Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JCisneros
01.07.2013 , 08:48 AM | #5111
It's new. We spent over the holidays raking them over the coals for not communicating/reiterating their promise to add the arcs....I am certain that after the community managers and folks in charge read e-mail/post after email/post emphasizing their terrible communication skills, they took the road they should have ages ago and formally confirm their intent.

~J

Lent_San
01.07.2013 , 11:48 AM | #5112
Quote: Originally Posted by JCisneros View Post
It's new. We spent over the holidays raking them over the coals for not communicating/reiterating their promise to add the arcs....I am certain that after the community managers and folks in charge read e-mail/post after email/post emphasizing their terrible communication skills, they took the road they should have ages ago and formally confirm their intent.
~J
And now we're waiting for more info to come. Ah, the waiting .... I feel so sentimental. It's been so long since we've last been waiting for them to tell us stuff.

Tatile
01.07.2013 , 01:05 PM | #5113
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
And now we're waiting for more info to come. Ah, the waiting .... I feel so sentimental. It's been so long since we've last been waiting for them to tell us stuff.
It's so nice of them to think we'll somehow stop waiting now that they've told us it's really, really hard you guys.

ebado
01.07.2013 , 02:57 PM | #5114
The news is nice. I know many want more, either specifics or depth, and many want it sooner, but news is good for me. It sealed my decision to preorder Makeb, given how little we know of the actual expansion itself. I understand why some might not feel that way.

The zero-sum, either-or game people try to play to express their displeasure with the inclusion of such features shouldn't be considered a valid discussion topic.

I'm cautiously optimistic, but not wildly hyped. That's been my approach to this game since Mid 2009, and it applies here, for me.

fabiyun
01.07.2013 , 02:59 PM | #5115
Quote: Originally Posted by PluckyDog View Post
Just peeking in again. I noticed a small paragraph in the Help Centre and was wondering if it's been there for quite some time or if it's new. Here it is:

" 'Why is a same gender romance option not available for my character?'
Same gender romance options are not available with Companions at this time. However, inclusion of same gender romance options is planned for future, story-focused Game Updates."

Anyone know? My subscription is going to be on renewal very soon. I'm wondering if I need to cancel it still. I haven't played the game in a very long time (been waiting for SGRs).

UPDATE: **Ok, nevermind, lol. I've been out of the loop the last couple weeks. The news is still disappointing. Hmm. Not sure what to do with the subscription now. Thinking of cancelling it. Maybe renew it when we have equal opportunity as the opposite gender romances (meaning companion romances). I've written so many letters on this topic in the last 6 months, to so many different people/organizations, my brain is tired.
Thank you to everyone who has been fighting for SGRs... For providing a voice where people thought there wasn't one.**
I haven't seen that in the FAQ before. Good to know that it's there now though. I also haven't played in over a month now. My subscription ends in two days, I'm not prolonging it. I simply don't enjoy this game with only OGR flirts in my face all the time. It's like corrective therapy. Quite insulting, and I can't enjoy it atm.

But I did just pre-order ROTHC. I'll give it another go when we see Makeb. Before and during the holidays the site only showed purchase options in dollars, they're now finally in Euros. Thanks BW:A. Also I'm very pleased there's additional payment options for us in Europe, as I also suggested you should do before. That's great! Now if you would only let players and future players know. It's ok to add that on the page somewhere you know, I know that for a lot of people not being able to pay for this game was a major problem, they wanted to but couldn't. For those in .nl you can pay with iDEAL! I also saw options for other countries to pay with debit cards. The only gripe left now on that front: I still can't buy a security key here! It's not on origin . And there's no WindowsPhone app either.

Perhaps the devs got visited by the ghosts of Christmas. Seems like a bunch of long overdue things happened over the holidays.

Now here's to hoping we'll hear something about the future of SGR with companions sometime soon. It'd be nice if we'd know what decision was made and when approximately we can see some content. Prepare some answers about SGR for the Cantina Tour. I'll be taking a 6hr coach to Paris instead of paying for a subscription.
"..the worst kind of DARTH one can dig up!"

ebado
01.07.2013 , 03:00 PM | #5116
Quote: Originally Posted by PluckyDog View Post
Anyone know? My subscription is going to be on renewal very soon. I'm wondering if I need to cancel it still. I haven't played the game in a very long time (been waiting for SGRs).

UPDATE: **Ok, nevermind, lol. I've been out of the loop the last couple weeks. The news is still disappointing. Hmm. Not sure what to do with the subscription now. Thinking of cancelling it. Maybe renew it when we have equal opportunity as the opposite gender romances (meaning companion romances).
If you are not playing or not enjoying the game, cancel your subscription. Renew if it gets to a point where you feel you will play and enjoy your time in game. I'm still subbed to TOR, and have been since launch, because I enjoy it. When I stop enjoying it, I will stop playing. I think you should consider approaching it that way. However, I'm not the kind that feels as though I need an MMO to always be playing. I'm not sure if you are, but if you will, perhaps that changes the situation.

Lent_San
01.07.2013 , 03:15 PM | #5117
Ok, I'm seriously having a heart attack now.

Hal Hood replied to a tweet of mine, saying while the forum is the best way to suggest stuff, he'd be happy to hear my/our thoughts. He's open to ideas how to get more companion interaction into the game.

I just replied to him, asking him whether I should post stuff to Twitter or whether he has a kind of official address I could mail some ideas to. My hands are all sweaty now.

Thoughts? Suggestions? I'm all giddy now, lol.

fabiyun
01.07.2013 , 03:20 PM | #5118
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
Ok, I'm seriously having a heart attack now.

Hal Hood replied to a tweet of mine, saying while the forum is the best way to suggest stuff, he'd be happy to hear my/our thoughts. He's open to ideas how to get more companion interaction into the game.

I just replied to him, asking him whether I should post stuff to Twitter or whether he has a kind of official address I could mail some ideas to. My hands are all sweaty now.

Thoughts? Suggestions? I'm all giddy now, lol.
Hehe, well you know that views differ on this. I'd personally prefer to see new companions, new quests with SGR NPCs for existing planets. Heck I'd even help write some story, I've got time on my hands. Having only OGR is a game breaker for me, I don't enjoy this game atm, and I'd prefer seeing SGR companions asap. Even if for the first while there'd only be a few SGR companion quests, which can be extended later on with future content updates.

Tatile
01.07.2013 , 03:27 PM | #5119
Quote: Originally Posted by fabiyun View Post
Hehe, well you know that views differ on this. I'd personally prefer to see new companions, new quests with SGR NPCs for existing planets. Heck I'd even help write some story, I've got time on my hands. Having only OGR is a game breaker for me, I don't enjoy this game atm, and I'd prefer seeing SGR companions asap. Even if for the first while there'd only be a few SGR companion quests, which can be extended later on with future content updates.
Different views are better than having only one view. I've tweeted my support for more Firefly-esque moments - really hope Mr. Hood is a browncoat and gets the reference.

fabiyun
01.07.2013 , 03:32 PM | #5120
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Different views are better than having only one view. I've tweeted my support for more Firefly-esque moments - really hope Mr. Hood is a browncoat and gets the reference.
Hehe, of course.
Btw, are you going to London the 2nd of Feb?