Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Thorvath
08.01.2012 , 01:50 PM | #581
It's fairly obvious that if they haven't been working on this by now then it's never gonna happen.
They'll be trimming the budget on all fronts and I guarantee VO work will be greatly reduced. I expect a lot of future quest givers will be speaking Huttese and there's no way they gonna pay for a couple dozen hours of VO for something only a portion of the playerbase will see.

Lurkz
08.01.2012 , 02:14 PM | #582
Quote: Originally Posted by Thorvath View Post
It's fairly obvious that if they haven't been working on this by now then it's never gonna happen.
They'll be trimming the budget on all fronts and I guarantee VO work will be greatly reduced. I expect a lot of future quest givers will be speaking Huttese and there's no way they gonna pay for a couple dozen hours of VO for something only a portion of the playerbase will see.
We don't know that they have or haven't been working on this. All we know is at the guild summit they said SGRAs were coming this year and that, at least at that point, some work had been done on them.
The Nightborn Legacy - Ebon Hawk - Aquillian Rangers
Captain Jaxx - Gunslinger || Caiden - Jedi Sentinel

...Holospectrum...

Tatile
08.01.2012 , 02:27 PM | #583
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
I think you forgot the implied ****, but yeah.

Edit: apparently that word that means 'forcing someone to have sex with you' is blocked.
I can't remember having come across that and I'm fairly glad I've not o.O

Also yes, words like that tend to be blocked. I found out that n*pple is also blocked, which screwed up a scene in one of my stories. Now that I remember, I'll have to go edit that.

KidRaid
08.01.2012 , 02:50 PM | #584
About F2P :

My only experience with a game going from montly suscription only to F2P with sub for complete acess is COH. In their case I was very worried when they annouced it . In the end since F2P was introduce there has been a lot more of content added then before .

So I am trying to be positive about this.
Quote: Originally Posted by Elyree View Post
Basic tenet of economics: Something is worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. Not more, not less.

chuixupu
08.01.2012 , 03:46 PM | #585
Do you have a link to this tweet by any chance?
Since it's possible it's a total hoax, I'd rather not. In fact I now regret even bringing it up. There's enough flames being fanned around here as it is. But I guess I wouldn't be surprised if they did decide to bury this discussion, and I'm starting to not get my hopes up. :/
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Baptes
08.01.2012 , 04:24 PM | #586
Quote: Originally Posted by KidRaid View Post
About F2P :

My only experience with a game going from montly suscription only to F2P with sub for complete acess is COH. In their case I was very worried when they annouced it . In the end since F2P was introduce there has been a lot more of content added then before .

So I am trying to be positive about this.
CoH, CO, DDO, LotRO, ArchLord, yeah played them all. All ended up F2P, and all have varying degrees of P2W and exclusive content. Some are worse than others, but pretty much all gate access to some parts of the game. And that's the big worry. Will they classify SGRA as "content" and put it behind a gate? Or will they not put it in at all citing reduced profits as to why they won't include it?

Seeing as its EA, I believe those concerns are justified.

Captain_Zone
08.01.2012 , 04:42 PM | #587
I don't see how they could change the rating to Everyone considering some of the content in the game already.
^This.
Like quite a bit of the Warrior, Smuggler, Agent, and even the Knight storylines, tbh. ANYWHERE they put sexually suggestive dialogue/situations, it's going to be T rated at the very least.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

Samy_Merchi
08.01.2012 , 05:11 PM | #588
I think Pay to Gay would be a PR disaster. I think it has to be one of those things they provide for free, if they ever get around to it at all.

Ohmygah
08.01.2012 , 05:17 PM | #589
Instead of paying just for gay content, the same sex romances could be part of a general companion pack.

MusedMoose
08.01.2012 , 05:37 PM | #590
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
Yeah, that's what I thought as well, but now I am certainly curious how, if at all, the new model is going to affect the future content of the game. I know they want to open the game up to as many people as possible, but I had always hoped they'd push the stories a little further rather than "play it safe". I take everything with a grain of salt, but over time I've learned to not dismiss even the silliest rumors entirely.
I, on the other hand, have no trouble dismissing utterly silly and/or illogical rumors. Thank you for presenting this as just some unidentifiable random saying something on Twitter, though. Anyone can make a Twitter account and claim to be anything they want, so I'd dismiss the claim entirely. Especially because, as others pointed out, there's a ton of content that would have to be removed or toned down to give the game an "E" rating. Doing that costs money, and they run the risk of losing players if those players view the game as being made kid-friendly. So I doubt there's any truth to the claim.
Quote: Originally Posted by Thorvath View Post
Saying "if it's not in by now it's never going to happen" is utterly illogical in an MMO. The game is made to be changed frequently. New features can be added at any time. Also, BioWare works on their own deadlines, not yours. Anything we players say about when things will, won't, or should be in is meaningless.

The rest of what you've said is nothing but speculation without anything to back it up. Doomsaying really doesn't belong in this thread. As for whether they'd work on something only a portion of the playerbase would see, every single thing in the game is something only a portion of the playerbase sees. To see everything, you'd have to play every single class and do every single mission, play through every single flashpoint and operation, do every single space mission, and PvP in every single battleground. How many players do you think actually do that? No, saying something won't go in because only a portion of the playerbase sees it makes no sense.
Quote: Originally Posted by Ohmygah View Post
Instead of paying just for gay content, the same sex romances could be part of a general companion pack.
It would amount to the same thing, though - it would mean heterosexual romances were free, while homosexual romances were a paid-for addition, regardless of whatever else came with that addition. Still gets a giant NO NO NO from me.