Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Joushigun's Avatar


Joushigun
01.04.2013 , 11:39 AM | #4981
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
New content falls in line with missions/questing. If you don't enjoy that, yeah, why are you playing the game. In fact, if you don't enjoy pvp/fp/wz/raiding...basically anything that helps you level, outside of RPing, why would you be here?

The problem with the posters line of thinking, I already mentioned in a previous post.
I quest and do the story content...which is what SGRA's falls under. I'm not sure why you believe it is necessary to pvp/fp/wz/raid in order to level to 50. I've done it four times without doing any of those things. In fact, your argument back to me is as wrong as the guy who I was answering originally since it presumes a level of interest in aspects of the game that I simply do not have, and makes an assumption that the game must be played that way and that all people enjoy them.

Since they do not, your argument to me is equally invalid.
"I am a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife."- Lady Vastra, Doctor Who and the Snowmen

PresentTense's Avatar


PresentTense
01.04.2013 , 12:11 PM | #4982
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
New content falls in line with missions/questing. If you don't enjoy that, yeah, why are you playing the game. In fact, if you don't enjoy pvp/fp/wz/raiding...basically anything that helps you level, outside of RPing, why would you be here?

The problem with the posters line of thinking, I already mentioned in a previous post.
This is just not how everyone plays. I've capped four characters at this point and am working on a fifth. My counts:
PVP matches: 0
Flashpoints: 1
Warzones: 0
Ops: Probably a couple dozen
Romance arcs: 3

For me, SGRAs are much more important than any PVP or group content.

KidRaid's Avatar


KidRaid
01.04.2013 , 12:25 PM | #4983
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
Games like ME have romance options like Jack for instance, who is widely considered to be bisexual, even though I'm not sure whether she was ever available for SGR.
In ME3 (IIRC) you were able to make advances to her as a femshep. She however did shut you down stating that she was not interested. Wich brings a good point : I would find it interesting if you could they implemented some conversations with companions or NPC where you were told they were not interested.

On the sugject of how they are introducing SGR while I applaud the effort I find it a bit puzzling. If I understand correctly Makeb will be for high level characters. Couls they not have added some NPC same gender flirts at lower levels ? It just seems strange to me that for the whole story there would be none and at the end then suddently they appear.

Oh well.... at least it is a move in the right direction
Quote: Originally Posted by Elyree View Post
Basic tenet of economics: Something is worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. Not more, not less.
.

Lillark's Avatar


Lillark
01.04.2013 , 12:28 PM | #4984
We who would like SGR's pay/paid just as much for the game, but we have zero options now and the options that will be added require the purchase of the expansion and do not include any companions that will be with you from the start of the game like Mako, Vette, and several other straight romance options. Will you have to go back to Makeb every time you want to see your love? Will every Lesbian in the game have to accept the same girl or have none at all? Will every homosexual man be in the same boat? I personally cannot stand any of the male companions as romance options. I would rather romance Skadge than Torian, but all we get to choose from are bodies 1-3 humans and one Twiilek. Seperate but unequal treatment for LGB players and role-players. Thanks, EA-Ware!

Anglvamp's Avatar


Anglvamp
01.04.2013 , 12:31 PM | #4985
People keep forgetting that this game is of the mmoRPg genre, so I for one find RP to be one of the most important parts of the game.

Secondly, until someone asks every person currently playing what their opinion of its inclusion into the game is, any numbers based argument is moot and should be ignored as groundless.

^.^
NO one said SGR content should be at the top of the priority list, but eventually you have to get to the bottom of the list

SithKoriandr's Avatar


SithKoriandr
01.04.2013 , 01:11 PM | #4986
Quote: Originally Posted by Joushigun View Post
I quest and do the story content...which is what SGRA's falls under. I'm not sure why you believe it is necessary to pvp/fp/wz/raid in order to level to 50. I've done it four times without doing any of those things. In fact, your argument back to me is as wrong as the guy who I was answering originally since it presumes a level of interest in aspects of the game that I simply do not have, and makes an assumption that the game must be played that way and that all people enjoy them.

Since they do not, your argument to me is equally invalid.
I never said it was necessary. *eyeroll* Nor did I say I did that. I do a few FPs, storylines/regular quests. And I said Makeb's storyline quests/regular quests is new content, which the poster said regular quests was content, to which I said putting SGR in the new content doesn't take time away from new content, as they're putting it in as the make it.

I did say going back and doing a whole patch of "lets add SGR to old content" could be seen as a waste by a majority of players. Though if they did it in increments, a classes companions here, a classes companions there, could be a good idea. The problem with that, is then we'd see people complaining it wasn't done for their class and it would be non-stop whining untill it was put in for their class.

SithKoriandr's Avatar


SithKoriandr
01.04.2013 , 01:16 PM | #4987
Quote: Originally Posted by PresentTense View Post
This is just not how everyone plays. I've capped four characters at this point and am working on a fifth. My counts:
PVP matches: 0
Flashpoints: 1
Warzones: 0
Ops: Probably a couple dozen
Romance arcs: 3

For me, SGRAs are much more important than any PVP or group content.
Doesnt storyline quests fall in like with new missions, which I said was new content? Regular quests also fall in line with new content. And I'd bet the majority of players do the quests.

Oh. I get it. You want to show you don't care about other aspects, which I never said the majority of players do, you read it as something completely different, because it wasn't "edit old content" but rather "keep moving forward and add it to new content, as then majority of players see new content and are happy"

Outside of bug fixes, majority of players want to see new content, not the same content they've already seen multiple times. And early level content is seen a lot.

SithKoriandr's Avatar


SithKoriandr
01.04.2013 , 01:19 PM | #4988
Quote: Originally Posted by Anglvamp View Post
People keep forgetting that this game is of the mmoRPg genre, so I for one find RP to be one of the most important parts of the game.

Secondly, until someone asks every person currently playing what their opinion of its inclusion into the game is, any numbers based argument is moot and should be ignored as groundless.

^.^
Now I'm curious, do you think the majority of players want SGR? Majority of players dont care one way or the other? Majority of players don't want it?

Lillark's Avatar


Lillark
01.04.2013 , 01:30 PM | #4989
There is a world of difference between wanting to play something, not wanting to play something and opposing others being able to play it. People will not be forced to play SGR's but they should have the right to play as much of a romance with a character of the same gender as a straight person has to play one with a character of the opposite sex.

chuixupu's Avatar


chuixupu
01.04.2013 , 01:36 PM | #4990
I'm not even sure what the purpose of all the arguing is. Bioware does SGR. They put it in this game, albeit in a obviously very minor way that probably didn't require all that much time and effort, and probably will be easily avoided by those who have issues handling a same gender flirt. It doesn't matter what percentage of people want the content. No developers ever make a game by player democracy. I've always appreciated Blizzard's transparency on the matter. "Yes, we do listen to our players, it's just that usually we just don't agree with them.".
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant