Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

NastyPope
06.12.2012 , 10:21 AM | #201
To clarify my standing, I should add something I neglected to include in my original post: I'm HAPPY that BioWare is FINALLY addressing the server population issue, and I'm HAPPY that they're addressing the needs of those people who were SO dedicated to their dead server that, knowing that their server was dead, and with no announcement (until somewhat recently) that they might be able to transfer to a more populous server, that they just continued playing on the same dead server. I think it's GREAT that they're taking care of one segment of their subscriber base.

What pisses me off is that it appears, based on their own official statements so far, that those of us who were proactive enough to REALIZE that our servers were dead, and, not holding out hope for character transfers or server merges, decided to CUT OUR LOSSES and re-roll on more populous servers, are either NOT going to be able to bring our orphaned characters into our new fold at all (unless we're particularly lucky - which I won't be, since my original server was PvP, and my new server is PvE), or, IF they eventually open up the process to allow more choice in the transfer destination, we'll likely have to PAY to remedy what was BioWare's ****-up in the first place.

There's a huge difference between transferring servers because you've got a friend (or friends) on a different server (yeah, make me pay for it), and transferring servers to bring your orphaned character(s) to join the character(s) you had to roll on a new server in order to actually experience the game as an MMO (no, don't make ME PAY to fix YOUR MISTAKES).

Jennasydal
06.12.2012 , 10:22 AM | #202
Been sitting here at work reading the forums and I have to say, I am LOVING all the threats and crying going on over this new transfer business. Keep it up guys and gals, you're making my morning fly by!
Jennacydal
Underhanded

Mercbenz
06.12.2012 , 10:23 AM | #203
Am I missing where they are listing Destination servers? This has to be one of the most confusing and unfriendly consumer processes ever.

I'm not that pissed it's a staggered roll out, I'm more concerned that the server I'm on isn't what'd they consider dire enough to transfer immediately. If there are a lot of servers worse off, then I'm really scared about the health of this game because it's UGLY.

We can't get PvP on weekends steadily, it's completely dead after 10:30, and there's about 20 total people to PvP with/against. Sad state of affairs....

Helistin
06.12.2012 , 10:24 AM | #204
Quote: Originally Posted by Callmeboba View Post
Yay, have fun you all. I stay on Jekk Jekk Tarr. Waiting 3 1/2 hours to get into a PvP match. Guess Bioware didn't think we're important enough. Well, I can complain about it to the 4 people on the fleet with me.
They are adding more servers as we speak. Most likely all servers will be handlled pretty quickly. Few days perhaps.
I know it isn't fun to wait, but i have waited for months now. Few more days won't make a difference anymore
Immortal Juggernaut Med Operative Rage Marauder Marksman Sniper

Angedechu
06.12.2012 , 10:25 AM | #205
You have to credit them : those free transfers are TOWARD populated servers. Blizzard free transfers are FROM populated servers.

Tenceriker
06.12.2012 , 10:26 AM | #206
Quote: Originally Posted by Mercbenz View Post
Am I missing where they are listing Destination servers? This has to be one of the most confusing and unfriendly consumer processes ever.

I'm not that pissed it's a staggered roll out, I'm more concerned that the server I'm on isn't what'd they consider dire enough to transfer immediately. If there are a lot of servers worse off, then I'm really scared about the health of this game because it's UGLY.

We can't get PvP on weekends steadily, it's completely dead after 10:30, and there's about 20 total people to PvP with/against. Sad state of affairs....
You can go to swtor.com/transfer to check out the current list. They just added another 4 NA servers.
Relabeling future patches as Expansions, just like EA Louse said a year ago. Who got the last laugh?

Mercbenz
06.12.2012 , 10:28 AM | #207
Quote: Originally Posted by Tenceriker View Post
You can go to swtor.com/transfer to check out the current list. They just added another 4 NA servers.
That page must not be loading right for me (cache maybe), it only has 4 total NA servers. I assume those are the people who can move? I don't see a list where they can go.

shiftyund
06.12.2012 , 10:30 AM | #208
If you're not giving people a choice on where they can transfer to why not just merge the servers? This makes no sense at all unless you are trying to just make more people quit or you are trying to show the world how to run an mom into the ground in record time

Jennasydal
06.12.2012 , 10:31 AM | #209

Go to your account page and on the left where it says CHARACTER TRANSFER, click that.
Jennacydal
Underhanded

FreiaFett
06.12.2012 , 10:31 AM | #210
That page must not be loading right for me (cache maybe), it only has 4 total NA servers. I assume those are the people who can move? I don't see a list where they can go.
Log in and go to "My Account" and select Character Transfers on the left. There's more servers there then on the other page.