Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

chuixupu
01.03.2013 , 10:35 PM | #4941
Well this WAS in the guild summit:

Suggestion: Type 4 sith, he want an equivalent male slave outfit. A: its coming
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

SithKoriandr
01.03.2013 , 10:39 PM | #4942
Quote: Originally Posted by Joushigun View Post
Well, I have to admit to an ulterior motive for having an Agent and a Bounty Hunter.

Both have female companions that are first companions. But I tend to like high DPS and distance while playing.
BH is just an awesome class with an awesome starting companion! Which I find kinda sad, as I wanted to really enjoy the force users, but finding I love the BH Arsenal Spec the best so far.

Good thing Legacy Abilities help give the feel of a force user!

LadyDrusilla
01.03.2013 , 10:40 PM | #4943
I'd love to flirt with hutts. Seriously.
This blonde loves her Hutts, the bigger, the better.

QwibQwib
01.03.2013 , 10:50 PM | #4944
I just had another idea. Hutt companions. They'd be glorious in combat. Though I think it'd be a bit of a struggle to get them onboard your ship...
"Amor omnibus idem" - "Love is the same for all"

SithKoriandr
01.03.2013 , 10:53 PM | #4945
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
To be honest, I do not agree they have the right to voice their opinion on SGR, since that opinion, in most cases, stems from their real life views on homosexuality, which, expressed on this board, is against the forum rules.

I'm not too enthusiastic about this thread, as my assumption is that the same kinds of fights will break out that have occurred in General, whenever this topic has been brought up in a singular thread there. Plus, the OP isn't really suggesting stuff, he's more or less just claiming his dissatisfaction.

I'm glad though that a few more people have popped up, posting reasonable arguments for SGR, so I can lay it low. I'm tired of this fighting, I'm tired of all this anti-SGR crap.

I just wish we could just be looking forward to the content now without having to deal with these people all the time.
Wanting SGR is just as much because of RL as not wanting it. *shrug*

Actually, after seeing a forum dev post in threads no social or political talk on the forums, Im suprised either of these threads are still around, as that's what they've seemed to be.

SithKoriandr
01.03.2013 , 10:57 PM | #4946
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyDrusilla View Post
I'd love to flirt with hutts. Seriously.
With my SI (former slave) and BH (screwed over by a hutt), I'd much rather have the option to just kill every hutt my characters see ^_^

Zandilar
01.03.2013 , 10:57 PM | #4947
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post
Eh, I know, but I still find it a little suspicious that they were planning to release it in an update that is centered around gangsters that run brothels. But I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth. Just floating around some ideas since we've got that update.
You make it sound like running brothels is all that the Hutt Cartel does.

The Cartel is a lot bigger than that, it is a vast galaxy spanning alliance of various Hutt factions involved in all kinds of crime and even some legitimate business. Maybe some of their businesses are cantinas and brothels, but I can guarantee you that a larger portion of their business is in drug running, slave trading, arms dealing, and general graft and corruption.
Zandilar, an Australian, IN SPAAAAAAAACCCCEEEEE!!
Too many characters, most of them Chiss.

natashina
01.03.2013 , 11:03 PM | #4948
Quote: Originally Posted by Zandilar View Post
You make it sound like running brothels is all that the Hutt Cartel does.

The Cartel is a lot bigger than that, it is a vast galaxy spanning alliance of various Hutt factions involved in all kinds of crime and even some legitimate business. Maybe some of their businesses are cantinas and brothels, but I can guarantee you that a larger portion of their business is in drug running, slave trading, arms dealing, and general graft and corruption.
Point taken, for sure. As a side note, I loved the quest where you take out spice factories. It's rather near and dear to my heart. I'm glad that quest is in the game.

Anyway it does seem like our chances of getting SGR flirts from only the underground aspect of the lore is high. I really hope some NPCs not associated with the Hutt Cartel have SGR flirts too. Otherwise, it could only be criminals and prostitutes that have SGR flirts. They do have some legitimate businesses, so I'd be okay from getting flirts from them as well.

Despite some of my feelings about the way this whole thing has been handled, I really try to credit them with more taste than making SGR flirts only coming from the criminal side of the Hutt Cartel. There are days that my cynicism can get the better of me.

NogueiraA
01.04.2013 , 12:09 AM | #4949
Nice to see Bioware spending a bunch of time for SGR instead a new flashpoint, raid or warzone.

Later you guys who wants SGR (I'm not against), will complain "there's no new content? No new flashpoint? No new raid? whadahell BW?".

I'm in favor of SGR, but 2% of the players will enjoy that.
New flashpoints 98% of the players will enjoy that, 2% just pvp.

See, it's so much time spent for something useless compared to new FP, WZ and raids.

Gays deserve your space in the game, I respect that but the community wants and needs new contents who EVERYBODY will enjoy.

natashina
01.04.2013 , 12:16 AM | #4950
I'm sure there is far more people that want SGRs that any of us think. ME3 and both the DA games had SGRs in them and those went triple platinum. As David Gaider said, they do track who uses what. I'm sure SGRs weren't the only reason for that, but it obviously didn't hurt anything.

Anyway, this is my last post for awhile. We've got our update, so I'm taking a break. I need one, and I need some time for all of this to settle down.

Not so much to the person above me, but I'm done with the trolls for awhile.

I'm done with the concern trolls especially.

I'm done with the tired arguments about minority vs majority.

I'm done with those that say an update is not worth it.

I'm done with people thinking I went to GLAAD to push for this to get in.

I'm done trying to explain that all I wanted was an update and that the answer didn't have to be any sort of yes.

I'm done justifying myself to narrow minded..."people," that can't think past their own noses.

Stick a fork in me.

I'll see you guys later. I'll be back, just not for awhile.

In the words of Tigger: Ta Ta For Now.