Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Regarding server queues

xyxklak
12.18.2011 , 12:56 PM | #41
I understand what bioware says when they do say: pick another server. But this kind of contradicts the excellent pre-launch guild feature. I applied to a guild, got a spot and was placed on a server with the rest of the guild.

To pick another server at this point is not just starting over leaving a char thats lvl 20+ already. It also means trying to find another, reasonably mature guild. Not to mention, the guild i leave migth feel I'm an ***.

What should have been done was a full lockdown on character creation on the servers that started to get heavy queues. Only exception. People that belong in guilds on that server. It would be possible to open up character creation at a later date if managed properly.

Now its a mess. Starting up another character? First off it doesnt feel right. I already got a guild. Second, with the current state of affairs this second character is highly probable to end up on an over-populated server after launch.

In short this situation is starting to feel a bit silly.

monteboo
12.18.2011 , 12:56 PM | #42
A little advice for newbies - to get a real time you are going to spend in a queue, multiply the estimated time by 2.5 .

Launching WoW now, have fun guys.

Elysios
12.18.2011 , 12:56 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Caldritch View Post
To all the people who whine about queues but have bad internetconnections and disconnect:

Plz stop with the damn whining, if you stand in line at the store and you leave to get more groceries and it takes time for you to come back, the people behind you wont stand there and wait.. the show must go on and so must the Queue.. so QQ and get back in line..

Have a good queuetime.. ive been waiting since 14:30 and seriously.. i have gotten so many things done IRL while waiting, i visited my brother, i did the dishes, i cooked dinner for me and my GF, and right now im about nr 235 in Queue.. so now im going to sit in the couch with my GF and watch a movie untill i get in

Merry Christmas to all!
Congratulations, I nominate your post for dumbest post of the day.

Kommandoran
12.18.2011 , 12:56 PM | #44
Will there be any new EU English RP and RP-PVP servers added? I think it is needed, RP-PVP is only one as it is now, and full most of the time.

Motovilov
12.18.2011 , 12:57 PM | #45
Unreasonably long queues... I don't have a lot of time to spend in the game and I have to wait 40 minutes to an hour in queue before I can play. When I got into the headstart, I joined a low population server and not a full one but it became full in less than 2 days. Why don't you stop new people from creating characters when a server has reached its population limit? Or - if that doesn't work for you - give us an option to freely migrate any character above level 10 anywhere once a week until this situation settles down. It's ridiculous that I can't play a game I paid for because I'm a casual player who cannot spend an hour waiting in queue.
Sit vis vobiscum.

Cavkov
12.18.2011 , 12:57 PM | #46
Im on "Tomb of Freedon Nadd" and There is like 2200people in Que all the tine.
I understand that it is launch week and tons of people playing. BUT to be forced to wait atleast 3hours most of the day is really annoying...
I have some friends and my guild on this server so I am stuck...

I really hope you fix this Bioware.. You have my trust!

Kerbis
12.18.2011 , 12:57 PM | #47
Truly disgraceful, this really does seem to be the result of pushing swtor to the shops at christmas to swell the corporate pockets before the infrastructure was completed to meet capacity planning ?

Now on my 3rd server with yet another alt and guess what, 600 people queuing in front of me with over an hour wait.

Gambor
12.18.2011 , 12:57 PM | #48
i had a 5 H server queue now im online but its time for work today play time 10mins

i want a server transfer well evryone in my guild wants it

Thirtyseconds
12.18.2011 , 12:58 PM | #49
I love the queue, no lie. I get up sign in start queue, go workout, take a shower, eat lunch and take care of things around the house. Then I come back and boom I am signed in ready to go. In short I like them because they keep me motivated to do real things and not waste all my time on this ****.
"I still remember the sunlight on your face that warm November day
And I still remember, my heartbeat quickened by desire, unaware of prices I would pay
I still remember the closing door the night we said goodbye, and I still
Remember losing you for good and knowing that a part of me had died." - Redemption

Kodokai
12.18.2011 , 12:58 PM | #50
Ive been trying to log into Basilisk Droid eu-pvp since GMT 14:30, its now 18:52. Ive had 3 code 1002 errors which kicks me out of the queue for no reason & sticks me back into a 1100 player queue.

Whats up Bioware? Struggling with largest player base over here we cant even get guild transfers?

Scarecrow
Basilisk Droid