Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kioma
08.24.2012 , 04:54 PM | #981
Quote: Originally Posted by Tuscad View Post
I don't think my view is unecssarily pessimistic, pessimistic yes, uneccessary no. Alot of features that this game had got me excited for has been removed or scrapped at every turn, what is to stop that from happening to another feature that I am looking forward to? Anyway I hope I am wrong, I really do.
I wish I could say this view actually IS unnecessarily pessimistic. It worries me that I can't honestly do so. I just don't know if it is or not; we don't have enough to go by at this stage.

But I'm largely optimistic in my outlook so I think the evidence (that BW:A has never once outright stated it's not going to be included) is reason enough to hold onto hope.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

Uluain
08.24.2012 , 04:59 PM | #982
We're coming up on one year since the September Announcement C&Ped in post #3 of this thread. I think some kind of status update would be a thoughtful anniversary gift, and have suggested as much to the lead writer. It may not actually be his call, however, as writers typically work under non-disclosure agreements. That said, I'd imagine there is someone who can okay the release of some information and hope the request would be brought to their attention.

We don't know, and can only suppose at this state. At the moment, I lean toward optimism, but I can see where doubts arise and would like to see those allayed as much as anyone else.

Chaac
08.24.2012 , 07:04 PM | #983
Quote: Originally Posted by Kioma View Post
I wish I could say this view actually IS unnecessarily pessimistic. It worries me that I can't honestly do so. I just don't know if it is or not; we don't have enough to go by at this stage.

But I'm largely optimistic in my outlook so I think the evidence (that BW:A has never once outright stated it's not going to be included) is reason enough to hold onto hope.
Ah don't forget that they did originally say it wasn't going to be included. Took some weeks for them to reverse their statement :/

I'm trying to remain optimistic but the nearer and nearer we get to the end of the year and the more we hear of lack of upcoming story and other features being ditched, the harder it becomes.
Wedge: "I don't like this notion of dovin basal mines that pursue you."
Han: "Me, either. I'm going to draft a strongly worded letter to the Yuuzhan Vong high commander and insist he stop using them."

Kioma
08.24.2012 , 07:14 PM | #984
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaac View Post
Ah don't forget that they did originally say it wasn't going to be included. Took some weeks for them to reverse their statement :/
Really? I've never heard that, only that it wouldn't be included at launch.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

Chaac
08.24.2012 , 07:31 PM | #985
Here's a link to it. It was back around August last year. The SGRA thread of those days was on it's 30thish incarnation and it literally exploded after the announcement spanning another 6/7 threads in about a week or two then we eventually got the September announcement that they would be in.

Edit - Just checked the vid link and it's not there anymore, I'll try and find another link to it.

Edit 2 - The actual videos featuring the interview with Corey Butler where he stated it wouldn't be happening all seem to have been taken down after the Sept announcement that they would but here's another link to a site where they briefly mention it.
Han: "Me, either. I'm going to draft a strongly worded letter to the Yuuzhan Vong high commander and insist he stop using them."

losdia
08.24.2012 , 07:42 PM | #986
Quote: Originally Posted by Kioma View Post
Really? I've never heard that, only that it wouldn't be included at launch.
It was more of the Dev team being moronic about public statements. The original statement about SGR would take some serious effort to track down since it was on the per-launch forums, but originally they said something like "due to the time constants on our goal of getting the game to players by the end of the year we had to drop a lot of things we wanted to include, like SGR." It took about two weeks to get them to clarify that they weren't permanently dropping it.
"Say, Mike... Did we just do something horribly wrong?"
"Yeah, I think so."
-MST3K, Invasion USA

Uluain
08.24.2012 , 07:43 PM | #987
Quote: Originally Posted by losdia View Post
It was more of the Dev team being moronic about public statements. The original statement about SGR would take some serious effort to track down since it was on the per-launch forums, but originally they said something like "due to the time constants on our goal of getting the game to players by the end of the year we had to drop a lot of things we wanted to include, like SGR." It took about two weeks to get them to clarify that they weren't permanently dropping it.
Interesting. Perhaps how that exploded last year explains their kid-gloves and ice-tongs approach to handling it at present.

And 1,000 posts. Again.

Chaac
08.24.2012 , 07:44 PM | #988
The actual original statement came in Corey Butler's interview with someone I can't remember. He was asked will SW:Tor feature same-sex romances and quickly replied with just a "No" before changing the subject. I've looked around for the video but its been taken down from everywhere.

losdia
08.24.2012 , 07:44 PM | #989
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
And 1,000 posts. Again.
Nuh-Uh! I got lucky number 1,000!
"Say, Mike... Did we just do something horribly wrong?"
"Yeah, I think so."
-MST3K, Invasion USA

Uluain
08.24.2012 , 07:45 PM | #990
Nuh-Uh! I got lucky number 1,000!
Yeah - I was just marking our having passed the watershed post.

And grats!