Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Arlbo_Nabbins
06.13.2012 , 08:00 AM | #1021
Quote: Originally Posted by BeoPryme View Post
What is the goal number of players per server that is being sought? I mean, merging one low population server with another low population server really doesn't do much. Are we going to see more than one server merged with these character transfers to a single server to up the populations to a level that is going to maintain customer and player support? Or, are we going to have to suffer another round of mergers in a few weeks because this did not work?
We don't know the numbers for sure but its probably towards the top end of Heavy at prime time (need to leave some space for anyone who resubs and transfers). They have said they will merge multiple low pop servers to another low pop server, the aim being to build it up to Heavy..

Arlbo_Nabbins
06.13.2012 , 08:03 AM | #1022
Quote: Originally Posted by kyewebb View Post
Why cant they just give me hope and tell me ula vii will be eligible for transfer at some point?
They did tell you that, all the PvE and PvP servers will be either origin or destination servers in this phase. The only exceptions are the RP servers as they don't have that many candidates to merge with. They will likely be adressed in a later phase of transfers.

JoseSilva
06.13.2012 , 08:03 AM | #1023
Quote: Originally Posted by karabal View Post
jeez give them time to drink their morning champagne and finish laughing at us its only 0858.
epic

Keymod
06.13.2012 , 08:03 AM | #1024
I think at 9:30 there time transfers will happen. Just a guess
Buzzbrad - The Shadowlands From The Razor - Mercenary
DDE VIP

JoseSilva
06.13.2012 , 08:08 AM | #1025
I have a feeling that today we will have allot transfers. Lets wait and see. The way there are doing things we will not be in a server to full or to empty. And at the same time wont be waiting 1 or 2 days for my char to transfer. Let them do in a organize way guys

kyewebb
06.13.2012 , 08:09 AM | #1026
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlbo_Nabbins View Post
They did tell you that, all the PvE and PvP servers will be either origin or destination servers in this phase. The only exceptions are the RP servers as they don't have that many candidates to merge with. They will likely be adressed in a later phase of transfers.
However i dont want to have to wait 3 weeks playing on the least populated server still, they have been awfully vague all through this process.

Also, that one point does not render my other arguments invalid

Keymod
06.13.2012 , 08:11 AM | #1027
Quote: Originally Posted by JoseSilva View Post
I have a feeling that today we will have allot transfers. Lets wait and see. The way there are doing things we will not be in a server to full or to empty. And at the same time wont be waiting 1 or 2 days for my char to transfer. Let them do in a organize way guys
I hope it does.
Buzzbrad - The Shadowlands From The Razor - Mercenary
DDE VIP

Kourage
06.13.2012 , 08:22 AM | #1028
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
We do not plan on opening new servers. The origin and destination servers will be chosen from the pool of existing servers. We understand that some players do not wish to undergo a name change, and aren't requiring players to transfer.
This is like shutting off the water and power and telling a man you're not forcing him to move out of his apartment.
Looking for a good woman. Able to clean, cook, sew, catch bait, and clean fish. Must have boat and motor.
((Please send picture of boat and motor))

Rhysling
06.13.2012 , 08:27 AM | #1029
So, no new servers today?

CaptFalc
06.13.2012 , 08:28 AM | #1030
Quote: Originally Posted by -Dench View Post
Soooo... Umm..... we were like told.... ummm... that transfers where coming today??

umm..... sooo.... theres like 4 NA servers listed..... andddd.... wellll.... you see.... i kinda thought.... ummm.. welll... along with everyone else on my server.... ummmm... that we'd be able to... um... welll.... transfer today....

soooo.... im not really sure..... ummm... if we are going to be able too.... welll... you see.... ummmm transfer today.... soooo... could you.... you know..... maybe give us a projected time line.... that.... ummm... shows when servers are expected to be up for transfers..... sooo..... ummm..... you know.... ummm..... i can tell my guild when to expect to move.... since..... this game has zero support for.... what are those things called? ohh... guilds.
Ahaa, made me laugh.