Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Melycinya
01.02.2013 , 01:35 PM | #4751
Quote: Originally Posted by MoogleNut View Post
Y'know what? I should be happy we finally got a response, but I'm really not.

Basically, all the ideas and suggestions we've been encouraged to make (into a void no less) over the past year, and it boils down to this - buy Makeb or no inclusion for you - so 'pay-for-gay'.

I can't be the only one pissed off by this
You're not, but there is the hope that it's...only for a short amount of time, and that by the time Makeb comes out, they'll have other SGR flirts ready to put in place.

EDIT: "...we are adding SGR with some NPCs on Makeb..." is pretty clear, as far as whether they're likely to be available for free yet.
I love turning heads.
My favorite part is the kr-KRAK just before they throw themselves at my feet.

SithKoriandr
01.02.2013 , 01:35 PM | #4752
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
I guess it's because I know I've got crappy work days ahead of me, but am I the only one a little... underwhelmed?

I mean, it's good that we're getting NPC flirt options, and it's nice that Mr. Hickman acknowledged the wait for this content, but...

...eh.
Before it was "I just want an answer" now that you have one, and they're putting in a few SGR flirt options with NPCs, you say "eh"?

stuffystuffs
01.02.2013 , 01:37 PM | #4753
Basically, all the ideas and suggestions we've been encouraged to make (into a void no less) over the past year, and it boils down to this - buy Makeb or no inclusion for you - so 'pay-for-gay'.
Like others said, I think we need more clarification.

That would be bad...on top of that, we're talking about "romance" content I'm personally not interested in (I don't like one night stands/meaningless flirting).

Narien
01.02.2013 , 01:37 PM | #4754
Would you prefer they had pulled a 180 and said "sorry, no SGR for you ever in any capacity"?

You're getting what you want, first in a smaller world-arc style romance (by the sound of things) and once they hash out and do what needs done to make companions SGR viable you'll get them as well.

MoogleNut
01.02.2013 , 01:37 PM | #4755
I hope you're right on that Kioma, I really do.

Maybe it's the copious amounts of Lemsip swimming around my system, but as it stands my tolerance for more 'wait and see' from BioAustin is pretty low right now

Torikae
01.02.2013 , 01:39 PM | #4756
Long-time lurker just stopping by to say:
It's less than I'd like, but more than I was honestly expecting by this point and the first real step in the right direction. To be honest I'm just overjoyed to finally hear something positive.
They can have my money for Makeb now

Kioma
01.02.2013 , 01:40 PM | #4757
I hope you're right on that Kioma, I really do.

Maybe it's the copious amounts of Lemsip swimming around my system, but as it stands my tolerance for more 'wait and see' from BioAustin is pretty low right now
Yeah. As Melycinya points out it does look a bit... straightforward, but I really do think we need more info.

Lemsip is awesome stuff, by the way.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

SithKoriandr
01.02.2013 , 01:41 PM | #4758
Quote: Originally Posted by Kioma View Post
Actually I don't think there's anything that implies how they're going to address companion SGRAs, other than 'not with Makeb'. They're throwing in non-companion NPC flirts, and are working toward companion SGRAs at a later date.

I mean we can read things into their words until the cows come home. The past nine months or so of silence shows that it doesn't do much good to do so.

What I'm now hoping for is a developer post here at the front lines. That'd be nice.
No. Of course not. But I'm basing this on a few factors as well.

1) Old companions require the old voice actor brought back for a few new lines or there will just be a disconnect in the scene.

2) A few cut scenes redone if not new ones all together.

I'm actually curious as to what will happen with cutscenes (Which I'm guessing Makeb will have) and ones companions in Makeb. Could it be, if they do get the voice actors back for any new needed lines, will the only thing holding them back for SGR scenes be the actual animation time and possible game mechanic triggers?

Or will Makeb make use of previous companion chat lines or just have the companions stay quiet the whole time?

Anglvamp
01.02.2013 , 01:41 PM | #4759
As I understood it, this thread was mostly about getting a simple yes or no answer. I'm very happy they have finally given us a yes. I'd love to see more options, and I stay hopeful that we'll get more eventually. MMO's are always evolving so we just need to keep up the friendly support for the features we want.

^.^
NO one said SGR content should be at the top of the priority list, but eventually you have to get to the bottom of the list

Infir
01.02.2013 , 01:41 PM | #4760
I'm so glad to hear that SGRAs will be introduced soon, even if it's not companion romances yet. It was quite a pleasant surprise to see this in the blog.

I do still wish for some information on how future additional companion romances will be implemented, whether they'll be integrated into existing content or essentially stand-alone.
{((o))ﮗﮉﭽﭰﭵۻﮖۼﭦﮀﮃﮆ‖}Ξ{{ )