Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tatile
01.15.2013 , 02:24 PM | #5291
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
They have made statements to the media in the past.
Weren't those all before launch?

chuixupu
01.15.2013 , 02:40 PM | #5292
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Weren't those all before launch?
There have been some post launch. But not post F2P launch. With freemium comes silence, I guess.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Tatile
01.15.2013 , 03:12 PM | #5293
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
There have been some post launch. But not post F2P launch. With freemium comes silence, I guess.
Freemium must open them to more instances of criticism, but I question the wisdom of becoming silent in the face of it.

Neopan
01.15.2013 , 03:24 PM | #5294
Hi at all,

I would like to see my Chars in same gender relationships, but it is not nessecary for me.

What I would really love to see is a story about two gay or lesbien Jedi, who were not allowed to have a relationship, because they are Jedi. In the end, the player should decide, if he wants to support the relationship or not. There shouldn´t be any good or bad points for it. Just a nice romantic story, in which the player can decide freely.

So far,
may be the force with you

stuffystuffs
01.15.2013 , 03:50 PM | #5295
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Those individuals writing the articles (not at Fox, mind you) probably think they're doing us some great justice by saying "Look! Look at how Bioware treats its gays! Just look at it" with much exaggerated and self-congratulatory pointing, but in reality they're just making people hate us even more. The anti's see it as a furthering of our "social justice whaamublance" and those on the fence likely feel it to be an overbearing mole hill.
Ugh, that would be unfortunate. The articles are definitely blowing things out of proportion. They like to ignore that future content SGRA (probably with companions either old/new) is apparently in the works. While it is true that in a few months the only SGRA content in SWTOR will be on one planet (Makeb) and requires money to access, there is no indication that this is all BW has planned in that area...they seem to forget that part.

Tatile
01.15.2013 , 04:09 PM | #5296
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
Ugh, that would be unfortunate. The articles are definitely blowing things out of proportion. They like to ignore that future content SGRA (probably with companions either old/new) is apparently in the works. While it is true that in a few months the only SGRA content in SWTOR will be on one planet (Makeb) and requires money to access, there is no indication that this is all BW has planned in that area...they seem to forget that part.
No, they conveniently forget to include that tidbit of information as it does not sit with their "Bioware is anti-gay and that's bad/good (delete as applicable)" stance. I get the feeling that this string of articles is a result of going "ooh, that's new" at someone else's work and writing an article based on that, rather than doing any actual research into the subject. It explains the same overall tone and lack of information.

SithKoriandr
01.15.2013 , 06:31 PM | #5297
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
This is not the Suggestion forum though. I see you love this topic so much it's hard to let go and we appreciate you taking the time to answer to our every posts in here, instead of just making it into one post at a time, mingling different posters together, using one person's post versus another person's post as an attempt to demonstrate inconsistency in our argumentation. Well, good on you.

I'd rather stick to the original topic of discussion though, implementation and forms of implementation of SGR and communication of such, instead of debating ourselves.

As fascinating as we seem to be appearing to you, it's not the topic of this thread.
As per quoted to me by markcymru
This thread was originally about asking for clarification about when (and if possible, how) SGRs were going to be implemented. It still is, because as time goes on and SGRs don’t appear for companions, we’re going to want more clarification.

In the meantime, however, as you well know, the scope of this thread has become fuzzy, at the behest of the mods. So now it’s also a place for discussing how SGRs could be implemented (and all the myriad details that that entails). In this thread the debates are now about what to do vis-à-vis SGR-implementation. Anti-SGR players are welcome to come and debate those details if they want to. They’re not welcome to come and rail against actually implementing SGRs (and I include in that comment all the sneaky ways that that type of poster has to try to argue against SGRs). Not that anti-SGR types don’t come here anyway to speak against SGRs – but they’re clearly off-topic and rude.

Clarification was already done. Companion romances at this time is a no, as it's harder work than they thought to implement now. However Flirt options in Makeb.

So I discussed/suggested how it could be implemented. My thought, one companion at a time, see how it plays out. I'd start with Quinn myself (cause come on, he's the sexy) then see if it brings in all those who say they're quitting without it, see if it drives any players off (for those who say it would), and it allows a team to work on one part, while the other teams work on new stuff, class balance (this one I just believe to be a pipe dream ), cartel market items...ect...ect.

Your mistake is thinking I'm against SGR. What I'm against is a huge patch dedicated to revamping old content, and it would be a huge patch, because in my experience with MMOs, such patches seem to drive away rather than bring in ie: "What? Replay revamped content I've already done? Laaaaaame."

So totally pro-sgr. I think it just needs to be done in incremements. I mean really, I don't see people staying long if the only reason they play TOR is for the romance of any gender period SGR or OGR, as it's very short lived and nothing comes of it afterwards (my experience with Andy anyways...and to my knowledge how they all play out), and you don't even have to be level 50 to play it all out.

Something else they could do, is instead of going back and revamping the old companion missions, is just add on more. Once you've completed the original companion missions, more pop up inwhich now you can romance that companion you've been longing for. Might even take less work (I don't know really), as it would just be new scenes with a companion and not have to add in/fix old scenes to fit it all in.

Finish the last of Corso's current missions in the list, and then whooosh, more pop up as you've reached enough affection to start a romance! Whooot!

VelvetSanity
01.15.2013 , 07:21 PM | #5298
I agree with SithKoriandr about doing it all at once being a huge patch. And really, who wants to wait several hours for a patch to download?

So, perhaps doing it incrementally, one class at a time would be best, so long as too much time doesn't pass between adding one class and the next. Perhaps adding in the companion SGR material on a basis of one class per week until it's all in would be best? Or even just one companion per week?

It *does* need to be included going forward, but they *also* need to get it added to the existing (level 1-50) content to make it fair all around.
Pre-CU Bria refugee
www.therepopulation.com - sandbox MMO currently in alpha
classless, levelless, 3 playable factions, it even has ENTERTAINERS!
EA/BW: Thanks for the SGR update. Please tell us if timetables change again

JediMB
01.15.2013 , 07:28 PM | #5299
Quote: Originally Posted by VelvetSanity View Post
I agree with SithKoriandr about doing it all at once being a huge patch. And really, who wants to wait several hours for a patch to download?
I'd rather wait a few hours extra for all of the content to download than a few weeks or months extra because my favored class is the last one to get it. That's what I'm thinking.
The Morrowbringer Legacy The Red Eclipse (PvE) [EU]
Deep into that darkness peering, you reach out your hand and grasp what you are searching for.
Now ring the bells that sweep away the darkness; the bells that beckon tomorrow's dawn.

SithKoriandr
01.15.2013 , 08:01 PM | #5300
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMB View Post
I'd rather wait a few hours extra for all of the content to download than a few weeks or months extra because my favored class is the last one to get it. That's what I'm thinking.
Good way to learn patience.

And just a note, my saying start with Quinn wasn't based on my favorite class, as that goes to BH.

The one at a time idea is based on the idea that it starts putting SGR with the original companions in, while still focusing on other content, instead of "Patch 2.1 the SGR patch, new big patch in 10 weeks!"