Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kioma
01.21.2013 , 09:30 AM | #5481
Quote: Originally Posted by Revanchis View Post
I kind of expected him to immediately pop up, like you had said Beetlejuice three times.
If only that's how this worked, eh.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

stuffystuffs
01.21.2013 , 12:01 PM | #5482
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
Well, I can tell you this, and I believe this has been brought up in the thread before, but when I've seen people encounter npc romances in groups, the romance option just doesn't trigger. You can't roll to win to sleep with Darth Lachris. It won't happen.
I do recall seeing a [Flirt] with some male NPCs while leveling an Agent with a friend who was also playing a female toon. None of us took the option but it was there.

Or do you mean the options appear but nothing happens if someone selects them?
Node guarder

ganondorq
01.21.2013 , 12:15 PM | #5483
i was leveling with a friend before and he was unable to get down with lachris, so i'm thinking that npc lovin' don't work when you're grouped ;(

Tatile
01.21.2013 , 12:24 PM | #5484
Quote: Originally Posted by Kioma View Post
You've slipped this line in a couple of your posts and I wanted to address it as I think it's misconceived.
I do not know if the "romances" Mr. Gonzalez and Mr. Hickman talk about are the one-night-stands or the throw-away [Flirt]s or whether they are fully scripted, in-depth, multi-conversation romances, but I fully expect they are talking about the former, rather than the latter. I might be misunderstanding their intentions, but if they are referring to the former [Flirt]s under the header of "Same Gender Romance (Arcs)" rather than qualifying that these are only [Flirt] options, then forgive me for offering my opinion that Mr. Gonzalez (and then, by extension, Mr. Hickman) labour under the assumption that they are one in the same. I have been remiss in dressing my opinion as fact. Believe me, I'd be very happy to be proven wrong, but I am going to have to wait until "spring".

(Also, I thought I was on-topic, what with asking for a clarification of what Mr. Gonzalez was saying, but apparently not!)

chuixupu
01.21.2013 , 01:56 PM | #5485
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
What are the odds of every romanceable companion being SGR?
In this game, zero. I'm pretty sure their idea was originally to only have a few companions to be SGR compatible, and not necessarily even one for each class.

Quote:
I thought the idea was more that people wanted to dictate how their own story plays out and less on what is most likely.
Bioware has made it clear from the beginning in a lot of aspects of the game that they don't agree with that idea (i.e. not allowing any playable races that aren't near-human). I'm rather happy with the more controlled story approach, though I know that many do not care for it and I understand why. I think they could probably draw up some compromise, though.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

chuixupu
01.21.2013 , 01:59 PM | #5486
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
I do recall seeing a [Flirt] with some male NPCs while leveling an Agent with a friend who was also playing a female toon. None of us took the option but it was there.

Or do you mean the options appear but nothing happens if someone selects them?
Yeah....granted I haven't tried this with every NPC that has a snu snu option, but I know this is the case with Darth Lachris. I'll have to get in a group with the two NPCs in Nar Shadaa and see what happens there.

Oops double post.

Tatile
01.21.2013 , 02:04 PM | #5487
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
In this game, zero. I'm pretty sure their idea was originally to only have a few companions to be SGR compatible, and not necessarily even one for each class.
:<

I know this is going to sound horribly whiny and I apologise, but that's not fair.

And I know it's just a game, but the thing I like about games, particularly MMOs, is that pretty much everyone is placed on the same level; it doesn't matter what you do in real life (unless you're a mathematician*), everyone is, essentially, equal. And I think that's really important, which is why I don't like the fact that female characters have less [Flirt]s or that PvP players feel left out with their small amount of warzones (though I'm still confused about World PvP, I thought that just happened).

Ok, weird, whiny rant over.

*Because they figure out all the curves and stuff.

chuixupu
01.21.2013 , 02:22 PM | #5488
Well, it's just my observation....they could always change in whatever way they choose. I could really never see them making all companions have a SGR option (or even have every companion OGR), however, maybe some day they could allow you to make a choice which companion you want to romance in what way. Because at that point, you're playing in the vacuum of your own story arc, it's not the same as making every single companion bisexual. But that sounds incredibly complicated and expensive to program.

Kioma
01.21.2013 , 02:31 PM | #5489
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
I do not know if the "romances" Mr. Gonzalez and Mr. Hickman talk about are the one-night-stands or the throw-away [Flirt]s or whether they are fully scripted, in-depth, multi-conversation romances, but I fully expect they are talking about the former, rather than the latter. I might be misunderstanding their intentions, but if they are referring to the former [Flirt]s under the header of "Same Gender Romance (Arcs)" rather than qualifying that these are only [Flirt] options, then forgive me for offering my opinion that Mr. Gonzalez (and then, by extension, Mr. Hickman) labour under the assumption that they are one in the same. I have been remiss in dressing my opinion as fact. Believe me, I'd be very happy to be proven wrong, but I am going to have to wait until "spring".

(Also, I thought I was on-topic, what with asking for a clarification of what Mr. Gonzalez was saying, but apparently not!)
...Okay, forget I said a thing.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

Tatile
01.21.2013 , 02:34 PM | #5490
Quote: Originally Posted by Kioma View Post
...Okay, forget I said a thing.
Sorry, didn't mean to sound so snippy

It's just... I don't know, he just really got under my skin with that "I'll point you to the quotation you've already read and then dismiss your concerns as being off-topic" remark.