Rejuvenation - almost no healing power

Apoxie

Im a healing specced sage. I get rejuvenation, our first healing ability from the healing tree, and it heals a total of 400 hp over 9 seconds (i have 3440 hp at level 20, so just over 10%). Our normal heal (the 2.5 sec cast one) heals 600 hp at my level. Shouldnt a HoT heal more then the direct heal?

I feel very underwhelmed by the "power" of rejuvenation. Anyone else equally dissapointed?

Yes i do know it leads to a talent that improves out other heals, but still...

Edited by Apoxie

Personally I was quite happy with rejuvenation just because of how much easier it made PvP healing. An instant cast heal to use on the run actually made healing in pvp enjoyable. The clairvoyance talent just made it even better by buffing our other heals.

In my opinion it would be a more fair approximation to compare rejuvenation to benevolence instead. the 2.5 seconds to cast deliverance requires that it be a very strong heal, nearly on par with a HoT. That's a long time to be standing still.

As for efficiency the force cost is barely more than half what you would spend on deliverance, so the heal/cost ratio favors rejuvenation.

All that being said I do agree that it is weak. I treat rejuvenation as a secondary heal to compliment deliverance and use force efficiently. I would kill for a strong HoT with higher force cost that I could place on someone and think "Okay he is safe, now I can heal someone else."

Well, you'd have to take the talented procc into consideration.

Also need to take into account the talent that gives you an extra two ticks, which increases its efficiency to ridiculous levels. In a game that's pushing resource management as a priority for healers, it's a big deal. Especially because Seers don't get any free heals to top people off.

You use it for Conveyance mainly.

It doesn't heal for a lot but it is cheap and helps our other heals.

For me (level 28 with 122 bonus healing) it heals for 350 + 3 ticks of 95 each. But it reduces the cost of Benevolence by half and reduces the cast time of deliverance by 1 sec.

Also, and I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but it is possible with the right time to get conveyance to effect BOTH benevolence and deliverance from just one cast of Rejuvenation.

Hot's are generally weak because they have bonuses that direct heals don't. For example, in PvP, casting a HoT before being stunned allows you to "heal yourself" while stunned, whereas you couldn't do this with a direct heal.

In other words, the benefit in a HoT isn't so much in its strength as it is in its utility.

It's because it's instant cast. If it had a cast time then sure it would warrant more healing power, but at the cost of only a GCD it means you can throw it on the target to keep them topped off or use it in conjunction with cast heals to ramp up your healing in heavy dmg situations.

If you wanted to buff it to do more healing than the casts, the likely end result would be a minor buff to rejuv and a major nerf to all casts so that you would need to rely on the hot more without becoming unkillable.

Edited by Khadroth

Also, and I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but it is possible with the right time to get conveyance to effect BOTH benevolence and deliverance from just one cast of Rejuvenation.

What's the condition to make it "possible"? Thx.

Anyway if it's still work as you write, conveyance is great talent.