Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

KalSpiro
06.13.2012 , 12:19 PM | #1501
Great, so it appears that my server has been deemed too low to live. Lord Adraas was selected by the RP community at the beginning of the game as the server to use and was to be The RP server. We regularly maintain Standard population. We're the second highest population RP server on the East Coast. But now we're being pushed out to fight for the names we've been playing by for months.

I've been Kal since Beta, but now, despite getting my name within the first hour of early access I'll lose it if my guild chooses to move because our server wasn't good enough to BioWare. It's hard enough to deal with changing your name because of a transfer, but for the RPers who have been playing their characters for months it's an even more significant deal. Now, not only will we have to fight with a server that's been active for months, but we'll also have to compete with every other server that's in the same situation, not just for our name but for our legacy at well.

You're effectively changing all of our characters into someone else due to an arbitrary choice on where servers would be funnelled to.
Passion rules thought. Serenity is the path to understanding.
Ignorance rules power. Knowledge is the path to strength.
Weakness rules the masses. Control is the path to victory.
Through the Force my will is done. Through my will the Force prospers.

Xiahoufig
06.13.2012 , 12:20 PM | #1502
Quote: Originally Posted by RedFox View Post
this went unanswered...anyone?
I don't see why not. The only reason why they stopped yesterday was because of the bug that surfaced that needed stamped out first, but you never know.
The Valakut Legacy- The Shadowlands
Hessero 55 Operative (Concealment now and forever)
Ma'ssar'tau 35 Gunslinger (Boom baby)

RedFox
06.13.2012 , 12:21 PM | #1503
But there is a night shift right? so theoretically they could open new transfer all night long!!!

Ok I'm just setting myself for a disapointment here

hancrispee
06.13.2012 , 12:21 PM | #1504
Quote: Originally Posted by MCesca View Post
Bation's up to 5. Check here for a better breakdown : http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=479470
I'm on Bastion and it has always remained pretty decent -- not huge, but didn't feel empty. That said, with only one transfer last night our imp fleet was up to 78 pop from usually around 25-40.

fatoldguy
06.13.2012 , 12:21 PM | #1505
Quote: Originally Posted by KalSpiro View Post
Great, so it appears that my server has been deemed too low to live. Lord Adraas was selected by the RP community at the beginning of the game as the server to use and was to be The RP server. We regularly maintain Standard population. But now we're being pushed out to fight for the names we've been playing by for months.

I've been Kal since Beta, but now, despite getting my name within the first hour of early access I'll lose it if my guild chooses to move because our server wasn't good enough to BioWare. It's hard enough to deal with changing your name because of a transfer, but for the RPers who have been playing their characters for months it's an even more significant deal. Now, not only will we have to fight with a server that's been active for months, but we'll also have to compete with every other server that's in the same situation, not just for our name but for our legacy at well.

You're effectively changing all of our characters into someone else due to an arbitrary choice on where servers would be funnelled to.
So you are special? It would have been the same for people that were moving to your server had they done it that way, but I suppose only you matter.
RIP Orange pixel

50 Sage, 50 Sentinel, 50 Commando, 50 Juggernaut, 50 Shadow.

Kazroth
06.13.2012 , 12:21 PM | #1506
Honestly I see what Bioware is doing and they are doing a good job for the most part in my opinion. My question is why is Fatman on the list to move too? Aren't there already queues to log into the server through out the day already? I didn't read through all 150 pages to find this answer was just wondering if anyone knew something the rest of us didn't.
“This will be a day long remembered. It has seen the end of Kenobi, and will soon see the end of the rebellion.”

Keymod
06.13.2012 , 12:21 PM | #1507
Quote: Originally Posted by RedFox View Post
But there is a night shift right? so theoretically they could allow transfer all night long!!!

Ok I'm just setting myself for a disapointment here
The only night shift i ever see is on patch days and just the CS team.
Buzzbrad - The Shadowlands From The Razor - Mercenary
DDE VIP

ObiJuanShenobi
06.13.2012 , 12:21 PM | #1508
If anyone is curious as to why I'm the only person from Prophecy of the Five to be screamin' about getting transferred, it's because I am the only freakin' person who still plays on that server.
The Lightstrider Legacy

Darth Crucious I Darth Imperius I Master Darkstrider I Master Liam Lightstrider I Captain Evie Lightstrider I Agent Morran Lightstrider I Major Tanken I Nikro, Hired Gun

mjmcooke
06.13.2012 , 12:21 PM | #1509
Quote: Originally Posted by JCourchesne View Post
lol i thought of google translator right after i post my bad i just hate when people laugh at us trying to post on an english forum believe we dont want to post here either
24 hour clock is just one of those things I can not wrap my american head around. that and celsius. Im perfectly comfortable using metric length, weight, speed, etc measurements, I can think in meters and kilos and kmph as easily as feet pounds and mph, but for some reason 24 hour clock i still have to think about it a minute even tho its a ridiculously easy piece of arithmetic and celsius, forget it, im hopeless with that. And yes I did use babel fish (or I guess Bing Translator now, stupid Bing) for that, tho my French is actually so-so I probably could have gotten it myself had I spent 5 minutes to dreg up the memories of high school.

L-RANDLE
06.13.2012 , 12:24 PM | #1510
Quote: Originally Posted by Kazroth View Post
Honestly I see what Bioware is doing and they are doing a good job for the most part in my opinion. My question is why is Fatman on the list to move too? Aren't there already queues to log into the server through out the day already? I didn't read through all 150 pages to find this answer was just wondering if anyone knew something the rest of us didn't.
Rerollers on Fatman might go back to their original server so it is a counter balance to the influx of new players from orgin servers..
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango