Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CommunitySupport
07.24.2012 , 10:02 AM | #481
Hello everyone; we've had to remove some posts from this thread. We've seen several posts that were not on the topic of the first post, and we ask that you avoid discussion of real-world social issues. This thread is primarily for discussing when further information will be available, and not for debate about social issues or whether this kind of content should or should not be available in the game. Also, please remember that if you see posts that violate the rules (in this thread or in any others thread), you can use the "Report Post" feature to bring it to our attention and we'll address is per forum policies. Thanks for helping keep this thread constructive and on-topic!

DeathEaters
07.24.2012 , 09:09 PM | #482
I just got Theran has a companion, and I wouldn't mind romancing with him... he's to cute.

Wittand
07.25.2012 , 01:45 AM | #483
Quote: Originally Posted by Newyankalt View Post
What if I don't want to redo conversations.
The ideal solution if any pre level 50 content for companions is added to implement a legacy perk/item you can buy at a store that allows to reset a companionīs affection status and dialog progress.

This would not only work for SGRAs but also if other content is added. As example if you play a trooper many dialoges with companions sound like they would be interesting missions for the player to undertake instead of just hearing your companions talking about them.

Kioma
07.25.2012 , 02:07 AM | #484
Quote: Originally Posted by Wittand View Post
The ideal solution if any pre level 50 content for companions is added to implement a legacy perk/item you can buy at a store that allows to reset a companionīs affection status and dialog progress.

This would not only work for SGRAs but also if other content is added. As example if you play a trooper many dialoges with companions sound like they would be interesting missions for the player to undertake instead of just hearing your companions talking about them.
That's one option, yes. A generic conversation option would be good, too, perhaps tied into the intercom item on the starship, so that you could call up a specific companion and get a 'Tell me about...' dialogue wheel with pertinent options depending on how much of the companion's dialogue you've unlocked.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

DarkTrooperV
07.25.2012 , 10:10 AM | #485
Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like that this is becoming a very lost cause and that it will never happen? Believe me, I would very much love to see SGRA in the game. But I feel like it is one of those things that Bioware used to just coax people into the game and then they've been fairly hush hush about it.
The Joker: They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these... these civilized people, they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve.

PuntaSur
07.25.2012 , 10:38 AM | #486
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTrooperV View Post
Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like that this is becoming a very lost cause and that it will never happen? Believe me, I would very much love to see SGRA in the game. But I feel like it is one of those things that Bioware used to just coax people into the game and then they've been fairly hush hush about it.
Since there hasn't been much communication on SGR content, it's most likely lower in priority at this time.

Tatile
07.25.2012 , 11:45 AM | #487
Quote: Originally Posted by PuntaSur View Post
Since there hasn't been much communication on SGR content, it's most likely lower in priority at this time.
Unfortunately with MMOs "low priority" tends to become "not being worked on" without even as much as by-your-leave. I know I'm one of the evil, nay-saying, morale-terrorists, but I am starting to highly doubt Bioware even cares about this part of the game anymore. If they do still care they have a funny way of showing it.

KidRaid
07.25.2012 , 11:55 AM | #488
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkTrooperV
Actually I think that the fact they are so quiet about it might in a way be a good sign. If they had decisded not to implement SGR at all they would have by now at least tried to say that there would be further delays ... That the statement that it was for this year had been an optimistic goal... something along those lines . You know preparing the ground for the actuall bad news. Right now there is ... nothing. Therefore they do not feel that they are not going to meet the deadline in such a way that they have to soften up the bad news. They keep quiet because anything they would say would just snowball into more questions that they would not be able to answer.

No the silence should be taken as a positive sign.

Quote: Originally Posted by Elyree View Post
Basic tenet of economics: Something is worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. Not more, not less.

stuffystuffs
07.25.2012 , 11:56 AM | #489
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTrooperV View Post
Not really, just b/c we haven't heard much of anything about future story/companion content.

If they were announcing all these cool new companion storyline features without mentioning SGRA's, then I'd be worried.

I don't think they see SGRA's as a feature that stands on it's own but see it as just a part of improvements/expansion of companion/story content that will add lots of other stuff too....and they have been hush hush about that. So, I see less as "they aren't talking about SGRA's" and more as "they aren't talking about new story/companion content."

Well, beyond the new droid thingy that I don't care at all about.
Node guarder

Kharnis
07.25.2012 , 02:10 PM | #490
Quote: Originally Posted by KidRaid View Post
Actually I think that the fact they are so quiet about it might in a way be a good sign. If they had decisded not to implement SGR at all they would have by now at least tried to say that there would be further delays ... That the statement that it was for this year had been an optimistic goal... something along those lines . You know preparing the ground for the actuall bad news. Right now there is ... nothing. Therefore they do not feel that they are not going to meet the deadline in such a way that they have to soften up the bad news. They keep quiet because anything they would say would just snowball into more questions that they would not be able to answer.

No the silence should be taken as a positive sign.

I hate to be the one to bring further negativity into this thread, but the attitude of "no news is good news" may be rather misplaced. When this topic first came up, it was asked for over two years prior to the game launching, with not a peep out of Bioware. It was only three to four months before launch that it was finally revealed that there would be no SGRA in the game, and even then it was a terse "No" when asked about them in an interview. There was no explanation, no reassurances that they would be introduced later, nothing.

So, based on their past behaviour, the fact that there is no word on this is actually a sign of bad news. But then, I'm increasingly becoming rather jaded with the way Bioware is running the game, so my attitude may be tainting my outlook on things. Definitely take anything I say with a very large grain of salt.
Proud member of "The Loose Canons" Cartel.
Fan Fics
Completed:
Ongoing: