Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Uluain
08.13.2012 , 04:27 PM | #761
Quote: Originally Posted by Tuscad View Post
I think they aren't going to impliment this and are just keeping quiet about it in the hopes of retaining the subs of the people that are holding out for this feature.
I think they are trying to duck further controversy and contention among the surviving fanbase. It is a hot button issue. I think they are wrong not to say anything. Actually, I think they've screwed the pooch in all kinds of ways. Last time I explained how in detail, however, it got taken down.

Tenebram
08.13.2012 , 05:16 PM | #762
Giving general discussion one last try, this time asking why they instantly lock any thread we start without ever giving us any incentive to only post here.. we will see how many minutes it stays open

Tatile
08.13.2012 , 05:17 PM | #763
Rats and arses :|

I see a lock in-coming in the next ten, maybe? I think the Bioware employees are up and about at the moment.

MusedMoose
08.13.2012 , 05:25 PM | #764
Just a quick bit before I disappear for a while again; the overwhelming negativity on the SW:TOR boards these days gives me a stomachache.

Looking through the dev tracker, I found two possibly positive bits. First, they said there will be new content in the game before November. Obviously, they didn't say exactly what; they only mentioned the upcoming event. But it's the first we've heard of anything coming up, as far as I know, so it's something.

Second, several people asked about various things BioWare has talked about before - the space project and neutral gear - to see if they were still in development. BW's response on both items was 'yes'. Now, I know some people are going to misinterpret the lack of BW response about SGRs to mean they've been dropped. I wish to remind people that these dev posts are proof that, just because something hasn't been mentioned for a while, doesn't mean it's been dropped.

I can't speak for BW, obviously, and I'm as upset about the lack of news and the thread-closing as the rest of you. But I'd like to remind y'all again that speculation means nothing, and until we have BW's word on the fate of SGRs, nothing is proven. Another post on the dev tracker says we should start seeing improvements in the info we get by Friday. I don't know if this means this coming Friday, or if it was supposed to mean the dev post I linked to a while back, which was posted on a Friday. I'm willing to wait and see.

That's all from me. Keep Calm and Carry On. -_-

Tenebram
08.13.2012 , 06:35 PM | #765
And the thread is closed.... made it a whole hour... and what do you know.. the exact same message "we already have a thread regarding this topic so go there"

Tatile
08.13.2012 , 06:37 PM | #766
Yeah, I reported that post for directing people to a defunct thread. Wonder if they'll get the message? Probably not.

Gwena
08.13.2012 , 06:56 PM | #767
Just popping in to add my voice of support. I would very much like to get an update on this as well!

Story is my favorite aspect of the game, and I see romance as an important part of the story for my characters (well, if they are so inclined that is, lol). And though I myself am straight, that does not mean I want to play every one of my characters as straight!

The lack of information is getting frustrating, to be honest. I would like to do a SGRA for a couple of my characters, and one has already reached the "progress past here and you may lock yourself out of and/or miss romance with an existing companion" stage so I have shelved that one for now. And even if I didn't have to reroll to experience the romance later, I want the romance to unfold as my character's story progresses as I consider it a part of the story (albeit an optional one).

So it would be reeaallly nice to get some clue about how they will be implemented. For example, will it be a new companion that can be picked up via "side" class quest anytime after level 10? Or after Act II? Or will it be an existing companion? Even a simple, "yes, we're working on it still and it is coming out by the end of the year as we previously said" would go a long way.
Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

Uluain
08.13.2012 , 07:08 PM | #768
Quote: Originally Posted by MusedMoose View Post
Just a quick bit before I disappear for a while again; the overwhelming negativity on the SW:TOR boards these days gives me a stomachache.

Looking through the dev tracker, I found two possibly positive bits. First, they said there will be new content in the game before November. Obviously, they didn't say exactly what; they only mentioned the upcoming event. But it's the first we've heard of anything coming up, as far as I know, so it's something.

Second, several people asked about various things BioWare has talked about before - the space project and neutral gear - to see if they were still in development. BW's response on both items was 'yes'. Now, I know some people are going to misinterpret the lack of BW response about SGRs to mean they've been dropped. I wish to remind people that these dev posts are proof that, just because something hasn't been mentioned for a while, doesn't mean it's been dropped.
All quite true. One likely interpretation of the silence is that what we have heard already is still the case, with no new information available.

However, they have had the courtesy of giving a "yep, still true, nope, no more info" on any number of topics. I do not feel it would kill them to give us one. More, I would prefer a "I talked to Story Developer X about this, and she said Y, but Z and we'll let you know when there's more to tell you." They have been giving those out like party favors.

It's just taking their sweet time to hand them out to the back of the bus.

Tuscad
08.13.2012 , 07:10 PM | #769
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Yeah, I reported that post for directing people to a defunct thread. Wonder if they'll get the message? Probably not.
I wonder what happens when Community Support gets reported? LOL, that is a funny thought.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

Nightsong
08.13.2012 , 07:21 PM | #770
I never knew this thread was over here, as I don't tend to frequent story and lore. Any reason why this isn't in general along with character slots and space?

I mentioned this in general chat the other day, and was surprised by how many people are eagerly waiting for this. They said this year, and I'm holding onto that promise, so much so I haven't made characters I want to have romances on yet, and who knows, I might re-roll if that's what it takes. After all, I'm here for the story, not the endgame.
PEACE IS A LIE, BUT SO IS PASSION
Proud member of the Grey Jedi