Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unsubscriber's Thread: Tell us a few things

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
Unsubscriber's Thread: Tell us a few things

Sandtrooper
05.04.2012 , 05:30 PM | #1
I have to say I'm enjoying the game and I have no axe to grind. Yes, there are some things that could be improved but there are many, many good things.

I see so many threads with posters claiming that they have unsubbed. Some even seemed to have unsubbed weeks or months ago. I'm always curious why they stick around.

If you are one of the people who played for a time, then decided to quit, please answer the following questions:

What are your top 5 reasons why you left the game? Why do you stick around?

Maybe we can get some good feedback by putting this all in one place and maybe we can clean up other threads by putting this all in one place.

Sand
"You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!" - President Merkin Muffley in Dr. Stangelove

Ellvaan
06.11.2012 , 06:12 AM | #2
Because the previous thread has exceeded our normal threshold for thread length, we've started this new thread for the community to give their feedback related to the following question:

Quote:
If you are one of the people who played for a time, then decided to quit, please answer the following questions:

What are your top 5 reasons why you left the game? Why do you stick around?
As always, we ask that the community keep the following things on mind when responding:
  1. No insults, name calling, or personal attacks
  2. Please stay on topic.
  3. Please express your opinion and thoughts in a constructive, respectful manner.
  4. If someone violates the Rules of Conduct, please report it instead of replying to it.
  5. Keep in mind that everyone has different viewpoints. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they're trolling. If you believe someone is trolling, please use the Report function to report their post.

Thank you and enjoy the discussion!

Lyynk
06.11.2012 , 07:08 AM | #3
I keep my sub going because I love the Star Wars universe and I'm hoping that some day (hopefully in the near future), the game becomes enjoyable again. I haven't logged on in quite some time, though.

1. Friends left/Low Pop Server - The vast majority of my guild and friends left to play other games. MMOs aren't very much fun to play by yourself (imo). I could find a new guild, but then you have to go through the whole process of integrating yourself into a new group of people again... I'm sure we are all familiar with the process. Not to mention the servers are rather lacking in population atm.
  2. Space Combat - I was an SWG player and I really loved the space combat... it was practically an entire game in-and-of itself. I know this is not SWG 2.0 and that's not really what I'm asking for, but the recent news about "3D Space Combat" being developed excites me. We'll see if that pans out.
  3. Open World PVP - I love PvP, but more specifically, I love open-world PvP. This game does nothing in this department. Playing on a PvP server doesn't matter... it might as well be PvE. In my opinion, the leveling areas are too segregated and there is really hardly any chance that you will ever run into a player of the opposite faction while out and about.
  4. No Immersion - Honestly, I don't really feel like I'm playing a Star Wars game. It feels more like just another game in space. I don't really know how BioWare would go about fixing this problem, but a couple of my ideas: 1) The worlds are too linear. They make it very difficult to just go exploring and discover random things out in the wild. The planets feel more like maps, or maybe even mazes. 2) The perception of "choice" and "my saga" is really a lie. Everything is pre-determined. It doesn't feel like my character.
  5. Poor crafting system - The crafting system in this game has a lot of potential. I think the RE system is really nice, but there is just not enough reward to invest in this system. And even the rewards that there could be are sapped by the addition of "Bind on Pickup." Let me run this Operation to get better gear... oh hey, a new schematic for armor, but wait... the armor I just got is better and this armor I can now craft is Bind on Pickup....???

vaknyuszi
06.11.2012 , 07:12 AM | #4
i had game time codes for 6 months, not anymore GW2 is comin out and in comparison swtor is so much more static
few people scattered around servers, end game is just grinding at its highest, gameis lifeless, not wasting anymore money...

CaptFalc
06.11.2012 , 09:44 AM | #5
I haven't unsubbed as of yet but I'm concerned I'm losing interest in the game. My five reasons;

• Community - Apart from being afraid that character transfer has come too late, my solid raiding group are leaving for other games or losing interest. Finding a new guild won't be the problem but with how the system works it's not easy to just jump into regular raiding groups. I feel that the community fixing has been neglected or stubbornly put off.

