Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Classes

Knyghter
06.12.2012 , 03:24 PM | #21
Wow, I just got trolled. I'm sorry, I just didn't research "that deeply" into star wars history. Not, that I'm not interested, mind you. I simply never thought someone had composed the back story so deeply.

Knyghter
06.12.2012 , 03:37 PM | #22
Now, now. no need to start anything. I started this thread so people could share their ideas freely. I wanted the game developer's to see this thread and help them think of new ideas for future game play. I hope that people will continue to post their creative ideas, not just criticisms.

Temeluchus
06.12.2012 , 03:39 PM | #23
Correcting information or sharing it to show correction or problems you may run into isn't trolling, if anything you got 'lollored" or if I was a jerk about it "nerd bullied". I merely shared lore and canon that shows there are problems with your idea and some other ideas here, which will explain why you probably won't see them implemented.

The SW EU is immense and has numerous books,e-books,,games,comic books,graphic novels and much more taking place in it, so of course many species,sects,concepts,planets etc have been written about and expanded upon. Wookieepedia is a decent resource to check if you have neither the time or inclination to read the EU.
"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night.

Knyghter
06.12.2012 , 03:49 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Temeluchus View Post
Correcting information or sharing it to show correction or problems you may run into isn't trolling, if anything you got 'lollored" or if I was a jerk about it "nerd bullied". I merely shared lore and canon that shows there are problems with your idea and some other ideas here, which will explain why you probably won't see them implemented.

The SW EU is immense and has numerous books,e-books,,games,comic books,graphic novels and much more taking place in it, so of course many species,sects,concepts,planets etc have been written about and expanded upon. Wookieepedia is a decent resource to check if you have neither the time or inclination to read the EU.
I never said you were a jerk and I thank you for the correction, as well as the advice. I simply wish for this to return to people sharing their ideas. I also apologize for the other posters rude comment. Please share some of your ideas on what would be good new classes or even the possibility of a different faction, though it may be highly doubtful that a new faction would be made.

Temeluchus
06.12.2012 , 04:06 PM | #25
Well, the only viable third faction I can think of would be(warning Imperial Agent spoilers soon) is the
Spoiler
. The Hutts are powerful and rich enough to become a third faction, but I think they'd need to ally with some other group(s) to be viable enough to stand toe to toe with the Empire and Republic.

New classes, I'm not quite sure because BW did a good job of taking iconic classes or characters and representing them as a class or AC. I'm not a huge fan of the typical suggestions that crop up in threads like these, from former SWG fans that often suggest playable classes from that game for TOR because they just don't have the right feel for TOR . I do like the Tera Kasi idea and a few others, but I really haven't thought enough about it for my own suggestions.

EDIT: I think someone mentioned the Imperial Guard from this era,they would make for an interesting class. They seem to be a mix of melee and ranged, so you could give them a tank,dps and possibly healing spec.

TheSameDevice
06.12.2012 , 04:27 PM | #26
To answer the debate of the Justicars' allegiance, one can discern that they are the "tea-party" of the Republic.

Anyways, the ideas aforementioned are terrific, however, I find them too similar to classes presently available. A very appealing notion is being an android. It could be a completely different experience that hasn't been explored as both a new class and species (or model--if you will). Famous droids such as Guri, IG-88, HK-47, and C-3PX remove the notion of droids being quirky side kicks and comedic relief. Imagine this: Imperial scientists perfect an android replicant to infiltrate SIS or you're a Republic magna droid with a glitch and takes on their own personality. Possiblities are endless and would give variety to different droid models and classes that doesn't follow the archetypical model of the hero.
Bolan Eastwood--your friendly neighborhood gunslinger

Wrath of Xedrix - Harbinger

DarthKaage
06.13.2012 , 10:58 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by matt_chiles View Post
I'd love to see Mandalorians as a Darkside Character
Cool, because that is already in the game. I in fact have a level 50 Mandalorian (Bounty Hunter) right now.

Jageera
06.13.2012 , 11:15 AM | #28
Rebel (Republic) - former citizen of Empire-controlled systems. Primarily uses rifles.
* Guerrilla - Specializes in traps (ala Hunters from WoW) and arsenal military attacks. Possible stealth AC.
* Star Fighter - Utilizes a variety of Orbital Strike/Flyby-like mechanics. Perhaps some acrobatic grappling hook movement mechanics.

Imperial Officer (Empire) - the guys in charge of the Star Destroyers. Primarily uses pistol(s).
* Droid Commander - Traps via smaller droids who kamikazi. Possible stealth AC.
* Admiral - like the Star Fighter above.
"Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting."

Tenacity
06.13.2012 , 12:51 PM | #29
Honestly as much as people want teras kasi or nightsisters or whathaveyou, they wouldnt fit in. They dont exist in this timeline, and there's no role they could fill that any other class doesnt already cover. The latter is an issue for any new class, though.

The only class I can see being added right now is droid, for both factions, and droids would have to be limited to their own species as well.

I posted a big writeup a while back on how the droid class would work, not going to list it all out again, but AC options would make the most sense with Combat Droid (like an assassin or war droid) for the offensive/tanking AC, and Utility Droid (like a protocol droid or astromech unit) for the support/healing AC.
Akeema Lynx Mirialan Freelancer

Temeluchus
06.13.2012 , 10:09 PM | #30
I'm actually starting to really like the idea of the Imperial Guard class for the Empire, but having a hard time coming up with a mirror class for the Republic, without being downright unoriginal and going with the Supreme Guard.

Droids would be fun to play as but I foresee them running into a roadblock with the whole romance issue unless BW changes their stance on this.