nerf force storm plz! Aka Force storm vs Sweeping Blasters

IceslayerMys

nerf force storm plz!

its really unfair. im comparing force storm sorc skill vs sweeping blasters merc skill

they are both channeled

they do pretty much the same damage and force storm has some stuns while sweeping blasters

has some knockdown. so they are pretty good to compare

now the thing is, sweeping blasters costs A LOT of heat

while force storm doesnt cost a lot of force at all and the force is pretty much regenned while you are channeling

you cant sit and spam sweeping blasters at all, or youre gonna rack up way too much heat

while the sorcs can sit and spam all the want

its UNFAIR

youre gonna have to NERF force storm

btw im talking PVE here, not PVP. not interested in PVP at all

thanks for listening to my feedback! feel free to comment

Force Storm is channeled 6 seconds without alacrity, in those 6 seconds you reg. 48 Force, FS costs 100 force(which is 20% - or if you put two points into it to get 600 Force 16,6%)

Sweeping Blasters is channeled over 3 seconds and costs 33 heat which is a third of your heat.

I don't really see an issue here.

Sweeping blasters is a joke AOE, you should not use it, its supposed to suck. It has no cooldown, but a tiny area and a low damage compared to the other AOE like Death from Above(what you should be using instead of Sweeping Blasters) and Flame Thrower

While the OP's whining about force storm is unjustified, sweeping blasters really is truly terrible. The ONLY time it's worth it is if there are exactly 3 mobs, no more no less, you will hit all 3 for the entire channel, and you have to be at full energy and your grenade is on CD. It's entirely too expensive for its damage. The optimum aoe roation (outside of orbital strike which is once a min or talented to 45 sec) is actually just chucking a grenade when you can and doing single target attacks the rest of the time. Sweeping blasters is not involved at all. Edited by durvas

Don't we all get some crappy aoe abilities? I don't really use Force Storm that much since I'm heal spec, so my main aoes are Revivication and the aoe knockback. But i have another aoe that sucks, so I don't use it. I know that my husband, who plays an assasin, has an aoe abillity that he doesn't really use much either. Like the others said, Force Storm doesn't need to be nerfed (perhaps all of our crappy aoes could use a boost though), you just need to use better aoes. I don't know why any BH would use anything but Death From Above and Flamethrower anyways, they just look so cool :p

While the OP's whining about force storm is unjustified, sweeping blasters really is truly terrible. The ONLY time it's worth it is if there are exactly 3 mobs, no more no less, you will hit all 3 for the entire channel, and you have to be at full energy and your grenade is on CD. It's entirely too expensive for its damage. The optimum aoe roation (outside of orbital strike which is once a min or talented to 45 sec) is actually just chucking a grenade when you can and doing single target attacks the rest of the time. Sweeping blasters is not involved at all.

Sweeping Blasters is a BH-ability.

• 3 weeks later...
it's good for leveling when better moves are on cooldown or you come across a pack of very-weaks but that's about it.

Force Storm?

My Force Storm ticks for almost 900 per second and if I use it on a pack of Trandoshans on Kephess I get the Lightning Storm-proc pretty much instantly.

On those adds my instant Chain Lightning crits for 4,5k =)

• 3 weeks later...
you crying about force storm but not orbital strike?

Why are you using sweeping blasters anyway?

Your aoe priority should be death from above > flamethrower > explosive dart > fusion missile > sweeping blasters

exactly!