Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Regarding server queues

TomWhiting
12.22.2011 , 12:05 AM | #5151
Quote: Originally Posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
with no option to transfer toons to another server, it is Biowares problem.
Wrong again
Bioware isn't obligated to let you play where you want to play, when you want to play, with whom you want to play. They're obligated to let you play.

As people have said over and over again, rolling onto another server IS an option.
Does it have to be permanent? No
Will it mean you have to start over? So what
Does it mean you have to leave your friends behind? Nope, take them with you
Hell, you can even form a guild on that server as I understand it

Bioware owes you the ability to play the game, nothing more. They don't owe you the ability to play the game without queues, or when you want without queues, or with whom you want without queues. They simply owe you the ability to play the game. That is all.

Refusing to follow advice given since day one, well, that's just stubbornness and foolishness, nothing more. No whining priviledges there.

Rev_Gambit
12.22.2011 , 12:06 AM | #5152
In the middle of Hammer Station, I DC and come back to a queue. Then I reconnect after the queue and get a forced dc and am back in the queue. This is ridiculous!!!!!

Korzald
12.22.2011 , 12:06 AM | #5153
Not going to read through all the posts but I will mention that the ability to move servers needs to come soon. Even if this a payed for service it need to be there. And yes that can cause some issues with names and such but that is the risk of moving. But it does allow people to move established and leveled characters to one server.

bliapis
12.22.2011 , 12:09 AM | #5154
Quote: Originally Posted by EverStryke View Post
I would like to formally request a "Ding" sound that goes off when your server que is up. This is to prevent someone that is at their desk from going AFK because they were unaware that the server que was up due to the extended wait times in que's. Can we get that?

Bioware, can we get a... "ding"?

/discuss
I second that.

Also make the screen pop fireworks and elfs dancing up-side-down lol!

No really, thats a good idea! At least they fix the bloody queues! :E
i5 2500k OC @ 4Ghz | Thermaltek Hyper TX3 air cooler | 8gb Corsair Vengeance | Asus GTX580 CU | Asus Maximus IV GenZ/Gen3 | Thermatek 750W PSU -==- Server: Fredon Nad (EU)// Characters: [B]Vanguard L50: Clipjunkie// [B]Sentinel L50: Seithan// Juggernaur L50: Shaithis // Sorcerer L42: Rasthavas

jlongca
12.22.2011 , 12:10 AM | #5155
Queues suck plain and simple. I have limited time to play and often for only a small window so when I sit down for the hour of free time that i have to play and have to wait 45min of that it really annoys me.

bliapis
12.22.2011 , 12:11 AM | #5156
Quote: Originally Posted by TomWhiting View Post
Wrong again
Bioware isn't obligated to let you play where you want to play, when you want to play, with whom you want to play. They're obligated to let you play.

As people have said over and over again, rolling onto another server IS an option.
Does it have to be permanent? No
Will it mean you have to start over? So what
Does it mean you have to leave your friends behind? Nope, take them with you
Hell, you can even form a guild on that server as I understand it

Bioware owes you the ability to play the game, nothing more. They don't owe you the ability to play the game without queues, or when you want without queues, or with whom you want without queues. They simply owe you the ability to play the game. That is all.

Refusing to follow advice given since day one, well, that's just stubbornness and foolishness, nothing more. No whining priviledges there.
Still the customer is always right. If you make a customer unhappy for a long time (and in many cases even a short term effect will make it ) ppl will turn away to something else.
i5 2500k OC @ 4Ghz | Thermaltek Hyper TX3 air cooler | 8gb Corsair Vengeance | Asus GTX580 CU | Asus Maximus IV GenZ/Gen3 | Thermatek 750W PSU -==- Server: Fredon Nad (EU)// Characters: [B]Vanguard L50: Clipjunkie// [B]Sentinel L50: Seithan// Juggernaur L50: Shaithis // Sorcerer L42: Rasthavas

Menelic
12.22.2011 , 01:34 AM | #5157
Got a good news, the ques improved dramaticaly! 3 dayz ago, I had like 2k que and have been waiting more than 4 hours in peak time. Past 2 dayz dramatical improvement occured. Now I have in peak time app 900 que and wait time is up to an hour. Significant! I belive, that in few dayz, there will be no ques and everything works just fine. I would like to know what BW did to improve, was this a purpouse? Will never find out ...

Enjoy the game, the story is epic and I did not miss a single conversation (cinematics) ...

nazguk
12.22.2011 , 02:59 PM | #5158
this is a pain having to wait in long queue when you only have so many time to play and waist half of this time waiting, you place our guild in this server and you should transfer us in a less crowded server, hope this get fix fast cause I'm not planing of paying 15$ month for a game that i have to wait in queue every time i want to play.

Thamelas
12.22.2011 , 03:00 PM | #5159
Quote: Originally Posted by Menelic View Post
Got a good news, the ques improved dramaticaly! 3 dayz ago, I had like 2k que and have been waiting more than 4 hours in peak time. Past 2 dayz dramatical improvement occured. Now I have in peak time app 900 que and wait time is up to an hour. Significant! I belive, that in few dayz, there will be no ques and everything works just fine. I would like to know what BW did to improve, was this a purpouse? Will never find out ...

Enjoy the game, the story is epic and I did not miss a single conversation (cinematics) ...
Bioware didn't do anything. People got tired of waiting, and said eff it.

Bioware's server strategy is epic fail and is blowing their launch. The guy in charge of it needs to be replaced. Period.

I'm in a queue, but when I log in most planets have a low population. Where the hell is everyone for it to be a full server?! Oh! I know...Its full because the server cap is only like 500...
SWTOR-Holo.net - Guides for Crew Skills, Datacrons, Flashpoints, Operations, Talent Builds, and more!

djsmileey
12.22.2011 , 03:01 PM | #5160
Quote: Originally Posted by nazguk View Post
cause I'm not planing of paying 15$ month for a game that i choose to wait in queue every time i want to play.
Fixed*