Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kerrunch
06.13.2012 , 04:09 PM | #2001
What a joke.
...____▄▄▄▄___
..█___/_/_/_/_/_/|Ξ|ΞΞΞΞΞΞ ═══
.../__/═╝ ▀▀▀▀

MadBlue
06.13.2012 , 04:11 PM | #2002
Quote: Originally Posted by Minigal View Post
^ This

My entire active Legacy is on Krayt Dragon. We have no idea what is going to be happening, so my Guild embers can't even make any decisions.

I'm trying to come up with alternates to my names as I assume most will be taken by the time I transfer..IF I have to transfer.

Everything is just so up in the air. If I knew for sure, Origin or Destination, so much would fall into place.

IF BIoware knows at least that much bare info for remaining servers that are on-the-cusp, releasing that info would calm down lots of anxious players right now.

Sure would be appreciated. Overall, the transfer process has been fantastic, but not knowing and possibly being at the back of the line with no knowledge to prepare is extremely stressful.
I hear ya. I'm also on Krayt Dragon. My guild has 30-40 people on at prime time and we voted to stay on the server even if it's an origin server. Hopefully they're going to keep it open (and they haven't indicated that they'll close servers after the free transfer period).

I get the feeling that the remaining 20 East Coast servers are going to be fed into Krayt Dragon and The Shadowlands (Krayt Dragon according to the server choice screen in SWTOR, Shadowlands according to TORStatus - although neither of those methods takes into account active subs). Keep your fingers crossed

Edit: didn't know half the EC PVE servers were as of yet unassigned - thought there were just a handful left and that only Krayt Dragon or The Shadowlands would be Destination Servers.

onfireguy
06.13.2012 , 04:12 PM | #2003
Just updated my original post to include some latency numbers. Not happy about being on a west coast server and having an east coast server offered as the destination server.

BJWyler
06.13.2012 , 04:12 PM | #2004
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
You seem to equate the hour in which last do an update to the amount of work that we are all putting into this. Many weekends and extra hours have been worked in order to bring us to this point. Within the past 48 hrs, we've opened up 122 servers for character transfers in a service that has run (relatively and knock on wood) smoothly. We understand your passion and desire for a transfer, but know that we are taking many factors into account, including making sure that servers are stable.
That's unacceptable! No one stops, no one sleeps until each and every server is either marked for transfer or full to the brim. No soup for you until it's done!!

Good job on the transfers so far - worth the wait for those lucky enough these first two days from most indications. Fingers crossed for the rest of us tomorrow!

BJ
Primus and Alpha on the PTS/Swords of the Republic on The Shadowlands
Check out our own Character Page which includes music and Quest Lists

and our YouTube Channel for Gameplay footage and more

dayhak
06.13.2012 , 04:13 PM | #2005
Quote: Originally Posted by Yomitako View Post
Hardly anything related to the description of management you provided. What you're seeking is likely to come later on down the road, they want to start consolidating communities first before they open the door for multi-server transfers for what you describe. This has already been stated numerous times in dev blogs and stickies here on the forums.
Agreed but when that goes live I am going to have to pay for those transfers... I shouldn't have to... Bioware made a bad decision opening so may servers... I shouldnt have to pay to get all my toons on one server because of that mistake.
The darkness in all of us is patient and generous; sometimes it consumes us. But in its strength lies weakness. One candle is enough to hold off the darkness... Love is more then a candle; love can ignite the stars

Teefal
06.13.2012 , 04:14 PM | #2006
Quote: Originally Posted by Leskit View Post
Funny thing is if you think about their last posted subs number of 1.2 Mil. They are fitting all of NA on 7 servers basically. All in total the game will probably have 15-18 servers across the globe when all of this is done. Still believe that number ?
They've got 9 NA destination servers now, and 9 europe, and 3 asian, so 21 total.
Monassa Kasmar Nel'qen JUNG MA

Helistin
06.13.2012 , 04:14 PM | #2007
Finally got on new populated server and had a blast already, thanks for the transfers altough you sure did took your time
Also some people are giving flack to devs from lack of communication, i think it's been 10 times better after Reid's departure. So don't be too harsh or you will scare them away :P
Immortal Juggernaut Med Operative Rage Marauder Marksman Sniper

Cristex
06.13.2012 , 04:16 PM | #2008
Quote: Originally Posted by dayhak View Post
Agreed but when that goes live I am going to have to pay for those transfers... I shouldn't have to... Bioware made a bad decision opening so may servers... I shouldnt have to pay to get all my toons on one server because of that mistake.
I couldnt agree more....
I shouldnt have to pay for their mistake
Suloren ~ Human Sith Maurader ~ The Maw
Cristex ~ Rattataki Sith Sorcerer ~ The Maw

Rezarect
06.13.2012 , 04:17 PM | #2009
Quote: Originally Posted by onfireguy View Post
Just updated my original post to include some latency numbers. Not happy about being on a west coast server and having an east coast server offered as the destination server.
IReally? They said they would accommodate all server requirements: West coast to West cost, East to East, PvP to PvP, RP-PvP to RP- PvP etc.

Eitri
06.13.2012 , 04:17 PM | #2010
Quote: Originally Posted by onfireguy View Post
Surely that must be some sort of mistake. Why would they pick an east coast server as a destination when there are west coast options?

I really hope they tested and thought out all of the potential issues here. There's going to be major backlash if they didn't stress test how high they can increase the pop cap and then have to transfer people off of the destinations. That'd piss off both the people who transferred and the people who were lucky enough to be on a destination.