Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game wont launch after installing from the dvd

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Game wont launch after installing from the dvd

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Coeru
12.18.2011 , 12:44 PM | #1
Ok, I have been playing fine all week since early access started. However since it was a beta launcher it had nearly 50 gigs of data, so i decided to delete the old and start fresh with the new dvds that arrived with my product code. Now I can log in, then the game looks like it will launch but it just shuts off. Any help is appreciated, esp if i missed a fix, point me in the right direction. Like I said I have been playing fine all week, just wanted to start fresh with a clean install.

renegadeimp
12.18.2011 , 12:45 PM | #2
Do not install it to program files, make sure you are running a user account with admin rights, and the game is being given admin rights.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

Coeru
12.18.2011 , 12:53 PM | #3
As I said I had the game already, it worked fine *all* week., I have a lvl 27 in game as i type. I installed it in the same place as the old one, I am the only one on my puter I am the admin. Nothing changed except my trying to install a clean copy from the DVD, i think its stuck on updating. Theres no error but it flashed that it was trying to download but then the play button lights up. If I knew what fine to delete (just like there were certain files to delete for the updating of the beta to continue). I think somethn justgot stuck.

craigland
12.18.2011 , 01:11 PM | #4
I'm having the same problem. Yesterday I did my annual clean Windows install and then installed swtor from the dvds. When I started it up, it downloaded a few updates and then after I hit play it shows the loading screen for a few seconds and then disappears.

TopCatDK
12.18.2011 , 02:24 PM | #5
I have the excact same problem.. And can't find an answer anywhere..
Those were the droids i was looking for *facepalm*

Xaryell
12.18.2011 , 02:39 PM | #6 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings,

Please try downloading the setup file from www.swtor.com/download and running it over your existing installation. When this is done try restarting the launcher.

I hope this helps.

Xaryell | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

irishcoffeeman
12.18.2011 , 06:22 PM | #7
that didnt work.. any other ideas?