Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

wainot-keel
08.21.2012 , 11:46 AM | #901
Quote: Originally Posted by Kioma View Post
One of the things that confuses me the most about vehement, vitriolic and venomous detractors of this matter, to be quite honest, is that they don't seem to comprehend that we're all in the same boat. We all have the same main problem of not getting enough information out of the developers.

// snip

Statements like 'work on things everyone will enjoy' are totally erroneous. I won't enjoy any PvP-related feature they put in because I don't PvP and I greatly dislike even the chance of accidentally flagging by wandering too close to an enemy medical outpost (like I did on Hoth). But I still support the calls for more info on, and more implementation of, PvP options because I feel they deserve an answer, and because I want people to have things in this game that they'll enjoy even if I won't. And I find it disheartening that so very often doesn't work in reverse.
Quite frankly, when people throw the "everyone/majority" argument here I don't think it's an honest objection.
How often do you see PvPers going to the crafting forum saying "stop asking for more end game schematics because not everybody enjoys crafting" ? How often do hardcore raiders go to threads were people ask for more customization options for their toons and dismiss them because "not everybody cares about looks and raids are more important" ?

But, for some reason, when it comes to same gender romances, oh, what the majority allegedly wants and plays becomes relevant. That's BS
Sadly, I don't think there's a "same boat" for s/s romance.

Uluain
08.21.2012 , 11:51 AM | #902
Quote: Originally Posted by Wispr View Post
For what it's worth best of luck!
It was worth a shot.

From the bizarre and oblique way in which we are receiving information from the community team (and piecing things together, we are receiving it), it appears that there is some overriding directive in regards to same-gender content which prevents a direct reply to that subject on the forums in such a manner that causes it to appear on the Developer Tracker.

I've asked about this. That question has been sidestepped - curiously - by a reply which instead addressed inquiries as to the status of same-gender content. So if there is such a directive, it would seem to include a coda preventing the team from discussing the directive.

Weirdly cloak-and-dagger, but given the way things are handled it is the only theory I can put forward that makes any sense of what we are seeing. To their credit, it seems that the community team is doing their best to get the message through while observing the restrictions that I infer have been imposed. I do not get the impression that they like this any more than we do.

Or maybe they just like messing with our heads. Who knows?

I want to close on the encouraging note that we have not been told that our last available update on the status of this content is no longer valid. Also, the fact that this thread continues to exist might well be an indication that same-gender content has not been abandoned as we are being encouraged to continue to discuss it. That is good news, however indirect it may be.

Beans_of_steel
08.21.2012 , 12:20 PM | #903
Quote: Originally Posted by Kioma View Post
Statements like 'work on things everyone will enjoy' are totally erroneous. I won't enjoy any PvP-related feature they put in because I don't PvP and I greatly dislike even the chance of accidentally flagging by wandering too close to an enemy medical outpost (like I did on Hoth). But I still support the calls for more info on, and more implementation of, PvP options because I feel they deserve an answer, and because I want people to have things in this game that they'll enjoy even if I won't. And I find it disheartening that so very often doesn't work in reverse.

I think we should be working together on this, right across the board.
Agreed, I always said the coolest thing about star wars is the large variety of personalities who love it just as much as i do, and the amazingly huge range of reasons why, it is pretty fascinating. Whose to say one persons issue is less important than anothers, tho i say i think this is more important than me getting to play a wookiee, until last nite, i had no idea that same gender reltionships werent in the game yet, cuz i remember way back when they said it, just assumed they did it for companions i hadnt met or used much yet ,lol I'm so thick.

losdia
08.21.2012 , 02:27 PM | #904
I have to ask, why do people think F2P is going to mean less money for EA and less content for players? Have you guys, like, never played a "Freemium" game before? Those things are expensive! My current main game is Mechwarrior Online, which is freemium (it is also awesome ), I've been playing it around two weeks now and I think I've blow something like $250 on it. That's pretty average for an F2P game. At some point companies figured out that gamers found a subscription fee of more than about $15 a month excessive, but that they'd happily blow huge amounts of money on "premium" content. If it didn't work as a model the entire gaming industry wouldn't be using it.
"Say, Mike... Did we just do something horribly wrong?"
"Yeah, I think so."
-MST3K, Invasion USA

Kioma
08.21.2012 , 02:33 PM | #905
Quote: Originally Posted by losdia View Post
I have to ask, why do people think F2P is going to mean less money for EA and less content for players?
I've seen arguments for it before but they've never convinced me. LotRO seemed to improve its content release schedule when it went F2P. I suppose it can be done well or terribly, and BW:A/EA so far isn't giving people much confidence regarding its judgement, but I'm actually rather looking forward to F2P.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

Tatile
08.21.2012 , 03:24 PM | #906
Just putting this here as I still can't believe I got a reply.

Ok, promise to stop posting here now. Sorry.

iamthehoyden
08.21.2012 , 03:31 PM | #907
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post

Yay! You got a response! I'm trying not to read too far into things, but it does say "what kind of features" are going to be implemented. That definitely implies that features are going in.

I need to stop posting today, I really do, the lack of communication just set me off today. It's good to see a response.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Uluain
08.21.2012 , 04:02 PM | #908
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post

I received a reply by PM, too:

Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman
Hi Uluain! Thanks for writing with your question, and thanks to you and the many of the others in the SGRA thread for being constructive and always reporting instead of engaging people who want to tear you down.

I know you're all really eager to get some news about SGR in the game, and I'm sorry to disappoint you by saying that I don't have any updates right now (also sorry for the slow PM response - I get quite a few and they can stack up fast!).

As soon as we have any new word, we'll let you know. We're definitely aware that you've all been very patient and would really just like to know more about our plans for SGR. Sorry again that I don't have any more news
Nice of her to reply but why has she not done so here, in the one thread where we are always encouraged to continue the discussion? If they want us to use this thread, why do replies only ever happen elsewhere?

translucentwolf
08.21.2012 , 04:16 PM | #909
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
Nice of her to reply but why has she not done so here, in the one thread where we are always encouraged to continue the discussion? If they want us to use this thread, why do replies only ever happen elsewhere?
Plausible Deniability
That which does not kill you merely postpones the inevitable.

Beans_of_steel
08.21.2012 , 04:17 PM | #910
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post

Thats a good question, the only thing that comes to mind is maybe there worried discussing it publicly could stir up controversy. Perhaps they intend to just slip it into an update and hope peoples excitement about other new stuff makes it easier for them to ignore the more controversial. I really am just guessin here tho.