Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Group Finder Etiquette

JRastenn
06.10.2012 , 12:53 PM | #11
If someone declines the group finder invite, the people who accepted it get put into the front of the line, not the back. It tells you exactly that when it happens. If it takes longer than a minute or two for the next invite to pop up, it's probably because there's no one of the needed role queued up.

Malles
06.10.2012 , 01:34 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by JRastenn View Post
If someone declines the group finder invite, the people who accepted it get put into the front of the line, not the back. It tells you exactly that when it happens. If it takes longer than a minute or two for the next invite to pop up, it's probably because there's no one of the needed role queued up.
I'll edit that in later. Thanks!
I used simple happy language words to help you understand.
Why yes, I have been a proud SWTOR Community member since August 2011. Why, wanna fight about it?

Aurojiin
06.10.2012 , 01:42 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Malles View Post
2. Don't DPS. As a healer, your heals use less resource than your attacks. You're not helping trying to boost the party's DPS. If anything, you'll just be an extra-fancy DoT. Just sit back, heal, and be patient.
I have to disagree here. When no one needs healing, and your resources permit, you may as well DPS and speed up the run. This just boils down to applying a little common sense.

Plus, DPSing that weak that no one's bothered about usually beats healing through the damage it's causing you for an entire pull.

kloma
06.10.2012 , 02:50 PM | #14
dont be a tool and bring a parser to a PUG.

AshlaBoga
06.10.2012 , 02:59 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurojiin View Post
I have to disagree here. When no one needs healing, and your resources permit, you may as well DPS and speed up the run. This just boils down to applying a little common sense.

Plus, DPSing that weak that no one's bothered about usually beats healing through the damage it's causing you for an entire pull.
I don't know how true this is for other classes, but for Sorcs the healing tree (corruption) has an AoE dps and heal talent. So when we're fighting trash in Nightmare EV and KP I generally use my Force Storm if no one is in need of heals.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

FlyinSpaghetti
06.10.2012 , 03:11 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Aetou View Post
Overall a good, albeit quite basic, guide. There is just one bit that I'll disagree with.

Battlemaster gear is better than Tionese gear and much better than the even worse PVE gear you get from running dailies. War Hero gear is roughly on a par with Columi. Augmented War Hero gear is definitely better than unaugmented Columi. Battlemaster gear is also more than sufficient to run any HM with the possible exception of Lost Island (I've taken BM geared players to LI before but the rest of the group were overgeared to compensate.) While if somebody signed up for HM FPs in just recruit gear I'd be frustrated anything above that should be more than sufficient especially if the secondary stats have been optimised. The idea of having people in BM gear swap to level 50/51 daily mods as an improvement is quite absurd.
War hero stock gear is actually better than stock columi, BM gear augmented is around the same as stock columi give or take a few stats, and actually has a higher armor rating.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

Lymain
06.10.2012 , 03:20 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurojiin View Post

Yeah, healers DPSing is a lot better than sitting around overhealing or watching. And unless your tank is really, really rushing, you'll probably have time to rest before a boss fight to replenish your resource pool if needed.

Vankris
06.10.2012 , 08:44 PM | #18
no offense but when i see that people expect all tank to

- be geared
- learn encounter before hand

while somehow not required for heal or dps and, moreover, you just ask dps to
- shut up

you're putting putting so much pressure on tanks, no wonder those are hard to find, it's a player like you and me, the tank is not a superman, he is as faillible as dps and heal can be. the success of the group depend on their ability to work well and to work together.

don't expect someone to do evrething for you, just because he is a tank, mark target, explain strat, lead encounter. he might , but he is not required to.
Shadow | Kinetic Combat

Kakachan
06.10.2012 , 09:11 PM | #19
Sorry but most of things you mentioned has nothing to do with Group Finder, you mentioned mostly how a mmo player should act, or shouldnt. I think you get mad at someone and decided to write this

DarkDisturbed
06.11.2012 , 12:22 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by FlyinSpaghetti View Post
War hero stock gear is actually better than stock columi, BM gear augmented is around the same as stock columi give or take a few stats, and actually has a higher armor rating.
This.

Just because it has expertise on it doesn't mean something without expertise is better. I'd much rather have a full war hero player than a full daily armoring player in my group anyday.