Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Account Security:What you(and Bioware) can do

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Account Security:What you(and Bioware) can do

JohnnyBravo
12.18.2011 , 12:41 PM | #1
Regarding the problems that everyone is having with the security questions, and the concurrent crashing the phone lines of Bioware's call center(s) I find it necessary to offer the fixes I have learned and offer solutions for the Devs to take.

For the Player
1)Regarding your locked account: To try that security question over and over again without having to wait, you can press the "reset password" once you run out of tries. Then change your password to the same you had it, then try again. Rinse, Repeat until (hopefully) you guess the right answer.

2)The questions seem to be case sensitive, so try to capitalize the first letter or the whole answer.

3)Spaces matter. If asked for a street name, you might have put either Riverstreet or River Street or River St

For the Devs
1)Change the current security question to one of the other questions. The devs have stated they don't want to "Cycle" the questions for phishers, but there are five questions so they could change from the current one just one of the other five. (eg change street name to
favorite person in history, while not asking the other three)

2)If you can email changing your password, then you should be able to change the security questions the same way.

My friend has been locked out for days, spent more than five hours on the phone (unable to get a hold of anybody), sent multiple emails with no response, and has tried to answer the same question more than a hundred different ways. He says he remembers his other answer, just not the one he is stuck on.

Please add any suggestions you think would be helpful
Remember that darkness cannot exist in direct light. So Jedi and troopers will be that light for the sake of the Republic, and good will win in the end.
Guild Leader of Relic
Server: Nadd's Sarcophagus PvP US West

Stone_Jedi
12.18.2011 , 12:49 PM | #2
It appears to me - if you didn't make five security questions - then the system is picking one you didn't - since it doesn't roll through your actual questions - your stuck in a loop.

(in my case and several other posters "what is your favorite activity")

So - you can't possibly answer the question (you never picked it) - which means you call CS and wait and wait and wait..

(6+ hours and counting for myself)

This isn't a question of not knowing the answer, or typing it in wrong - I have document all my questions and answers (generated) and I can confirm the above 100%
BH 9959

JohnnyBravo
12.18.2011 , 01:40 PM | #3
That would make sense since my friend doesn't remember being using that question
Remember that darkness cannot exist in direct light. So Jedi and troopers will be that light for the sake of the Republic, and good will win in the end.
Guild Leader of Relic
Server: Nadd's Sarcophagus PvP US West

BindoDidIt
12.18.2011 , 01:45 PM | #4
My favorite activity is wasting my monthly minutes waiting on the phone

NOT

I hope we all get a free month of play for this annoyance

Kildo
12.18.2011 , 01:49 PM | #5
here here i been trying to get in to my account for days

god only knows how many times i have re-set my password lol

Darth-Malkaevian
12.18.2011 , 02:20 PM | #6
You wont get any recompense even if it takes bioware into the midle of jabuary to fix your account, which it probably will.

I am also locked out of my account due to the favorite pet question.

Spent over 24 hours attempting to get hold of customer service and over 6 hours on actual hold, and Ive sent 5 emails to CS about the issue even open where I posted my identity verification info and requested they permanently disable the SQA's on my account.

I would honestly rather have my account hacked and deal with that IF it happens, then spend days waiting to play a game I pay for because the security system is so secure I can't even get into my own account.

This being the case I've decided to chuck my first month up as a lost cause, and wait till March/April to try the game (If it's still around and bioware hasn't been sued or declared bankruptcy for this lol Fail CS issue, since I know as soon as the millions of 20th players log on, there will be no chance in me getting into my account until march.

Guess I'll go back to rift or wow, might not even come back honestly, at least in those games I don't have to deal with these issues and can fix anything account wise automatically.