Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lent_San
01.16.2013 , 09:16 AM | #5321
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
I say this mostly because I don't recall the poster saying they were against SGR, thusly they didn't really show displeasure with the idea, just they thought other areas needed more attention.
Though I notice a habit of posters in this thread seeming to think (as your post comes off as) anyone who isn't OMG FOR IT is against it.
That's not what she said. She said it's silly to suggest to people to roleplay SGR in the game, as if it was something we never thought of. I think what we want is quite clear, and it's not RPing with other gamers. We want SGR comparable to OGR. It's really fairly easy to understand.

Quote: Originally Posted by Royox View Post
What is for sure is that every body is laughting at this game all over the internet and Makeb has a new name that I can't use here for not getting banned.
I'm not laughing. It's juvenile and badly researched to talk of Makeb as the 'gay planet'. It's not something I can take very seriously.

Royox
01.16.2013 , 09:30 AM | #5322
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post

I'm not laughing. It's juvenile and badly researched to talk of Makeb as the 'gay planet'. It's not something I can take very seriously.
Just Wait and see.

Lent_San
01.16.2013 , 10:17 AM | #5323
Just Wait and see.
Nope. No reason to. It's silly banter that happened with Mass Effect and Dragon Age too. I even remember reading articles about SWTOR when it first started, how it contained 'slave and S&M content' (Vette). Articles like these are sensationalist and they entertain only for a short amount of time. Then the yellow press will find another topic to waste time on.

JediMB
01.16.2013 , 11:14 AM | #5324
Good way to learn patience.

And just a note, my saying start with Quinn wasn't based on my favorite class, as that goes to BH.

The one at a time idea is based on the idea that it starts putting SGR with the original companions in, while still focusing on other content, instead of "Patch 2.1 the SGR patch, new big patch in 10 weeks!"
Well, as my argument went back when I thought proper SGR was going to be implemented with Makeb, it would make sense for them to record/script/animate companion SGR at the same time as some other content that involves the voice actors.

Such as a proper continuation of the class stories, complete with new companion dialogue. Or a more general overhaul of pre-50 content, since the lead writer has mentioned wanting to change and add a few things here and there.

Quote: Originally Posted by Edgeup View Post
I could care less if there were any romance options in the game its unnecessary any ways. Regardless of what they said the intended to do early on it shouldn't affect actual improving the game after the fact.

If you want same gender relationship RP with a friend in the game. I would imagine that would be more fulfilling then a cut scene fade to black/occasional flirt option. I would rather see money invested in real game development and not npc relationships.
Hey, guys! Let's stop bothering BioWare about a continuation of the class stories! We can just RP it all with other players instead!

And I see you resort to the cliché and completely off-mark argument that the romance is all about the fade-to-black implied sex scene, rather than it being about the journey that leads there.
The Morrowbringer Legacy The Red Eclipse (PvE) [EU]
Deep into that darkness peering, you reach out your hand and grasp what you are searching for.
Now ring the bells that sweep away the darkness; the bells that beckon tomorrow's dawn.

Lent_San
01.16.2013 , 12:32 PM | #5325
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMB View Post
Hey, guys! Let's stop bothering BioWare about a continuation of the class stories! We can just RP it all with other players instead!
And I see you resort to the cliché and completely off-mark argument that the romance is all about the fade-to-black implied sex scene, rather than it being about the journey that leads there.
Agreed. That's exactly it. I couldn't care less about the fade-to-black.
It's the journey that I'd like to see, the gifts, the conversations, that's the part I enjoy.

chuixupu
01.16.2013 , 01:28 PM | #5326
What is for sure is that every body is laughting at this game all over the internet and Makeb has a new name that I can't use here for not getting banned.
People laughing at SWTOR? Been happening since pre-launch. Big media circus about SGR? Already happened around launch when they announced it. We aren't in grade school anymore, we can handle the big mean internet.

