Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ganondorq's Avatar


ganondorq
01.16.2013 , 12:25 AM | #5311
honestly, i would condone a little dev abuse. just look at blizzard, they get constantly assaulted, and it gets results. they always break. if it gets results, i'm all for it.

SithKoriandr's Avatar


SithKoriandr
01.16.2013 , 12:54 AM | #5312
Quote: Originally Posted by ganondorq View Post
honestly, i would condone a little dev abuse. just look at blizzard, they get constantly assaulted, and it gets results. they always break. if it gets results, i'm all for it.
I'm under the impression they have the budget, more employees, and basically the ability to do things other MMO companies wish they could do :/

chuixupu's Avatar


chuixupu
01.16.2013 , 02:29 AM | #5313
Quote: Originally Posted by ganondorq View Post
honestly, i would condone a little dev abuse. just look at blizzard, they get constantly assaulted, and it gets results. they always break. if it gets results, i'm all for it.
Blizzard does what they want. Yes, the respond when they feel they should, but it's just the fact that gamers are constantly being such a pill to them that they think that's what pushing them to make changes but it's really not. There are times when consumers need to get angry, but being downright abusive and insulting is never going to help matters.

And "results" is in the eye of the beholder. They're pretty slow, honestly. They had some very crippling exploits going on with PVP at MOP's launch and it took them forever to fix it. There's so many basic quality of life stuff that other games have had at launch that Blizzard still hasn't picked up on, a lot of class balance/utility issues, cosmetic issues, that they have promised they'd work on, and haven't got to.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Edgeup's Avatar


Edgeup
01.16.2013 , 03:11 AM | #5314
I could care less if there were any romance options in the game its unnecessary any ways. Regardless of what they said the intended to do early on it shouldn't affect actual improving the game after the fact.

If you want same gender relationship RP with a friend in the game. I would imagine that would be more fulfilling then a cut scene fade to black/occasional flirt option. I would rather see money invested in real game development and not npc relationships.

Zandilar's Avatar


Zandilar
01.16.2013 , 06:19 AM | #5315
Quote: Originally Posted by Edgeup View Post
I could care less if there were any romance options in the game its unnecessary any ways. Regardless of what they said the intended to do early on it shouldn't affect actual improving the game after the fact.
I'm sorry, but I think you're missing a "not" in your first sentence.

When you say you could care less, it means that you care at least a little bit - so you can care less than that amount.

On the other hand, when you say you can't care less, it means that you care so little about it, that you couldn't care any less than that amount of care, which is 0.

And if that made sense to you, I'm glad. I have a feeling it's a little wordy, and my point might have got lost in all the verbage.

What I'm trying to say is, you meant to say that you "couldn't care less".

Quote:
If you want same gender relationship RP with a friend in the game. I would imagine that would be more fulfilling then a cut scene fade to black/occasional flirt option. I would rather see money invested in real game development and not npc relationships.
It's not the same. None of my RL friends play SWTOR, and my partner plays so little (that is to say, not at all any more), that I have no one to RP with. I've had some pretty bad experiences with RPing in MMOs - enough that I prefer to do my RPing in RL groups (of my friends)... I play MMOs for other reasons - in SWTOR, one of those would have been SGRs if they had been available.
Zandilar, an Australian, IN SPAAAAAAAACCCCEEEEE!!
Too many characters, most of them Chiss.

Tatile's Avatar


Tatile
01.16.2013 , 06:22 AM | #5316
Quote: Originally Posted by Edgeup View Post
If you want same gender relationship RP with a friend in the game. I would imagine that would be more fulfilling then a cut scene fade to black/occasional flirt option. I would rather see money invested in real game development and not npc relationships.
Then roleplay the OGRs with other players, pretend you have world PvP by turning the PvP flag on and going out into the world, pretend you have new end-game PvE content by making your own challenges in existing content and /sit on chairs to have useable chairs.

Really, though, if you want to express your displeasure at Bioware being progressive, there's already a thread for that. This is not that thread.

Vulkus's Avatar


Vulkus
01.16.2013 , 07:21 AM | #5317
Look who cares about all this SGR junk. BioWare needs to just include the content in an update for free instead of charging (as some reports are stating) and everyone else raising a stink, let it go. Its with a companion so who really cares?? I mean in all reality, if homosexuality has been around as long as humanity has been, did you ever expect it to not exist in the future?? People, pick your battles. Is this really worth 500+ pages of debate? Like so many have said before, if you have a problem with SGR but not with slaughtering people and looting their corpses, perhaps you should re-evaluate your thought processes. All in all, its a game and the LGBT folks are still people too. BioWare (what's left of you) you've already under enough fire over this game as is, don't create another reason to run folks away from this game. Find a happy medium and play on.

SithKoriandr's Avatar


SithKoriandr
01.16.2013 , 08:03 AM | #5318
Quote: Originally Posted by Vulkus View Post
Look who cares about all this SGR junk. BioWare needs to just include the content in an update for free instead of charging (as some reports are stating) and everyone else raising a stink, let it go. Its with a companion so who really cares?? I mean in all reality, if homosexuality has been around as long as humanity has been, did you ever expect it to not exist in the future?? People, pick your battles. Is this really worth 500+ pages of debate? Like so many have said before, if you have a problem with SGR but not with slaughtering people and looting their corpses, perhaps you should re-evaluate your thought processes. All in all, its a game and the LGBT folks are still people too. BioWare (what's left of you) you've already under enough fire over this game as is, don't create another reason to run folks away from this game. Find a happy medium and play on.
Pffft. this issue will drive away such a small percentage of a percentage of the player base, it's why it's something that didn't get put in from that start when they were running out of time and money.

From my experience in a few large guilds, most (<---see that word usage there for the ones who say "but I don't) people wouldn't mind SGR, but since they're not a possibility, they just roll the opposite gender character to the companion they want to romance.

SithKoriandr's Avatar


SithKoriandr
01.16.2013 , 08:06 AM | #5319
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Then roleplay the OGRs with other players, pretend you have world PvP by turning the PvP flag on and going out into the world, pretend you have new end-game PvE content by making your own challenges in existing content and /sit on chairs to have useable chairs.

Really, though, if you want to express your displeasure at Bioware being progressive, there's already a thread for that. This is not that thread.
Hmmm...have RPed OGR and SGR with friends. Is textfighting pretending you have world PvP flag set? Likely. RP storylines with guilds...yeah, that likely accounts for new end-game PvE content.

I say this mostly because I don't recall the poster saying they were against SGR, thusly they didn't really show displeasure with the idea, just they thought other areas needed more attention.

Though I notice a habit of posters in this thread seeming to think (as your post comes off as) anyone who isn't OMG FOR IT is against it.

Royox's Avatar


Royox
01.16.2013 , 08:24 AM | #5320
What is for sure is that every body is laughting at this game all over the internet and Makeb has a new name that I can't use here for not getting banned.