Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tatile
01.06.2013 , 08:25 AM | #5081
I've not played the Mass Effects games, but from what my husband's told me, romances from previous games can be continued or broken off as the player wishes (and there is fallout). Having done some of the romances in this game, it would be nice if Chapter 4 (which is likely class story, as all the chapters are) would also address the romances of 1-3, especially in cases like Quinn.

If they aren't going to retroactively apply SGRA options for existing companions (I'm guessing that's part of the "it's SO hard" reason), then having them available in Chapter 4 would be nice - kind of like a "I wasn't really attracted to you before, but now that we've survived certain death/defeated the BBEG/raided the lost tomb of cheesecake and profiteroles, I think I'd like to take our relationship further...", though then you may have the problem of people yelling "herosexual", but let's be honest, how likely is it that the Imperial Drones are genuinely attracted to that many aliens?

Berronaxftw
01.06.2013 , 08:39 AM | #5082
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
Sounds reasonable, event though I'm still unwilling to give up hope yet they'll be doing something with old companions eventually. To have to level to 50 to be able to experience SGR forever sounds too half-assed to me. *crosses fingers*

The new expansion Rise of the Hutt Cartel will bring SGR romance/flirting options for the Makeb planet. ETA is said to be spring. Unfortunately no companion romances as of yet, but they may be coming at a later time.

Friendly reminder, guys, real life topics are not allowed on this board. Do yourself a favor, just ignore those trolls.
Thank you!.

Lent_San
01.06.2013 , 08:40 AM | #5083
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
If they aren't going to retroactively apply SGRA options for existing companions (I'm guessing that's part of the "it's SO hard" reason), then having them available in Chapter 4 would be nice - kind of like a "I wasn't really attracted to you before, but now that we've survived certain death/defeated the BBEG/raided the lost tomb of cheesecake and profiteroles, I think I'd like to take our relationship further..."
That's exactly what happened with some (I think) of the companions in Mass Effect 3, at least with Kaidan. I'd like that as well, most certainly so, just not sure this is the way they're planning on doing things.

I'm really curious about this "more details soon" stuff because it may give us indication where indeed we're headed with romances, if not all, then at least SGR romances.

Quote: Originally Posted by Berronaxftw View Post
Thank you!.
You're welcome!

Tatile
01.06.2013 , 08:44 AM | #5084
That's exactly what happened with some (I think) of the companions in Mass Effect 3, at least with Kaidan. I'd like that as well, most certainly so, just not sure this is the way they're planning on doing things.

I'm really curious about this "more details soon" stuff because it may give us indication where indeed we're headed with romances, if not all, then at least SGR romances.
I'd like to see more of the details as well, but unfortunately Mr. Hood isn't allowed to talk about this at the moment. I think I mentioned it earlier, but a follow-up column from him would be nice.

JediMB
01.06.2013 , 09:22 AM | #5085
Those could be stand-alone romances, so to speak, and people who aren't interested in them could easily avoid them. You know, kinda like the romances with Cortez and Kelly in Mass Effect 3.
Steve Cortez and Samantha Traynor in ME3.

Kelly Chambers was in ME2.

Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
I can't speak for all classes, but I know my SI (female) had a relationship in the storyline that lasted about as long as any of the companion romances...basically flirt, flirt, sex, done.
That's a pretty gross simplification.

Take Mako as an example. The romance arc with her is part of her larger companion/character arc, which more or less spans the entire class story for the Bounty Hunter. That's just not at all comparable to a few flirts (and sex) with a character you'll never see after you've left that one planet.
The Morrowbringer Legacy The Red Eclipse (PvE) [EU]
Deep into that darkness peering, you reach out your hand and grasp what you are searching for.
Now ring the bells that sweep away the darkness; the bells that beckon tomorrow's dawn.

Lent_San
01.06.2013 , 09:35 AM | #5086
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMB View Post
Steve Cortez and Samantha Traynor in ME3.
Kelly Chambers was in ME2.
Yes, of course, Samantha! The tomboy one, not the tall one... *coughs*

... You see, I don't play the female romances that often.

JediMB
01.06.2013 , 09:41 AM | #5087
Yes, of course, Samantha! The tomboy one, not the tall one... *coughs*

... You see, I don't play the female romances that often.
I was totally set to play the romance with Sam on my second ME3 playthrough, but after finishing it the first time I could barely even muster up the willpower to go through the Extended Cut, much less play additional DLC or new playthroughs.

So I can't speak for the romance, but I still loved dorky Samantha. She may shower in her underwear, but she's still cool in my book.
The Morrowbringer Legacy The Red Eclipse (PvE) [EU]
Deep into that darkness peering, you reach out your hand and grasp what you are searching for.
Now ring the bells that sweep away the darkness; the bells that beckon tomorrow's dawn.

SilentKitty
01.06.2013 , 10:51 AM | #5088
I was totally set to play the romance with Sam on my second ME3 playthrough, but after finishing it the first time I could barely even muster up the willpower to go through the Extended Cut, much less play additional DLC or new playthroughs.

So I can't speak for the romance, but I still loved dorky Samantha. She may shower in her underwear, but she's still cool in my book.
I have played through the romance with Sam and it was wonderful! Highly recommend it

Lent_San
01.06.2013 , 11:40 AM | #5089
Take Mako as an example. The romance arc with her is part of her larger companion/character arc, which more or less spans the entire class story for the Bounty Hunter. That's just not at all comparable to a few flirts (and sex) with a character you'll never see after you've left that one planet.
Yeah, I agree.

That's why I believe this won't be everything we'll be seeing with Makeb or later.

I might be wrong of course, but I'm feeling quite hopeful they 'got' it this time.

Nozybidaj
01.06.2013 , 12:08 PM | #5090

"Secondly, I want to reveal today that we are adding SGR with some NPCs on Makeb and do intend on pursuing more SGR options in the future. More details to come!"

If there was nothing more meaningful to come, why add this last bit?

He just said "more" not "more meaningful" I'm sure as they release new content they'll give you more SG NPC Flirts, but it seems they have no intention of even attempting what we have been asking for since before launch. Equality.