Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Regarding server queues

Speeduk
12.21.2011 , 10:36 AM | #5021
I tried to log in at 7.25am this morning. 600queue!!!!!!! AT 7.25AM!!!!!!

I have never ever seen that in ANY MMO before! Currently in a 1250 queue!

I and my guildies who invested as lot of time in early access are losing patience fast. This is stupid!

nyallh
12.21.2011 , 10:36 AM | #5022
Quote: Originally Posted by Vulcin View Post
It's only the second day of actual launch guy's, the game is awesome. I am sure that bioware is going to do free server tranfers very soon, for acounts and guilds. I know it sucks, but come on it's day two, weren't most of you guys expecting a few bumps?
judging by the inept postings of a few, i think they were expecting to have their cake, and eat it. and then have seconds. it seems...

Stabbing
12.21.2011 , 10:37 AM | #5023
LOL! this is great! Still 2+hours of queueing... I guess I shouldnt log out?

Perhaps a solution to the problem, am I the only one that remember the old speccy/C64 games, some of the good ones, would let you play space invaders while the game loaded.
Surely the idea would work here, we could all pay monthly to play 2 hours of Pac Man/Space invaders per day

nyallh
12.21.2011 , 10:39 AM | #5024
Quote: Originally Posted by Speeduk View Post
I tried to log in at 7.25am this morning. 600queue!!!!!!! AT 7.25AM!!!!!!

I have never ever seen that in ANY MMO before! Currently in a 1250 queue!

I and my guildies who invested as lot of time in early access are losing patience fast. This is stupid!
does this really need to be repeated? the game has just launched. there will be more new people. it is not a hard concept to understand. people gravitate to populated servers. if you think about it (and please, dont think too hard), you and your mates could be a bit more constructive if you petittioned Bioware for a free transfer. its ok, ill give you that idea for free.

Abdiel
12.21.2011 , 10:41 AM | #5025
I'm pretty sure it's been said on this thread before, sorry for not reading all the pages.

One thing is your server-load-balancing. Another thing is getting kicked out of the queue after waiting for x minutes or, more likely, hours.

The second thing is with being unable to rejoin the queue, because of a still existing session on the server. Instead of restoring the session, like many do demand here, it just throws a "sorry something went wrong but we will only tell you a error number" aka "Error 1002" message.

Look. I've been through my servers queue many times today and it's the server with the longest queue that i know of. It started with somewhat 20 minutes in the morning and is now again more than 1h. Again: I went through the whole queue at least 8 times just to get that fricken error 1003 and then 1002 as long as my session has not timed out.

Note: I'm still not in the game after 7 hours!

PLEASE FIX!
Thank you.

IHate
12.21.2011 , 10:42 AM | #5026
Next time there is a questionaire about "would you recommend this game to a friend" be sure include the line that says "if you knew when you queued to the server your guild is on you would be number 1200 in the que and wait over 2 hours every time you want to play"
because I think the feedback might be more accurate now.

Speeduk
12.21.2011 , 10:43 AM | #5027
Ok name me one MMO day after launch that had a server with 600 queue at 7.25am?

ArkhamNative
12.21.2011 , 10:44 AM | #5028
Quote: Originally Posted by Vulcin View Post
It's only the second day of actual launch guy's, the game is awesome. I am sure that bioware is going to do free server tranfers very soon, for acounts and guilds. I know it sucks, but come on it's day two, weren't most of you guys expecting a few bumps?
It's day 6 for these huge queues, actually. 5 days ago they started consolidating all the queue gripe threads into this one, which has rolled over once.

Now there's a new thread (here) where SR basically says they can't do character transfers yet, and doesn't know when they'll get them. He also says the queues will continue for the foreseeable future. Not a good sign.

If BioWare is "monitoring and adjusting" stuff, it hasn't made any appreciable difference for these hardest-hit servers.
Do you support a Mac client for SWTOR?
BioWare Founders do! (once they get "everything stabilized and happy.")
"[Mac OS users] are an important and large audience. And we want to serve that audience."

Gramm
12.21.2011 , 10:51 AM | #5029
Why are u guys crying? This is a launch u idiots, its just the begining of a game that maybe half the world wants to play... exspect lots of players logging in the game. I had to wait a hour to play the game and im not crying. I mean really guys i understand ur pain that u want to play really bad but face it BW is working as hard as they can to make everything work out, now give them a chance to!

P.S. STOP QQING NUBS!
(Jedi Gromm)

Gramm
12.21.2011 , 10:56 AM | #5030
Quote: Originally Posted by Speeduk View Post
Ok name me one MMO day after launch that had a server with 600 queue at 7.25am?
World of Warcraft? Their servers crashed every minute so no one would be able to log in so all you nubs QQing let BW work and shut the heck up about ur wait times, if its so long join anather server with no wait time cuz i saw a few and just play that for awhile god all u babys QQing its launch exspect large problems.
(Jedi Gromm)