Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

lunarminx
06.13.2012 , 06:53 AM | #991
Quote: Originally Posted by mjmcooke View Post
Letting people go where they want would be unlikely to fix the problem of dead servers. The point of targeted transfers is to balance the population. If you want a say as to where you go besides a not dead server, you will most likely have to pay for it a later date. Which is not unreasonable.

That is why they should have done mergers to consolidate servers and launch a pay transfer. I would have been happy if they shut down the servers they were merging to get it done. This is nuts.

mjmcooke
06.13.2012 , 06:54 AM | #992
Quote: Originally Posted by Woofioo View Post
I really dont care if i wait 30 min to log in to servers just give us free will and let us transfer where we want. we pay each month for this ****. i have 3 lvl 50's thats on a dead server and cant transfer where i want.

Please sort this i want to go to THE RED ECLIPSE
Maybe you don't but most of us would like standard to high pop servers with little to no queue times. Letting people go where they want would be a disaster right now. Once the servers are balanced, a paid unrestricted transfer option would be fine. And people whining like this on the forums is the reason BW made the last bonehead decision that created all these dead servers to begin with. And finally, you're $15 a month entitles you to play this game on BW's servers, thats really about it. Anything else they give you is their discretion.

Kabaal
06.13.2012 , 06:55 AM | #993
Quote: Originally Posted by SweGuy View Post
I really hope BW gets this fix done soon or ill be looking for some other LAN Game to play
The maintenance earlier was for the fix. It's only morning in Austin now so have patience young grasshoppa.
Kabaal 50 Juggernaut | Scotsmania 50 Vanguard | Hurricane 50 Sorcerer
Furian 50 Sentinel | Furķan 50 Commando
Scotsmania 50 Shadow

lunarminx
06.13.2012 , 06:56 AM | #994
Quote: Originally Posted by skyknightandy View Post
what im gonna do when i can transfer my toons is if my name is already taken by me...which it is ill just do something like add a last name to the name. for example..... Skylaa ' Rachimiel or Andyman ' Rachimiel....something like that its my middle name.... just do something like that than u dont lose ur name....use something unique that you have in ur family or something...its like adding a last or middle name to your character in swtor.
I already thought of that, I do expect my names to be taken.

Big_Bopper
06.13.2012 , 06:57 AM | #995
What i want to know is why bioware is choosing servers for transfer that can pvp? When we have so many that haven't been able to for months. That is craz.y

Razzee
06.13.2012 , 06:57 AM | #996
Quote: Originally Posted by mjmcooke View Post
Letting people go where they want would be unlikely to fix the problem of dead servers. The point of targeted transfers is to balance the population. If you want a say as to where you go besides a not dead server, you will most likely have to pay for it a later date. Which is not unreasonable.
I'd happily pay right now if it mean t i could go to Where my other Toons are on The Red Eclipse.
The amount of friends and guildies... and even the odd Special Citizen aka window licker have left Kellian Jarro due to it bening a ghost town(station) well lets put it this way the republic station has more tumble weeds than players.
so yes i'd love to pay, lets do this

BrunoLogan
06.13.2012 , 06:58 AM | #997
Quote: Originally Posted by Jholiday View Post
Why would peeps quit when green pastures are on the horizon ?
Maybe their sight doesn't reach the horizon and they are only able to see a few inches right in front of them...

mjmcooke
06.13.2012 , 06:59 AM | #998
Quote: Originally Posted by Razzee View Post
I'd happily pay right now if it mean t i could go to Where my other Toons are on The Red Eclipse.
The amount of friends and guildies... and even the odd Special Citizen aka window licker have left Kellian Jarro due to it bening a ghost town(station) well lets put it this way the republic station has more tumble weeds than players.
so yes i'd love to pay, lets do this
They will wait till after this free transfer process to start rolling out paid transfers.

Woofioo
06.13.2012 , 07:12 AM | #999
Quote: Originally Posted by Hawk-Firestorm View Post
Many did reroll only to find that server died too.

Contrary to some peoples beliefs most people don't like wasting their time rerolling over and over again because their server died, they were expecting to be able to move their characters where they wished and continue playing.

Bioware didn't deliver this, and because they didn't I can only see things getting worse as many that placed their trust and faith in them to get this sorted and stuck it out will just quit, aggrivating the problem further.

Ultimately its bad management and appauling design that's plagued this game from the outset and its got to stop.
I have to agree. 100%

Big_Bopper
06.13.2012 , 07:13 AM | #1000
Why are you guys worried about names? I just want to be able to pvp or get a grp together for a FP jeez.