Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Regarding server queues

12.18.2011 , 04:58 PM | #501
Hello wonderful Bioware team. I think it's safe to say you understand this is a big issue, and will act on it in good time. I understand why we're all so mad, heck I just waited in a 2 hour que and will be unable to play today because I work and have a family. I only have so much time to pretend i'm a jedi. I know some direct comments have been made, but know there are patient people out here with watchful eyes. We will wait; some of us a month, others a couple months perhaps. When two months hits (let's say this isn't dealt with at that point) you're going to have some seriously frustrated people on your hands. Some people are, even now, understandably upset. I really love your game and i've been waiting for this mmo for years, but as was stated by many, this is subscription cancelling territory we're in. I've observed how awesome your game is and from my experiences so far, I trust you guys. I back you guys 100% and I know you will come through on this serious issue. Good luck Bioware team. We know/trust you will take action and we support you!

12.18.2011 , 04:59 PM | #502
I hate when game companies introduce new features on a Friday, then use the weekend as an excuse for not working on them.

In office IT you push through upgrades and resets on Friday because no one needs the office on the weekend.

In gaming, if you're going to push through some radical changes, do it on a Monday when you have all week to address the issues.

12.18.2011 , 05:00 PM | #503
While Bioware is working on fixing this im setting up my computer for remote desktop connection. And Im going to connect to it from work and login to the game about 2 hours before I quit for the day. If I do that I should be on the character screen about when I get home
"Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time."
Terry Pratchett

12.18.2011 , 05:03 PM | #504
All you people saying "hurrdurr weekend dey rnt thur", are you kidding? It's the prelaunch for their biggest game ever and first mmo. Everyone at that company is working, as can be seen in the micro patches we're getting.

oh and just to repeat the mantra, waiting in queue and then disconnecting for some reason just to get put back in a ridiculous queue sucks. Please make connection protection. It sucks playing with your buddies and then telling them oh hey bros, be back in 3-4 hours. By then, barring they themselves haven't been disconnected, they've already done all teh quests you were doing together. That's not fun.

12.18.2011 , 05:04 PM | #505
A fix needs to come soon.... Hour in queue; position 475 and got down to 50. Internet has a bit of a hickup; I cannot rejoin the queue. Now 607 in queue... Free transfers for guilds please!

12.18.2011 , 05:05 PM | #506
The old school WoW'ers are laughing at you all pitching fits right now. the first 8 MONTHS of WoW were plagued by constant server downs, restarts and glitches. Know how I remember? I'm olllld, and I was laughing on Gilgamesh server in FF11 at the time.

They do not want to make new servers until the "bloat" dies down. Otherwise they'll have empty servers when all the fleeting window shoppers decide to go back to whichever MMO they normally play. Those players are "Bloat" and if too many of them leave the same server, you'll have ghost towns and people complaining about not having any people to play with.

This is one of the reason's other MMO lose traction so soon after release. they make a bunch of new servers to kill the queses, then two months later everyone hops off to play something else and the 70 people who still play on it rage about how the MMO is a graveyard of fun and the dev's suck.

12.18.2011 , 05:05 PM | #507
Why not give people the option in the first week to change servers. I will change to the one other RP-PVP East server that is not constantly full if my character stayed intact.

12.18.2011 , 05:06 PM | #508
while bioware is working on fixing this im setting up my computer for remote desktop connection. And im going to connect to it from work and login to the game about 2 hours before i quit for the day. If i do that i should be on the character screen about when i get home.
amat victoria curam

12.18.2011 , 05:06 PM | #509
Quote: Originally Posted by Metamorph View Post
Just days before a major game launch?
I believe you are mistaken, sir.
I wouldn't be surprised if Bioware hired some extra people just to help handle this launch.
Mate i know of people who tried to contact CS or have written Tickets which still arent unanswerd, you cannot reach anyone via phone, ticket response time is now 3 Days, the issue was well known even in the beta phase and nothing had happend so far.

The Problem is simply that there is no statement if they are even aware of the severity of the problem, not to talk about a response on how they might fix it or why it does take over 3 days to respond to a ticket.

There are other MMOs out there who have simmilar Numbers of subscribers and they don t have those problems or have fixed them soon enough. tomorow, the game is on sale and we will see a hell of people comming online and try to play. Considering the sheer ammount of servers and the fact that nearly all of them are full says me, that we are in for a big suprise tomorow.

And for the people who think they wait till the float is over, well it could cost them dearly because it is safe to say, they screwed the launch and they screwed it big time.

And since i have played SWG previous its also safe to say, that players never forget, we had people complaining about a change in the game system that happend in the first years still after 7 years.

12.18.2011 , 05:09 PM | #510
I am patient now because this is pre-release. I'll gladly trade my free month at release for no lines.

There should be NO lines at release; I'm not "playing for free," the month is built into the cost of the game.