Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Still popular game?

SteelDawn
06.11.2012 , 08:02 AM | #1
Hi guys
i started playing in december but had to stop mid january due to moving house, now i have returned all i see is forum posts with people moaning etc, is this game still popular? are servers still full?

JudasMagnus
06.11.2012 , 08:11 AM | #2
Server transfers come tomorrow.

Missandei
06.11.2012 , 08:12 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by SteelDawn View Post
Hi guys
i started playing in december but had to stop mid january due to moving house, now i have returned all i see is forum posts with people moaning etc, is this game still popular? are servers still full?
Yes! The game is still exciting and attracts a lot of people.
Btw, the devs change the name of the game in next patch. Now it will be called either GW2 or SecretWorldOnline.
They dont decide it yet..
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

Vankris
06.11.2012 , 08:20 AM | #4
Hi guys
don't worry, the game is here to stay for years to come, don't pay attention to doomsayer everywhere, those are the same that predicted a very short life to World of Warcraft when it came out. Everquest fan were talking trash about wow back then, i remember.

The server population is uneven, some server a well populated and player does have a great time and some server, population is too low to really enjoy the game, hopefully free character transder will help those unfortunate player.

With a group finder to come, and plethora of project, some announced at the E3, some still secret, the game does have quite a few years of fun gameplay ahead.

the game cannot please everyone, we are all different, don't be affraid with the recent player drop, it's a normal and necessary step, once the population will have stabilize, those who stay will be the one that enjoy the game, most of the troll would go away (one can dream).
Shadow | Kinetic Combat

Devlonir
06.11.2012 , 08:23 AM | #5
Hi guys
If you go back to the forums of december/mid january, not much has changed there.

Same people complaining about the same things. The fact they are still here to complain about it is proof enough the game is not dead yet.

Just log back in, wait for server transfers to happen very soon if your server went empty.. or just reroll on a full server, and enjoy yourself!
"Cows go 'Moo', Dogs go 'Woof', MMO Players go 'The PVP is unbalanced!" - Yahthzee
"I'm starting to get the feeling that BW and their MMO are not the dysfunctional ones." - Rafaman

tloops
06.11.2012 , 08:24 AM | #6
are servers still full?
the servers are as empty as could be...transfers tommorrow so there might be 4 full servers
TOR...the best single player game on the market

LovarBoy
06.11.2012 , 08:28 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Cloma View Post
Game is doing better then ever! Don't listen to the trolls that live on the forums. I recommend buying a 6 month subscription!

*lol*

*sigh*

90% of the servers are empty.

This game tends to be "popular", but it isn't.

Less press-interest of this game, less player-interest.

Symbea
06.11.2012 , 08:39 AM | #8
Wow, apparently no one in this topic can answer properly. Seriously guys, go for a walk or something...it's so much better than trolling and getting angry on a games forum.

No, the game is not 90% empty.
No, don't buy a 6 month subscription if you're unsure.
No, we don't know what the subs numbers are.
No, the screenshot from the trailer is not something we've seen for a while.

Right now the game is suffering from too many servers and has spread out a reasonably good number of people. Tomorrow they are introducing server transfers which will hopefully fill up some servers and get everyone playing together. The game (if you liked it before) is solid and is improving but if you didn't like it before then it's probably not going to change your mind just yet as the content has been consistent with previous content.

Give it a go really but you may want to wait for 1.3 to come out (soonish) because that'll add an advanced group finder and matched with populated servers it should work well.

I'm sorry you have to put up with the same 5 or 6 trolls ruining every topic.

Rhysling
06.11.2012 , 08:42 AM | #9
Hi guys
Only server that has any population is Fatman. Its a PVP server. Other than that no other server has enough players to run any content.

If you are going to play you might as well roll a character on Fatman. It is your only chance to find people to play with.

Missandei
06.11.2012 , 08:44 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Symbea View Post
Wow, apparently no one in this topic can answer properly. Seriously guys, go for a walk or something...
Wow.. C`mon, do you seriously take that OP is not trolling in first place?
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.