Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

natashina
01.03.2013 , 06:21 PM | #4921
Typing in short bursts.

Thanks for the support! I'm good on the champagne, but I'll join you with some sparkling cider.

Speaking of typing in short bursts, I put this into the SotG thread:

Quote: Originally Posted by natashina
Okay, riddle me this:

SGRs get their first official update since March, and it's only for NPCs. It's also the first time a current employee has publicly say a word since then as well.

PvP'ers got an entire patch for 1.6 and I know have gotten a ton of updates since March and the Guild Summit. And he did talk about PvP in this very SotG.

So, how is Jeff mentioning SGRs ignoring PvP again?

natashina
01.03.2013 , 06:34 PM | #4922
By the way, the detractors have their own thread now in the Suggestion Box. The mods have done their thing and it's cool to stay open. I saw a yellow post come and go.

Spread the word. It's about time they got their own thread to speak their mind. I may strongly disagree with some (and find others just vile and sick,) but they do have a right to a voice on the forums.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=580675

Lent_San
01.03.2013 , 07:12 PM | #4923
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post
By the way, the detractors have their own thread now in the Suggestion Box. The mods have done their thing and it's cool to stay open. I saw a yellow post come and go.
Spread the word. It's about time they got their own thread to speak their mind. I may strongly disagree with some (and find others just vile and sick,) but they do have a right to a voice on the forums.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=580675
To be honest, I do not agree they have the right to voice their opinion on SGR, since that opinion, in most cases, stems from their real life views on homosexuality, which, expressed on this board, is against the forum rules.

I'm not too enthusiastic about this thread, as my assumption is that the same kinds of fights will break out that have occurred in General, whenever this topic has been brought up in a singular thread there. Plus, the OP isn't really suggesting stuff, he's more or less just claiming his dissatisfaction.

I'm glad though that a few more people have popped up, posting reasonable arguments for SGR, so I can lay it low. I'm tired of this fighting, I'm tired of all this anti-SGR crap.

I just wish we could just be looking forward to the content now without having to deal with these people all the time.

natashina
01.03.2013 , 07:15 PM | #4924
**hugs** Yeah, new supporters all the time Lent. Hang in there hun!

You bet I'm all about that thread. The trolls won't stop, so they should have their own special little corner just like we were stuck in until November. We'll know where most of them are at, they can talk trash about SGRs all day long and hopefully give us less of a headache.

Heh, I left a valid suggestion for that guy.

Quote:
You know, if you want to campaign against SGRs, I know of advocacy groups that would love to help you. One of them likes to focus on families, so that will help you. They failed the last time, but worth a shot eh?

If you feel that strongly about it, don't sit in the forums and complain. Tell the media, tell those advocacy groups that you'd like this option removed. It does help if you get a lot of your fellow supporters against SGRs to write in though. It can't be just one or two people.

Anyhow, try that and I wish you the best of luck!

Edit: I left that suggestion because...well, it's the Suggestion Box and that was the only way I could see to assisting the OP. I wasn't trolling, I was being very serious, because I don't see anyway that this is going to be removed from the game otherwise.
I wanted to mention that a guy named Fred would be willing to help him out, but I thought that was too far.

Lent_San
01.03.2013 , 07:27 PM | #4925
Off topic, but I'm off to bed now. I need a nap. I seriously need a nap. Maybe tomorrow my mood will be lighter.

Here's hoping you are right, natashina, about them staying in that thread and not bothering us anymore.

As of now, I can't really believe it. And to only know such a thread exists is really disturbing to me, as funny as that may sound.

A nap may help.

Night all. <3

natashina
01.03.2013 , 07:36 PM | #4926
That thread bothers me as well, but the right to speak up goes both ways. As long as they treat it like our thread (any multiple threads on that subject locked and redirected,) it can stay there. It won't do the detractors a lick of good, but they still should be able to talk about their feelings about this as well.

Crazy week, huh guys?

Glad we got an update, regardless of the blowback.

DarthRamette
01.03.2013 , 07:42 PM | #4927
You got what you wanted yet some of you are still not happy, I knew it wouldn't be enough for some of you. I am sure when SGR companions come out people will complain how that isn't enough.

natashina
01.03.2013 , 07:48 PM | #4928
Wow, some people aren't happy about how they handled SGRs? Funny how most people are unhappy to some extent about how their chosen feature is handled.

Huh, aren't some people unhappy with how they handled Illum or the FPs as well? Just look at the State of the Game thread; there is a lot of people very displeased with the handling of PvP as an example.

The reaction here isn't atypical. Not everyone is going to be satisfied with the answer nor the way this may play out.

Just like with any group with any other feature. It just so happens to be SGRs this time.

People complain about X, Y, Z feature being "done wrong, " all the time. So I don't know why this should be any different.

For my part, I'm just glad we got an update and got some rumors confirmed. Even if it's NPC flirts to start with, it's a step in the right direction.

Anyway, I saw your post in one of the other threads I lurk in saying you were done with the game. I wish you the best and may you find a game that suits you.

DarthRamette
01.03.2013 , 07:56 PM | #4929
I will continue to play until the expansion comes out then I shall leave. The I want an answer and now that is answer isn't good enough...sounds entitled.

JediMB
01.03.2013 , 08:10 PM | #4930
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRamette View Post
You got what you wanted yet some of you are still not happy, I knew it wouldn't be enough for some of you. I am sure when SGR companions come out people will complain how that isn't enough.
Generalizations, ahoy.

1) Personally, I'm relieved we finally got an answer. Some recognition.
2) However, I'm still dissatisfied with the nature of the content we can expect in the expansion. Simply because it isn't equivalent to preexisting content.
3) In the end, though, I'm glad that a first step has finally been taken in regards to SGR content, and I'm looking forward to seeing exactly how it is handled... as well as future announcements regarding further content.
The Morrowbringer Legacy The Red Eclipse (PvE) [EU]
Deep into that darkness peering, you reach out your hand and grasp what you are searching for.
Now ring the bells that sweep away the darkness; the bells that beckon tomorrow's dawn.