Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tatile
01.22.2013 , 01:22 PM | #5501
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
I was thinking ( I may be wrong though) that this "more info soon" was referring to the part of the statement that said they were planning for more SGR options in the future. My expectation would definitely be that if Makeb has only flirts, actual SGRAs would be implemented later, possibly with old/new companions, possibly with NPCs, depending on where they're going with SGRs in general. Anything less than that is not something I would be content with.
They're probably going to scrap SGRA's with companions because they're "really hard" and.... no, no that's just too bitter, even for me.

More SGR options in the future is probably just going to be throw-away [Flirt]s for a very, very long time. Particularly if they take heed of the thread in the Suggestion Box that states they need to balance PvP perfectly, finish PvE end-game for forever, add in Pazaak Racing and Bubble Chairs before they do any Story Content.

And haven't class stories been indefinitely scrapped? It's a pity that companions qualify as class content then (unless you buy them from the Cash Shop) :/

Lent_San
01.22.2013 , 01:28 PM | #5502
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
They're probably going to scrap SGRA's with companions because they're "really hard" and.... no, no that's just too bitter, even for me.
Not if we're talking about new companions. And I'm not sure they're really thinking about scrapping old ones, since they're rehauling them anywyay.

See? I'm playing good cop to your "bad" cop here.

Tatile
01.22.2013 , 01:40 PM | #5503
Not if we're talking about new companions. And I'm not sure they're really thinking about scrapping old ones, since they're rehauling them anywyay.

See? I'm playing good cop to your "bad" cop here.
More like bitter-in-need-of-chocolate cop.

They're rehauling the companions? What, when, where and who? o.O

Lent_San
01.22.2013 , 01:52 PM | #5504
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
More like bitter-in-need-of-chocolate cop.
They're rehauling the companions? What, when, where and who? o.O
Chocolato... yes, not too bad either.
Wasn't Hal Hood talking about how "rewriting stuff for some companions" was on their To-do-List? On Twitter? Like a week, ten days ago? Go read and tell me whether I got that wrong, I might have, not guaranteeing for anything here.

Gonna start watching a movie now while Corso and the gang are digging up some Underground Metal that for some reason costs tons of cash on the GTN and takes ages to get via missions. Well, I hope they have fun on their day out, at least.

PS: Poor Bowdaar is moaning whenever I send him out. I think he doesn't like it....

Tatile
01.22.2013 , 02:04 PM | #5505
Wasn't Hal Hood talking about how "rewriting stuff for some companions" was on their To-do-List? On Twitter? Like a week, ten days ago? Go read and tell me whether I got that wrong, I might have, not guaranteeing for anything here.
I know that they are apparently re-doing Smuggler jokes for Chiss Smugglers, but whether or not they're re-doing the companions, I don't know.

Would be nice if they did, but like I said, unlikely. Unless Mr. Gonzalez wants to pitch in. Which he won't. Because he doesn't like me. Because I'm mean. And bitter.

But at least I have a Toffee Crisp McFlurry!

chuixupu
01.22.2013 , 02:15 PM | #5506
Not quite, he said that reworking old dialogue that doesn't work with certain species, like a republic Chiss saying "I know I don't look Chiss, even my parents were suprised" and "there's no way a Chiss would actually betray the Empire!" But one could make assumptions that if they went through that kind of dialogue that they might also work on companions. Just a guess, can't really quote Hall on that.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

stuffystuffs
01.22.2013 , 02:35 PM | #5507
I like how there's now this huge difference between the acronyms 'SGRA' and 'SGR' and which one is used for 'flirting' and which for 'romance' as if the 'A' is super important.

I figured the 'R' would be the key there.

SGR = romance

SGF = flirting
Node guarder

Tatile
01.22.2013 , 02:39 PM | #5508
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
I like how there's now this huge difference between the acronyms 'SGRA' and 'SGR' and which one is used for 'flirting' and which for 'romance' as if the 'A' is super important.

SGR = romance

SGF = flirting
Perhaps we should suggest they use these acronyms in future, with "A" referring to those with companions?

I imagine it will only take them thirteen months to adopt the new system.

Zandilar
01.22.2013 , 03:44 PM | #5509
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post

SGR = romance

SGF = flirting
Actually SGR makes perfect sense to me as a catch all phrase for everything including flirting.

Flirting could be considered a romantic activity

The A of the SGRA acronym stands for Arcs, which would imply a story arc.
Zandilar, an Australian, IN SPAAAAAAAACCCCEEEEE!!
Too many characters, most of them Chiss.

SithKoriandr
01.22.2013 , 06:18 PM | #5510
I always took SGR to be all encompassing. Whether it be just flirts or an actual romance story arc with a storyline NPC or a NPC companion.

Not the full blown romance, but it's a start. You don't have to feel your character concept is limited. All it means is your character hasn't run into "the one" yet. Personally, I haven't seen a reason to believe BW won't either make a SGR companion or won't change up the current companions for SGR (which is what I hope for myself).

Another thing is this will allow BW to datamine just how many players take the SGR option. As this thread seems to think there's lots who want it, this will be seen, and then more likely to have BW go "It's popular, lets add to it"

It's a victory. It may not be a big victory. It may not be the victory you wanted. But it's a victory. Enjoy it for a bit, see where it goes, then come back to it.

This doesn't mean don't continue to ask, but I don't see why the doom and gloom unless you think it won't be popular for them run with.