Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nydus
01.08.2013 , 12:37 PM | #5131
I don't see why companions don't interact with each other.

This happened in KotOR I and 2 and is a stable of BioWare games.

I highly doubt this wasn't in their initial plan for the game. Seems a lack of resource issue (which boggles my mind considering the insane price tag attached to this game).

- Arcada
The Arcada Legacy (Ebon Hawk)
Ord'os (Lvl.55 Sorcerer), Naresa (Lvl.53 Operative), Jagrafess (Lvl.19 Marauder)
Nydus (Lvl.54 Shadow), Toclafane (Lvl.27 Guardian)

Lent_San
01.08.2013 , 12:56 PM | #5132
Wow, seriously, guys, that's a whole lot of great suggestions and I've got 140 characters to fit them all in.

No, seriously, I'm gonna try my best to drop a few suggestions here and there, maybe starting today.

I'm also digging out my old, unused tumblr, aiming to write down a few things about gaming, the female perspective, SGRs and such. It might come in handy later on.

So much stuff to do, so little time.... -.-*

zemoses
01.08.2013 , 01:00 PM | #5133
So there is way to muchb to read are they going to give u the option to pick straight / gay, or bi ?

Nydus
01.08.2013 , 01:04 PM | #5134
I have an observation for you: a white straight male is annoyed that 1/2 the armor worn by his female characters makes them look like ****s.

- Arcada
Ord'os (Lvl.55 Sorcerer), Naresa (Lvl.53 Operative), Jagrafess (Lvl.19 Marauder)

MoogleNut
01.08.2013 , 01:04 PM | #5135
Quote: Originally Posted by zemoses View Post
So there is way to muchb to read are they going to give u the option to pick straight / gay, or bi ?
The option is already there and won't change - don't pick the flirt option if you don't want to flirt, whatever the gender of the NPC.
Just the same as you don't chose the other dialogue options you have no interest in.

Lent_San
01.08.2013 , 01:06 PM | #5136
Quote: Originally Posted by Nydus View Post
I have an observation for you: a white straight male is annoyed that 1/2 the armor worn by his female characters makes them look like ****s.
- Arcada
If you were talking to me, noted.

Quote: Originally Posted by MoogleNut View Post
The option is already there and won't change - don't pick the flirt option if you don't want to flirt, whatever the gender of the NPC.
Just the same as you don't chose the other dialogue options you have no interest in.
I think he was serious.

Nydus
01.08.2013 , 01:08 PM | #5137
Quote: Originally Posted by zemoses View Post
While it would be amusing to see this added as an option during character creation, I highly suspect they are simply going to make it possible for characters to flirt with the same NPCs regardless of the gender of their character.

The dialogue they recorded for the new NPCs probably avoids references to gender. Although maybe I'm wrong and there will be direct references to orientation. If there are, it is probably a good indication of what is in the pipeline re: future movements on this front.

- Arcada

Nydus
01.08.2013 , 01:15 PM | #5138
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
I think he was serious.
I was. Seriously, some of us who play this aren't 16 (mentally and emotionally) and even if we are boring "mainstream hetero-normative types" have a more realistic appraisal of the opposite gender. And no I'm not aiming to dress my female characters as nuns either, I just don't like armour that makes these characters look ridiculous when the exact same set makes another menacing, or learned, or whatever I'm aiming if it is male.

Hard to make Jagrafess look menacing with armour that exposes half her body with butterfly wings.

- Arcada

Tatile
01.08.2013 , 01:19 PM | #5139
I was. Seriously, some of us who play this aren't 16 (mentally and emotionally) and even if we are boring "mainstream hetero-normative types" have a more realistic appraisal of the opposite gender. And no I'm not aiming to dress my female characters as nuns either, I just don't like armour that makes these characters look ridiculous when the exact same set makes another menacing, or learned, or whatever I'm aiming if it is male.

Hard to make Jagrafess look menacing with armour that exposes half her body with butterfly wings.

- Arcada
Lent was referring to the toggles chap, but I know exactly what you mean. Still, SWTOR's better at the female armour than most MMO's - take Guild Wars 2, for instance. Only female character I have in that is a Guardian Charr.

Flip side, of course, I do want sexy slave gear for my male characters in SWTOR because of reasons.

Oh yeah. Czerka hot pants.

Royox
01.08.2013 , 01:20 PM | #5140
I don't see why companions don't interact with each other.

This happened in KotOR I and 2 and is a stable of BioWare games.

I highly doubt this wasn't in their initial plan for the game. Seems a lack of resource issue (which boggles my mind considering the insane price tag attached to this game).

- Arcada
Well....Mako and Torian can have a romance if you say to Mako that she should try...