Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Raiellyn
08.10.2012 , 09:09 AM | #691
EDIT: Well, that was fast. Good work mods!
"It's a bad day for heroes."

CommunitySupport
08.10.2012 , 09:10 AM | #692
Everyone, we have had to remove many posts from this thread (again!). The forums are not the place to discuss social or political issues, and this thread is not the place to discuss whether or not you'd like to see this feature added to the game. This thread's purpose is to ask for more clarifications and discuss the feature, and disruptive posts will be removed without warning.

Wispr
08.10.2012 , 09:20 AM | #693
Thank you Mods! <Hugs Mods>

Seriously I feel that I'm lucky not to have to many maxed level characters, on the off chance you need to start all over again for SGRA. Plus leaving some classes unplayed will give me the chance to experience both a whole new storyline and SGRA at the same time.

stuffystuffs
08.10.2012 , 09:37 AM | #694
Quote: Originally Posted by Wispr View Post
Seriously I feel that I'm lucky not to have to many maxed level characters, on the off chance you need to start all over again for SGRA.
Yeah, you are XD

I'm very unlucky in that regard as all my toons will be leveled by then.

Kioma
08.10.2012 , 10:44 AM | #695
Quote: Originally Posted by Wispr View Post
Thank you Mods! <Hugs Mods>

Seriously I feel that I'm lucky not to have to many maxed level characters, on the off chance you need to start all over again for SGRA. Plus leaving some classes unplayed will give me the chance to experience both a whole new storyline and SGRA at the same time.
I've got one character at max (a Miraluka Jedi Sentinel). I'm hoping to have a Sith Pureblood Sith Warrior and a Twi'lek Jedi Sage at max before long. I'm suspending judgement as to who's lucky and who's not until after SGRAs are in; if I have a bunch more character options for making new SGRA-capable characters then I'm not going to be too upset. :P Miraluka Agent, maybe? Sith Pureblood Trooper?
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

Tatile
08.10.2012 , 12:24 PM | #696
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
Not entirely true. They have said that same-gender content will be implemented with other new story content, this year. That is a large ballpark, and it's only recent in terms of how long after the prior announcement our Guild Summit news came.
The intent might have been this, but unless they make it some sort of wonderful Christmas present, I'm starting to fear it will be side-lined in favour of F2P Fluff. I'm not saying it will be, but I am saying it's something that worries me. I realise that this means that people are going to want to reassure me and say that Bioware's said this and Bioware's said that and, while I appreciate the effort, don't bother. I know all of what Bioware has promised, but that doesn't alleviate my concerns. Like I said, I expect a monsoon and plan accordingly. I hope for sun.

Uluain
08.10.2012 , 01:04 PM | #697
I'm not trying to reassure anyone - just trying to keep in sight what the most recent information said. When I heard "this year", I stopped expecting anything sooner than December as, with everything else they were discussing, to hear that it would wait on new story content kinda told me it would be a while. There is still over 1/3 of 2012 to come, however, which leaves plenty of time for this to happen on schedule.

MusedMoose
08.10.2012 , 08:25 PM | #698
Not sure if anyone else saw it or has posted there, but there's a new thread that's a message from the community manager. He's answered several questions in it, and even though a lot of his answers boil down to asking the devs and getting that there's no new information, I thought it might be a good place to ask for more information on SGRs and remind BioWare that we're still waiting to hear from them on this.

How much it will help, I obviously don't know, but it can't hurt to make our voices heard again in a thread specifically made for talking to the people who talk to the devs. Worth a try.

Edit to add: please remember to just flag, not fight, over there too. I know we'll get the haters just by asking about SGRs, but let's not stoop to their level. I apologize to the mods here for slipping and replying to that troll this morning.

Kioma
08.11.2012 , 02:45 AM | #699
Quote: Originally Posted by MusedMoose View Post
Not sure if anyone else saw it or has posted there, but there's a new thread that's a message from the community manager. He's answered several questions in it, and even though a lot of his answers boil down to asking the devs and getting that there's no new information, I thought it might be a good place to ask for more information on SGRs and remind BioWare that we're still waiting to hear from them on this.

How much it will help, I obviously don't know, but it can't hurt to make our voices heard again in a thread specifically made for talking to the people who talk to the devs. Worth a try.

Edit to add: please remember to just flag, not fight, over there too. I know we'll get the haters just by asking about SGRs, but let's not stoop to their level. I apologize to the mods here for slipping and replying to that troll this morning.
Hmm. A hell of a lot of cynicism in that thread but I'm finding a lot to be positive about in JovethGonzales's words. It'll be interesting to see if any answers come of it.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

Tatile
08.11.2012 , 04:51 AM | #700
Quote: Originally Posted by Kioma View Post
Hmm. A hell of a lot of cynicism in that thread but I'm finding a lot to be positive about in JovethGonzales's words. It'll be interesting to see if any answers come of it.
The cynicism is largely because when we have finally started to see the Community Team (as in: holy crap, they're still alive?) all that has been given to us so far is vague, hand-waving gestures - or at least that's what it seems like. The cynicism is certainly not directed at us and I do have the feeling that some (if there are any) attacks on SGRA's as being "unwarranted, non-crucial content" (as in not Ops, Flashpoints, Warzones etc.) will be because of Bioware's inability to discuss anything with us and the frustration that creates. If Bioware gave more than just vague hand-waving responses to questions about the above, I'd like to think that people would be more relaxed to allowing the idea of non-end-game content. This is largely because with the lack of communication it gives us (or at least me) the sense that Bioware has extremely limited development resources and everyone is going to be clamouring to have the biggest portion of the development cycle, meaning they'd attack what they would consider "threats". See the PvE vs. PvP development debates - we're slightly smaller than either of those camps, so we make an easy target.