Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Regarding server queues

Dasffion
12.18.2011 , 10:20 PM | #1001
Quote: Originally Posted by Celairnaur View Post
are you trolling?

BioWare invited the people in the game right now they know exactly how many people would be trying to use the game during early access. Are you seriously suggesting that they have no more servers to bring on line on the 20th, when they can no longer control the population?

You attempted to sound wise but came across a fool. And just so you know you CAN actually go to a store and order a server. You can actually buy the parts and quickly assemble them yourself IF you are trained and are you suggesting that they have NO trained personel at their server farms?
They know exactly how many people are trying to use the game during early access but they don't know which server each one of those people are going to log on to.

Knoxpwns
12.18.2011 , 10:21 PM | #1002
Quote: Originally Posted by Celairnaur View Post
are you trolling?

BioWare invited the people in the game right now they know exactly how many people would be trying to use the game during early access. Are you seriously suggesting that they have no more servers to bring on line on the 20th, when they can no longer control the population?

You attempted to sound wise but came across a fool. And just so you know you CAN actually go to a store and order a server. You can actually buy the parts and quickly assemble them yourself IF you are trained and are you suggesting that they have NO trained personel at their server farms?

I'm not suggesting its not a possible option, I am suggesting that its a weekend and good luck getting them to FIX IT RIGHT NOW OR I'LL CANCEL
Through the highs and the lows, you were always there for us. We will never forget what you taught us, and the times we shared together in beta. Forever in our hearts, Orange Pixel.
. 7/9/2010 - 11/27/2011

Kaicee
12.18.2011 , 10:22 PM | #1003
Quote: Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
They know exactly how many people are trying to use the game during early access but they don't know which server each one of those people are going to log on to.
Actually they even have a fair idea to that thanks to Guild assignments

jrakosik
12.18.2011 , 10:22 PM | #1004
Quote: Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post

That argument would work if only a few servers had this issue, not the vast majority (80%+).

Atlaz
12.18.2011 , 10:22 PM | #1005
waited in 800+ only to drop when in the last 20, now back to 1000. Can we beef up the high populated servers please?

Xadah
12.18.2011 , 10:23 PM | #1006
I didn't even get a chance to play today, I waited about an hour and thirty minutes in queue, choose my character, and halfway through the loading screen, the game just closes itself for no real reason. Reopen, back of the line, the queue is roughly 20%-30% larger. I hope the queues get fixed, I would like to play the game and see if it's worth it, and not make a decision because of issues that really aren't the games fault.

Dasffion
12.18.2011 , 10:24 PM | #1007
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaicee View Post
Actually they even have a fair idea to that thanks to Guild assignments
There are probably just as many people that aren't in a guild as are in. I know on my server I see plenty of unguilded people running around. This is probably a large part of the problem though. You have a large guild on a server add a good server name and you get long queues.

Knoxpwns
12.18.2011 , 10:24 PM | #1008
Quote: Originally Posted by Sannnas View Post
lol Stop being such a Fanboi, seriously if your gonna troll someone at least add some common sense to it did you buy BF3 on pre-release? Did you not find a server you could play on?
Did you buy the latest version of CoD and not find a server you could play on?
No of course not because the game player numbers were considered and servers were made available.
Those games were all new sure there were bugs, sure there were issues but none of them prevented people from playing what they had bought. This IS preventing people playing what they have bought. They have spent real money to play it and they cannot, If you went to a restaurant and ordered a meal after sitting there for 2 hours your meal hadnt arrived would you still pay for it? I dont think so, this is the same way many are feeling here because they havent got 2 hours to waste looking at a counter slowly dropping away, they may only have 2 hours a day to play.
Wake up they all cant be like you and be able to sit in front of their PC 14 hours a day :P

On the contrary, its easier for me to do this NOT sitting in front of my PC 14 hours a day. While you stare at your counter, screaming at it to go faster because you can't possibly wait another second due to the fact you have 0 patience, I choose to just do other **** and check back on it now and then. its not the end of the world.
Through the highs and the lows, you were always there for us. We will never forget what you taught us, and the times we shared together in beta. Forever in our hearts, Orange Pixel.
. 7/9/2010 - 11/27/2011

Dasffion
12.18.2011 , 10:24 PM | #1009
Quote: Originally Posted by jrakosik View Post
That argument would work if only a few servers had this issue, not the vast majority (80%+).
The vast majority have queues, the vast majority don't have 2+ hour queues.

kbeez
12.18.2011 , 10:25 PM | #1010
Easy solution to the BS queues that kept me from playing all weekend followed by 1003 errors when I'd get 90% into my queue wait, forcing me to re-queue:

Go to Origin Help and...
"Hi I need to change the CC you're going to auto charge when the game launches, do I have to cancel my pre-order?"
Yes.
"Cool, can you do that so I can re-order" (lol no thanks just want my money back and not to have to pay for something I'm not actually receiving)
Sure, let me cancel that - and done.

There you go guys. Your solution. Back to Skyrim or something other than staring at my queue time. Maybe I'll play a couple months down the road when this gets sorted in better fashion (and **** about the qq and zomg it's an mmo launch crap, I don't care). Until then get your mmo on with any one of the other games that this clones aside from the star wars paint job and settings. We all knew what this was and they've even admitted. I just wish that given the company and the ip they were dealing with things could have gone down a little more gracefully.