Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Captain_Zone
06.11.2012 , 09:39 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
And no comments for DS Jaesa? I am appalled. lol
DS Jaesa would be HOT for a female SW on the Dark Side. Just the fact that she WOULD be down with a threesome with Vette says something for her willingness to at least experiment.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

stuffystuffs
06.11.2012 , 09:04 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Zandilar View Post
Of course, there are probably a lot more terms and conditions involved, and it's probably far better and tightly worded than I've written it. (Oh dear, guess who has a Contract Law exam tomorrow...)
I just came across this post by a SWTOR wrtier.

It made me think of your post/discussion.

It's an interesting post when thinking about SGRA's I think.
Node guarder

MusedMoose
06.12.2012 , 06:23 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
I just came across this post by a SWTOR wrtier.

It made me think of your post/discussion.

It's an interesting post when thinking about SGRA's I think.
That is interesting; good find. Kind of puts "writer soon" into a bit more perspective. But it also gives me some reassurance that SGRs will in fact be in this year. If most of the writing is on a significant lead time, and SGRs have been in progress since before the game was released, and it's June now... It seems like it would be very difficult for SGRs not to be done this year.

This is just speculation, of course, but it's still good to have a little bit more info on how BW does things.

Birthofthecool
06.13.2012 , 01:37 PM | #44
I'm not saying SGR's are not coming, I'm still hoping for them, even have some hope for them coming this year, but I can't understand why some of you seem to believe every statement someone at BW does.

In case of DA2 and ME3 there've been people from BW lying to fans, to the press etc..
A few months before release Hudson was still talking about how there would be so many versions of ME3's ending, that you couldn't even call it a conventional ending. Certainly not a choose option a,b or c ending.
And what did we get? exactly that.

BW is working for EA now, they'll say anything to appease people.
If they wouldn't really plan to include SGR, wouldn't they be doing exactly what they are doing now.

Telling people it will come, without a timeframe, without anything specific, just to keep the cattle from boiling over?

I still have some hope for BW and I desperately hope for an SGR update this year but we shouldn't be too naive and trusting in BW is all I'm saying.

I have a Gunslinger waiting for Akaavi, an SW waiting for Vette and a Jedi waiting for Kiara to come around, but I'm definitely not going to wait for ages while paying for a subscription.

I give them 1-2 months, if by then we don't get more assuring iformation regarding this, I'll let my account rest.

Uluain
06.13.2012 , 02:22 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by jgelling View Post
I hate to be a downer but seriously - you're talking about a feature a guy they fired promised a year ago would be in soon after launch...
No, actually they only ever said it WILL be included as post-launch content. That means any point after launch, and has been more recently clarified to "this year". I am going to give them this year to include the content or at least give us an update on a delay before I write this off entirely.

The writers have known all along which companion characters would have same-gender romantic options. Comparing this content to hood toggles, which have more complicated requirements than you may realize, is silly. It takes time in development, and they have told us that they want to take that time, rather than rush out something crappy.

Let them take their time. It will come, they have committed to it and, at this point, having braved the storm of controversy and seen how unexpectedly eager players are for same-gender content (which they admitted surprised them) they are not likely to abandon the commitment now.

On the other hand, they also flat out told us that they aren't going to have a lot to say about this until it is close to rolling out. So it's probably not yet. They gave us a loose ballpark time, which is what we asked for, as "this year". That gives them the time they feel they need to do it right. Try to be patient with that.

jgelling
06.13.2012 , 05:36 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
No, actually they only ever said it WILL be included as post-launch content. That means any point after launch, and has been more recently clarified to "this year". I am going to give them this year to include the content or at least give us an update on a delay before I write this off entirely.

The writers have known all along which companion characters would have same-gender romantic options. Comparing this content to hood toggles, which have more complicated requirements than you may realize, is silly. It takes time in development, and they have told us that they want to take that time, rather than rush out something crappy.

Let them take their time. It will come, they have committed to it and, at this point, having braved the storm of controversy and seen how unexpectedly eager players are for same-gender content (which they admitted surprised them) they are not likely to abandon the commitment now.

On the other hand, they also flat out told us that they aren't going to have a lot to say about this until it is close to rolling out. So it's probably not yet. They gave us a loose ballpark time, which is what we asked for, as "this year". That gives them the time they feel they need to do it right. Try to be patient with that.
Actually, you have my word on this: my account expires at the end of the month, I just leveled my sorc (third alt) and I'm done with the game for now. My main reason for quitting is because I love the story content, I have no real use for endlessly running ops or whatever. Between what EA said on their earnings call about the game being not a top 5 priority, the sub losses and the layoffs, I decided significant new story-driven content isn't likely to happen. They've announced Makeb but without showing a playthrough, one planet could be little more than another op with a different setting.

But I could be wrong - who knows? If BW actually keeps their word on this, I'll be back, not because this is the most important feature for me, but because it'll show they're willing to keep their word even at a great cost in time and expense, for a feature that might even alienate some people. It'll be a sign they're trustworthy as far as making this a story-driven MMO instead of a grind.

And I'll admit I was extremely extremely wrong, and let Dark Jaessa do what she will with me, hopefully. But if it doesn't happen this year at least I have a time frame, but I won't even get to gloat though because I'll still be unsubbed!

MusedMoose
06.13.2012 , 09:44 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post

Welcome back, Uluain. Good to see you among us again.

Hopefully we won't be counseling patience too much longer. The video for E3 did say story content was coming this year - we knew that from the guild summit, but E3 is a considerably larger kind of announcement. No surprise BW didn't mention SGRs at E3, as they're not the kind of new feature that gets discussed there.

I still think we're going to get some news on all of this after patch 1.3 hits. BioWare doesn't talk about upcoming patches until one is done, so hopefully it will be soon. If 1.4 turns out to be the story patch, my guess (and it's only a guess) would be for an August or September release.

BioWare: August 3rd is my birthday. News on SGRs would be an excellent birthday present for a long-time fan and customer. Just sayin'.

Captain_Zone
06.15.2012 , 09:33 AM | #48
Would it be fun to watch my female Knight kiss Kira? For me, certainly. Do I need it NOW? Nope. I can wait as long as it takes. Why? Because I know BioWare will put it in. They have a good track record for doing stuff like this.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

stuffystuffs
06.15.2012 , 10:15 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Would it be fun to watch my female Knight kiss Kira? For me, certainly. Do I need it NOW? Nope. I can wait as long as it takes. Why? Because I know BioWare will put it in. They have a good track record for doing stuff like this.
Hopefully they will put that romance in.

I just made a new JK hahaa

But yeah, I can wait for it. IT MAKES IT THAT MUCH SWEETER
Node guarder

wainot-keel
06.15.2012 , 10:37 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Callaron View Post
Ah, the sense of entitlement of some people... "Give me the feature I want, NOW! Or my subscription is cancelled, CANCELLED YOU HEAR?!"
Nevermind that these people are trying to save their game by prioritizing, to hell with those wanting groups and server transfers as long as I get what I want, right?

Translation: They had other priorities. I'm sure that once things are stable they'll return to this.
lolwut ?
What prompted you to say that ? Or you just felt like dropping by and toss that ssssstuff in here just because, well you can ?