Also, nobody did it better than Conan O'brien, a loooong time ago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzLzd1SzKEI
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

CuteRainbowDash
01.16.2013 , 02:12 PM | #5327
The only things I have to say to this is:

1. Same Gender sex also exists irl so I don't see a Problem by putting it in.
2. You only see your relationship urself, others don't see it, so it doesn't offend anyone nor anyone really sees it, its just for urself.
3. People who are all like "Oh gawd no, its disgusting" go cry somehwere else. We're living in 2013 and not and not 1755, its something which is totally normal like everything else!
4. I won't respond to any "hate" respondings.

5. sry for bad english, its not my mother language

SithKoriandr
01.16.2013 , 07:04 PM | #5328
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMB View Post
Well, as my argument went back when I thought proper SGR was going to be implemented with Makeb, it would make sense for them to record/script/animate companion SGR at the same time as some other content that involves the voice actors.

Such as a proper continuation of the class stories, complete with new companion dialogue. Or a more general overhaul of pre-50 content, since the lead writer has mentioned wanting to change and add a few things here and there.
We don't even know if our companions will have any new lines in the new content. they could be left silent or use canned responses or reuse old responses.

However, I was thinking on this, something they could possibly do instead of going back and trying to re-edit everything, is just use SGR as a continuation to the companion storylines.

Get to the end of their last known cutscene, then a new one pops up.

Companion: Hey you.

Option 1: [Companion Name] you're good to have around. (this is the nope, not interrested in you line, the no to SGR line)
Option 2: I love you [Companion Name]! I always have and I always will!
Option 3: Heeeey. How you doin'?

Option 2 and Option 3 can be the difference between how the relationship plays out. Who's the dominate one in the relationship basically.

Now, I know some are thinking "But I don't want to wait untill the later levels!" and I thought on that too. And my answer is "So?" None of the relationships really move to that part untill closer till the end, and OGR (male character)/SGR (female character) Consular's would have to wait to even get their OGR/SGR late in game anyways So it's not like it's something unfair. It's all late game as it is

SithKoriandr
01.16.2013 , 07:11 PM | #5329
Quote: Originally Posted by CuteRainbowDash View Post
The only things I have to say to this is:

1. Same Gender sex also exists irl so I don't see a Problem by putting it in.
2. You only see your relationship urself, others don't see it, so it doesn't offend anyone nor anyone really sees it, its just for urself.
3. People who are all like "Oh gawd no, its disgusting" go cry somehwere else. We're living in 2013 and not and not 1755, its something which is totally normal like everything else!
4. I won't respond to any "hate" respondings.

5. sry for bad english, its not my mother language
1) Lots of things in RL exists, so are we saying put anything done in RL into the game? Cause that's exactly what you just said.

2) True enough! You know they could put those other things that happen in RL into a cutscene only you would see as well! And it happens in RL!

3) You mean like how the SGR or nothing crowd says OGR is disgusting I can't play without SGR? Or how it's 2013 and I think people should be wise enough to make their own rational choices and not do any of the dumb things we see happening on the news all the time? Yeah. People will think what they want no matter the year. Remember, it's 2013 and there are still people afraid of clowns. Of dolls. Of serious commitment. People and their fears and/or dislikes geeez.

4) *double checks responses...nope...no hate* Yay! I should get a reply!

5) Truthfully, I didn't think it was all that bad untill you abbreviated 'sorry' for some reason.

markcymru
01.16.2013 , 07:34 PM | #5330
3) You mean like how the SGR or nothing crowd says OGR is disgusting I can't play without SGR?
SithK... I think possibly one poster made a comment that even remotely resembled this. One ! ! !

3) You mean like how the SGR or nothing crowd says OGR is disgusting I can't play without SGR?
And this -- who exactly is this crowd ?

Let's play fair, eh?
Maana Mungu aliupenda ulimwengu hivi hata akamtoa Mwana wake wa pekee, ili kila amwaminiye asipotee, bali awe na uzima wa milele