Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Regarding server queues

Calhoun_Solo
12.21.2011 , 09:54 AM | #5011
Quote: Originally Posted by jwolf View Post
It would be nice to get some new information from BioWare on this whole mess.

I now have most of my guild wanting to re roll on another server since there are no character transfers or guild transfers available.

I've been looking over the forums but I don't see any kind of current update on the whole server que problem, have I missed anything?

It would be nice to get an official update/solution ASAP!
They did give an update yesterday...not sure if a day-by-day update is reasonable at this point.
Kyphus, Sith Inquisitor, Jedi Covenant Server

Mortalitus - Join us or be destroyed!"

LadySolitare
12.21.2011 , 09:58 AM | #5012
Waiting in a Que at Peak times is understandable, if not expected on the week of release.
Perhaps this issue will resolve itself soon. My problem is this.
Those of us that Paid for Early Entry are being punished by doing so.
The price of our 5 days of early play has been rewarded with 45+ minutes of wait time if we dare try to log in after 5pm. I think what got me most was seeing a Full page of open servers waiting for people to enter and the server i was assigned has a que with over 475 people in front of me waiting to get in.

your rebuttle: you should move to one of them new servers then..
well here is my answer. I joined the early access program so I could have my guildmates all on one server, as well as adversaries we have known from other gaming systems to give us a good fight in PVP.

bottom line, those of us that paid to play early are all stuck on a overpopulated server,
those that waited to play till release day and have no ties to a guild on one of these servers.
and add to that fact that if your game crashes you get to wait in the que again.

Keep this up and this game will die a violent death as people get sick of the ques and dont renew their subscriptions. please TOR throw us a bone here.

Falkenherz
12.21.2011 , 09:58 AM | #5013
Seriously... today I spent about one hour in total for waiting. This is not how a game is supposed to be. I have about two or three hours to play on a free day, and if one hour is already done for waiting, I cannot really scedule and enjoy.

There I go off on a longer phone call... damn, logoff, twenty minute key here I come. Great.

I start of a new server and all my 25 levels so far are on ice. Great.

Calhoun_Solo
12.21.2011 , 10:00 AM | #5014
Quote: Originally Posted by LadySolitare View Post
Those of us that Paid for Early Entry are being punished by doing so
1. How do you figure you "paid for early access"?

2. Punished? Really?
Kyphus, Sith Inquisitor, Jedi Covenant Server

Mortalitus - Join us or be destroyed!"

Ninefingers
12.21.2011 , 10:08 AM | #5015
I also only have about 3 or 4 hours on some nights to play. Some only about 2 hours. So if I have to wait in a queue for < 1hour 50 minutes, I don't feel much like waiting to play for 10 minutes. I love playing the game, the operative word here is "playing". If I can't consistently get on then I'm not going to pay money every month to look at a queue screen. A 15 or 20 minute queue is acceptable, but anything over that is ridiculous.

I got into the early access on the first day, but due to queue times I only got to play a single day. That's crazy. And now on release week, I haven't been able to play at all yet. As much fun as this game is, I want something I can hop onto when I have free time, not something I have to schedule days in advance to make sure I have 4 hours of free time to be able to play for 2 hours.

Purah
12.21.2011 , 10:28 AM | #5016
Que's are really messing up my game experience. I have school in the morning and have to work in the eving till 22:00. After i get home and try to log in i have to w8 for 1-2 hours. When I'm finnaly online I can't find people to do my group quest with, and because I'm not gonna waste time looking for groups I sometimes finish a planet a lvl to early.
Wich brings me to my next problem. If I finish every planet like this I will get in serious trouble at some point because I will be to low to go to a planet and I wont have any normal quests left
Sithism - Of course Sith happens. We need to be dark lords of something, so it might as well be the Sith. That is why we are on our toilets all the time, we need the throne to sith upon.

Toow
12.21.2011 , 10:30 AM | #5017
do pvp and space battles then

nyallh
12.21.2011 , 10:33 AM | #5018
Quote: Originally Posted by KetChop View Post
nice, qued for 5 hours, 45 min playtime and crash. epic
if you did actually wait this long my friend, then you are of a very special breed, one to be confined to a room in a asylum. you do realise you could have just picked a different server. it is, actually.. and more importantly, factually, that simple.

Vulcin
12.21.2011 , 10:34 AM | #5019
It's only the second day of actual launch guy's, the game is awesome. I am sure that bioware is going to do free server tranfers very soon, for acounts and guilds. I know it sucks, but come on it's day two, weren't most of you guys expecting a few bumps?

Banishedoned
12.21.2011 , 10:34 AM | #5020
Is there gonna be free transfers off the heavy populated servers to the new servers?