on the fatman they are since last week it was very heavy-full when there were 250 players in fleet and 70-100 players in each planet. Today when i went on the fatman server it was on standards there was that same amount players on fleet and planets from last week.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shadow Lords
The Fatman:Empire

AvanDeBar
06.13.2012 , 09:13 PM | #2144
Why did the server selection screen tell me that I was good to transfer and then after I do it then it tells me my names need to be changed? I would not have transferred. This is BS.

skyknightandy
06.13.2012 , 09:15 PM | #2145
Quote: Originally Posted by AvanDeBar View Post
Why did the server selection screen tell me that I was good to transfer and then after I do it then it tells me my names need to be changed? I would not have transferred. This is BS.
i think you can just cancel character transfer or add like a latter or a symbol at the end of you name and ur all set

Shadow Lords
The Fatman:Empire

Leggomy
06.13.2012 , 09:31 PM | #2146
Quote: Originally Posted by AvanDeBar View Post
I would have checked the destination for my name first.

islander
06.13.2012 , 09:42 PM | #2147
Quote: Originally Posted by Cristex View Post
Faith = Believing in something you know isn't true...
No.

Faith is believing in something you can't empirically prove. It still may be true, or not.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Fedifensor
06.13.2012 , 10:09 PM | #2148
Remember when everyone rushed to get into Early Access to reserve their names, and powerleveling their first character to the end of Chapter 1, all to get names that they would lose rights to in 6 months...

...oh, that's right, they weren't told that last part.

Leggomy
06.13.2012 , 10:17 PM | #2149
Quote: Originally Posted by Fedifensor View Post
Remember when everyone rushed to get into Early Access to reserve their names, and powerleveling their first character to the end of Chapter 1, all to get names that they would lose rights to in 6 months...

...oh, that's right, they weren't told that last part.
Why would you lose your name? You only would do that IF you moved and even then only IF someone else has it. There is no reason to lose your name.

Evallia
06.13.2012 , 10:19 PM | #2150
I'm not worried about my names too much, but I know my husband is really angry about losing the majority of his names. He's been following the development of this game for a very long time, signed up for the forums as soon as they were available, got into Beta, the whole nine yards. My favorite memory of this game was the second or third day of early access helping him beat his Act I class quest waaaay ahead of level so he could get his legacy name before everyone else. Now come to find out there is a pretty good chance he will lose all of that progress because our server hasn't been chosen yet for an origin or destination.

I know my husband isn't the only one with the same amount of dedication, but I do feel that a priority system should have been considered for people like him who have obviously been in this game for a very long time.