Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MadHobbit
06.12.2012 , 08:37 AM | #111
my only real concern is I have a lvl 41 jedi on JC, a stranded 29 BH on another, I would like to get them together on same server,I can see the case where JC goes to server X and my other goes to server Y

evilmonkitar
06.12.2012 , 08:38 AM | #112
Wow, thats a small portion of the servers... wound in the force is pretty much dead.. i never see more than 20 on the fleet at any given time.. im sure some are worse but i really hope you get transfers up for EVERYONE very soon...
| Halibel | Sith Inquisitor | Assassin | CE VIP |
Regular BETA Tester

OrshabaalLord
06.12.2012 , 08:38 AM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by MadHobbit View Post
my only real concern is I have a lvl 41 jedi on JC, a stranded 29 BH on another, I would like to get them together on same server,I can see the case where JC goes to server X and my other goes to server Y
get the BH to a populated server, level him & wait for paid transfers
The Harbinger

InvalidID
06.12.2012 , 08:39 AM | #114
Really? No Thendis Noori on the first day??? Our server has less then 8 active rep 50s. It hasnt been possible to get queues in weeks. How are we not the highest priority??

Retro_Chrome
06.12.2012 , 08:41 AM | #115
this right here is probably the absolute worst idea:

For guild members and masters, you will not be able to transfer your guild as a whole to your new server; instead you will need to reform it.

it is already extremely hard on a guild when doing a server transfer. an average size guild will lose at least 10% of its active members no matter what during a server switch, now needing to completely reform the guild, thats a really big issue, and lets hope the guild name wasnt taken on the new server.

they definitely need to implement a guild transfer function like Rift had, at least when there servers were dying the transfer system worked flawlessly and allowed guilds to be transferred as well as a the guild bank(which was tied to the guild leader) and it was all done at the character select screen not through the account section. honestly i hope that this gets improved as id like to see the over all health of the servers go up with minimal impact on players
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyrandis View Post
I hate to say this but we are in terms of genetics 96% the same as chimps. We evolved from chimps, but damn I must say that 4% makes all the difference.

Rayla_Felana
06.12.2012 , 08:45 AM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by OrshabaalLord View Post
Why cant people read?

It does say more servers will be added to the list as they work out the current 4 servers.

I guess people can't wait?
hmm.
Petulant children are petulant hmm?

Renita
06.12.2012 , 08:46 AM | #117
I have a plea to Bioware to please not forget about the RP servers. I love my server The Ebonhawk and would love to be a destination server, but as one of the highest pop RP server we still probably don't have enough people to support both reg and a rated queue. I know other servers are of more concern because they can't get a queue to pop at all, while we generally have 1 to 2 matches going at a time. This makes me concerned for the lower pop RP who might not be so lucky.

So while I understand I must be patient and wait for more higher priority servers, please don't forget about your RP servers Bioware. I would love to see some new faces on the Ebonhawk.

AntTHFD
06.12.2012 , 08:47 AM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by pure_laced View Post
Every server is like yours, asking for them to open your particular server for transfers accomplishes nothing.
Can't hurt to try.
REDRUM
The Shadowlands
A casual guild for adults that behave like children.
Antorius, Guildleader

Lord_Ravenhurst
06.12.2012 , 08:48 AM | #119
Do I need active gametime to transfer? Gametime is running out in 3 days..

InvalidID
06.12.2012 , 08:48 AM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by AntTHFD View Post
Can't hurt to try.
Every server has less then 10 republics of any level typically on at prime-time?