Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lent_San
01.04.2013 , 01:36 PM | #4991
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMB View Post
The thing about Jack in ME2 is that she uses sex as a weapon, due to how she grew up after she escaped the experiments she was put through during her childhood. She may have had sex with women in her past, willingly or coerced, but as far as actual attraction and romantic love goes she's straight.
Oh, I see. Well, I would like to see some more diverse companions for SWTOR, maybe that better describes it.

Quote: Originally Posted by KidRaid View Post
In ME3 (IIRC) you were able to make advances to her as a femshep. She however did shut you down stating that she was not interested. Wich brings a good point : I would find it interesting if you could they implemented some conversations with companions or NPC where you were told they were not interested.
Oh well.... at least it is a move in the right direction
Yeah, you know, it would be kind of realistic if we had at least some companions that turn us down. On the other hand, with the lack of SGR we already have, I kind of see this far in the future, when hopefully we have been able to romance at least a few NPCs/companions in the game. But, good point.

Quote: Originally Posted by Anglvamp View Post
Secondly, until someone asks every person currently playing what their opinion of its inclusion into the game is, any numbers based argument is moot and should be ignored as groundless.
^.^
I agree, and this is really a moot point, one I suggest we don't follow debating since SGR will be coming. Period. Any debate on how many people want it, support it, don't want it, is really no longer necessary, nor of interest.

SithKoriandr
01.04.2013 , 01:36 PM | #4992
Quote: Originally Posted by Lillark View Post
There is a world of difference between wanting to play something, not wanting to play something and opposing others being able to play it. People will not be forced to play SGR's but they should have the right to play as much of a romance with a character of the same gender as a straight person has to play one with a character of the opposite sex.
Actually, I think the right goes to the company on if they want to add it in, deciding how much resources they want to put into it if they decide to, and people have the right to stay or go depending on the companies choice onthe matter, without having to deal with outside sources other than players/customers to get it.

Lent_San
01.04.2013 , 01:40 PM | #4993
Quote: Originally Posted by Lillark View Post
There is a world of difference between wanting to play something, not wanting to play something and opposing others being able to play it. People will not be forced to play SGR's but they should have the right to play as much of a romance with a character of the same gender as a straight person has to play one with a character of the opposite sex.
I agree. If there's OGR, there should be SGR. Many companies out there are catching up now, see Skyrim, or the Final Fantasy peeps. Thankfully, this is more and more becoming a non-issue for many game companies.

Anglvamp
01.04.2013 , 01:40 PM | #4994
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Now I'm curious, do you think the majority of players want SGR? Majority of players dont care one way or the other? Majority of players don't want it?
I have no idea how many people want this feature, and neither does any other player. I am just tired of seeing the numbers argument. It is totally moot unless you can get concrete numbers.

I really don't care about the numbers of who does and doesn't. It's not an argument. SGR is being added, its been promised since before launch. More features in the game is always good and its up to BW/EA to decide what is going to be included. Almost as if they have paid employees to make those decisions.

^.^
NO one said SGR content should be at the top of the priority list, but eventually you have to get to the bottom of the list

Joushigun
01.04.2013 , 01:53 PM | #4995
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
I never said it was necessary. *eyeroll* Nor did I say I did that. I do a few FPs, storylines/regular quests. And I said Makeb's storyline quests/regular quests is new content, which the poster said regular quests was content, to which I said putting SGR in the new content doesn't take time away from new content, as they're putting it in as the make it.

I did say going back and doing a whole patch of "lets add SGR to old content" could be seen as a waste by a majority of players. Though if they did it in increments, a classes companions here, a classes companions there, could be a good idea. The problem with that, is then we'd see people complaining it wasn't done for their class and it would be non-stop whining untill it was put in for their class.
Except that is pretty much what you implied. You implied heavily that those elements were necessary.
"I am a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife."- Lady Vastra, Doctor Who and the Snowmen

MSpectre
01.04.2013 , 02:23 PM | #4996
Quote: Originally Posted by Newyankalt View Post
Well what this person says is true maybe not 2% but SGR will have very little appeal for alot of the community and the majority of players would want ops,warzones,class missions,etc before SGR. I'm not saying SGR are horrible and shouldn't be implanted in the game but it isn't very big update that we actually need right now.
Look at this way, SGR implentation is likely to come once or maybe twice in this games lifetime(speculation) that when compared to all the carrot chasing Ops/FPs/Wzs it'll look like a grain of sand in the desert.

Imo class quests and companion dialogue are more important to me than the inevitable carrot chasing/time sinks. SGR is a blip in the overall picture but the option will bring some small token of joy to people playing.

ArawnNox
01.04.2013 , 02:58 PM | #4997
I'm surprised this thread isn't abuzz with the comments on SGRs in today's State of the Game blog http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20130102

According to Hickman, SGRs are coming with Makeb, probably in the form of NPC flirts, etc, while larger implementation is still being worked on.
The Dark Star Legacy
Xu'lan - Imperial Sniper (50)
Xin'lan - Jedi Shadow (15)

chuixupu
01.04.2013 , 03:01 PM | #4998
Quote: Originally Posted by ArawnNox View Post
I'm surprised this thread isn't abuzz with the comments on SGRs in today's State of the Game blog http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20130102

According to Hickman, SGRs are coming with Makeb, probably in the form of NPC flirts, etc, while larger implementation is still being worked on.
lol, what? This thread has been abuzz with that blog that was posted two days ago.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

ArawnNox
01.04.2013 , 03:14 PM | #4999
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
lol, what? This thread has been abuzz with that blog that was posted two days ago.
>.>
Thats what I get for not checking back several pages.
Feel free to ignore me then.
The Dark Star Legacy
Xu'lan - Imperial Sniper (50)
Xin'lan - Jedi Shadow (15)

Lent_San
01.04.2013 , 03:26 PM | #5000
Quote: Originally Posted by ArawnNox View Post
>.>
Thats what I get for not checking back several pages.
Feel free to ignore me then.
Hey, thanks for the heads up though.