Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tenceriker
06.13.2012 , 07:41 AM | #1011
Quote: Originally Posted by mjmcooke View Post
Why is it required? I don't care what server I go to as long as I can find a group for things, not have 10 people on fleet at peak times. And I hardly think it would sort itself out on its own by players having the choice where to go. Most consumers are reactionary short sighted fools, and would constantly be server hoping looking for the right one. Everyone would end up on Fatman/Jedi Cov and the couple other high pop servers, until they had to start dealing with hour queue times, then theyd all transfer again to whatever the new perceived good server was until the exact same thing happened there, and so on. Giving your customers free reign to choose how they want things sounds good in theory, but in practice it leads to them getting more pissed off in the long run when their stupid decisions lead to more headaches and they complain that the company isnt doing enough to fix it.
Execpt in games where free reign was allowed it didn't turn out anything like what you have saying. Sure there were a few people who did go to the percieved highest server but most peoplr tested out communities and then settled down.
Relabeling future patches as Expansions, just like EA Louse said a year ago. Who got the last laugh?

SnakeCL
06.13.2012 , 07:51 AM | #1012
Everything appears to be going well to me. People waited months for transfers, waiting another few days shouldn't be that bad.

I remember the rageposting that went on when they staggered the launch. Much of this seems like the same sort of rageposting, soon to be forgotten once everything settles down.

BeoPryme
06.13.2012 , 07:53 AM | #1013
What is the goal number of players per server that is being sought? I mean, merging one low population server with another low population server really doesn't do much. Are we going to see more than one server merged with these character transfers to a single server to up the populations to a level that is going to maintain customer and player support? Or, are we going to have to suffer another round of mergers in a few weeks because this did not work?

Keymod
06.13.2012 , 07:54 AM | #1014
Have they added any new servers its morning like they said.
Buzzbrad - The Shadowlands From The Razor - Mercenary
DDE VIP

kyewebb
06.13.2012 , 07:56 AM | #1015
I am not annoyed about the fact i might have to change my name, i am not annoyed that i will have to sort out the guild.

I am annoyed by the way they have executed these transfers. To begin, only 9 eu servers are available, and if you browse the forum and talk to people who were eligible, they will tell you the process was EXTREMELY quick.
(Red flag number 1 up)

The server choices are low-med instead of low, this is because they wanted to test the system on servers that still had fair amounts of PC's, so they could see strain easier than if they tested on ghost towns.
(Red flag number 2)
However, this leaves players like me stuck on our ghost town (ula vii is OFFICIALLY the least pop server eu side)
Not only that, but they are really not giving us any slack, i understand not being able to release destination server names, but our server is so dead it will not be one of those. Why cant they just give me hope and tell me ula vii will be eligible for transfer at some point?
It is also fairly obvious by the speed of the transfers that they underwhelmed their own system again.
A post on the forum actually says one of his transfers only took 5 mins max. So imo they should have started with more servers anyway. Still, i sit here all alone on corellia, wondering if i ever will see pvp again........

Denki_
06.13.2012 , 07:56 AM | #1016
I can smell a new batch of servers posted in an hour or two.
Denki
Alpha Empire Sith Sorcerer The Bastion

"What's the matter, afraid of a little lightning?"

Wolfninjajedi
06.13.2012 , 07:57 AM | #1017
Quote: Originally Posted by Denki_ View Post
I can smell a new batch of servers posted in an hour or two.
What does the batch smell like?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Kabaal
06.13.2012 , 07:57 AM | #1018
Quote: Originally Posted by Keymod View Post
There are 3 hours of morning left in Austin, it's only 9am there...

Karabal
06.13.2012 , 07:57 AM | #1019
Quote: Originally Posted by Keymod View Post
Jeez give them time to drink their morning champagne and finish laughing at us its only 0858.

captindoom
06.13.2012 , 07:58 AM | #1020
I can small a batch of new servers in the next 30 mins....