Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jet Charge

DuffAlmighty
12.18.2011 , 12:40 PM | #1
As a powertech planning to go Advance prototype, with alot of my damaging abilties(best ones) being melee, why dont we harv a gap closer?

A 45sec single target grip isnt a gap closer.

routesman
12.18.2011 , 02:40 PM | #2
For PvE, you really don't need one.

For PvP, everyone does not get everything. You have to work as a team.

cdstephen
12.18.2011 , 10:52 PM | #3
In PvE it's not necessary most of the time, since enemies don't really run away.

In PvP you also have grapple I think.
The HK droid that absolutely no one likes.

The_Stig
12.19.2011 , 12:39 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DuffAlmighty View Post
As a powertech planning to go Advance prototype, with alot of my damaging abilties(best ones) being melee, why dont we harv a gap closer?

As a ST you get four interrupt abilities and three of them are closer abilities. Stun dart, grapple, and charge all bring target to you. If you can't get to your target with them, you are doing it wrong. If your enemy is running, they are not damaging you. Wait for your closer to reset while you throw missiles and your basic attack at them.
$$$$$$
$$$ CAESARUS$$$

$$$ UNDISPUTED $$$
$$$PORT NOWHERE$$$

Eroex
12.19.2011 , 01:27 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DuffAlmighty View Post

You have a speed boost on a 30 second CD, Hydraulic overrides. + the 8 seconds of knockbacks/snares.

you have a 35 second on your gap closer with talent, grapple

You have a 15% speed boost at all times as an advanced prototype when talented.

dont forget. you still have some ranged abilities if they are kiting you. You'll be fine.

Eroex
12.19.2011 , 01:33 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Stig View Post
As a ST you get four interrupt abilities and three of them are closer abilities. Stun dart, grapple, and charge all bring target to you. If you can't get to your target with them, you are doing it wrong. If your enemy is running, they are not damaging you. Wait for your closer to reset while you throw missiles and your basic attack at them.
What does shield tech have to do with advanced prototype?

Quote: Originally Posted by The_Stig View Post
If you are a different spec you have these abilities. Herp Derp.

DuffAlmighty
12.19.2011 , 07:47 AM | #7
For pvp i'm on about. And also, Grappel is a taunt. Doubt you'll be allowed to use it in PVE without a mad group.

We'll about Advance Prototype, We really need a snare or charge. Pref's a snare I guess.

Ogrezilla
12.19.2011 , 09:07 AM | #8
For PvE I suggest running at them with your improved movement speed, shooting them with 1 or 2 ranged abilities on your way. Explosive dart is still a good skill. Otherwise just give them a few rapid shots until you are in melee range. A snare would be nice, but a constant 15% movement increase is pretty darn nice. Instead of sometimes being 50% faster than one person like the other two specs, you are 15% faster than everyone constantly.

otherwise, I would recommend you hope they change Jet Charge to a non-talent ability. I don't think they will and I don't think they need to, but it sure would be nice .

Kotli
12.19.2011 , 10:39 AM | #9
You got +15% IMS permanent and a click that adds 30%IMS and status immunity for 8 secs. (depend on how these stack you got +45% to +50% IMS when both are running).

In any case HO better than shield Tech Jet for chasing 8 secs vs 3 immoblize and 4 sec speed boost.

Geekcheck
12.19.2011 , 10:45 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
For PvE I suggest running at them with your improved movement speed, shooting them with 1 or 2 ranged abilities on your way. Explosive dart is still a good skill. Otherwise just give them a few rapid shots until you are in melee range. A snare would be nice, but a constant 15% movement increase is pretty darn nice. Instead of sometimes being 50% faster than one person like the other two specs, you are 15% faster than everyone constantly.

otherwise, I would recommend you hope they change Jet Charge to a non-talent ability. I don't think they will and I don't think they need to, but it sure would be nice .
To the OP and Ogrezilla, don't expect them to changer Jet Charge anytime soon, if at all. It used to be a Tier 3 Shield Tech ability in beta, but they intentionally changed it to give Shield Tech a signature move and gap closer, since they had very options to close the gap.

As others have said, you aren't supposed to do everything and Adv. Prototypes have other abilities to close the gap or gain an advantage in distance.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
- Martin Luther King Jr., Strength to Love (1963)