• PVP - Like the other poster, no Open World PVP is annoying. As a competitive player having no Open World PVP is not ideal, nether is delaying or postponing Ranked Warzones ideal.

• BioWare - I don't claim to understand how time is used within BioWare or how long certain processes take because that would be ignorant of me, however I don't feel they address the community as quickly as they could. They could do a lot more in informing their members. I also question the amount of content they can produce, as much as the updates are coming regularly I feel they could produce more content.

• Aesthetics - As much as the planets themselves look detailed, I feel they lack depth. The fleet is horrible and disgusting, is it much to ask for posters or anything that encourages attention to detail. I feel like if I had one day of sitting with BW I would redesign the fleet (not necessarily in structure) but in colours and appearance. It's extremely bland. I struggle not to compare to Orgrimmar in WoW, which is much more involved. Each segment of the fleet is the same and in 'Crew Skills' there are just pointless NPC's which you only speak to once (unless changing crew skills), I just think it feels lifeless.

• Character Creation & Diversity - 1.3 is allowing the use of social gear which is very nice to know, although I still think everyone looks 'un-unique', I don't feel the gear is imaginative as it could possibly be for a Star Wars Universe. Races are pretty dull, little minor details like if you pick a Twi'lek his head gets in the way, just looks lazy.

I will continue to play the game but I do worry that the game is moving at a slow pace, I hope it's not slow enough for me too lose interest. then again, by making this post I've lost some.

Evangolis
06.11.2012 , 10:15 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by vaknyuszi View Post
i had game time codes for 6 months, not anymore GW2 is comin out and in comparison swtor is so much more static
few people scattered around servers, end game is just grinding at its highest, gameis lifeless, not wasting anymore money...
Good luck with that. In 6 months you will probably be gnashing your teeth at GW2. To many people reporting how its not all that from their point of view. But, by all means as I see it one must see things for themselves. Maybe it will be better...however I am not going to waste my time or money to find out what many others have said is true.
Recruiting all classes.

matthewdbear
06.11.2012 , 10:30 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Evangolis View Post
Good luck with that. In 6 months you will probably be gnashing your teeth at GW2. To many people reporting how its not all that from their point of view. But, by all means as I see it one must see things for themselves. Maybe it will be better...however I am not going to waste my time or money to find out what many others have said is true.
Fun part of gw2 when it comes out there no monthly fee, no reason why if someone wantecd to play here and there.
Last I check it still in beta stage of the game. I like the human and char races so far, not crazy about Norn.

Serious note I'm leaving cause I don't think this game worth a monthly fee. That in Jan after I paided my 6 month sub. That game subscriptions took a nose dive, now it to the point when i'm playing it just me and my son running around doing stuff. Yes I'm on an empty server in my opinion.
Ariesfiresign PSN

DecanAndersen
06.11.2012 , 11:04 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Evangolis View Post
Hehe yeah, people said the same about D3, and would you look at that, over half of them are right back at swtor
<> The Red Eclipse <>
<> Décan <> LvL 50 <> Jedi Shadow <>
<> Decan <> LvL 50 <> Jedi Sentinel <>
<> Décán <> LvL 50 <> Jedi Guardian <>

Jonoku
06.11.2012 , 11:10 AM | #9
1. Open World PvP Lacks
2. Warzones are quite boring
3. Expertise System= Terrible
4. Grind gear based game, boring daily farming.
5. I love swg so much that I don't think I would come back here.(You know what I loved about swg)
6. Population an issue.

I stick around to see if bioware has any brain left to put in something good before my sub runs out.

-Pi-
06.11.2012 , 11:24 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DecanAndersen View Post
Hehe yeah, people said the same about D3, and would you look at that, over half of them are right back at swtor
Poor SWTOR players, they cant see what is comming, 6 months subs will end soon, I another one that will leave this game, and you know for what? For the lies Bioware told us. Right now for me is more fun to play D3, BF3, and other games than losing my time with grinds. Poor Bioware has his reputation hit hard by this game, dunno what will happen after ME3 also, will think twice before buying another Bioware product.
... and there was him ...