Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

amnie
01.02.2013 , 12:23 AM | #4731
Quote: Originally Posted by Infir View Post
Here's hoping my characters can find their special someones very soon.
is your char male and on pot5?

SithKoriandr
01.02.2013 , 02:54 AM | #4732
Not being the PC one in this thread, but not being one against SGR either, the more I play, the more I think this should be made an option, just so people have a choice.

My SI has 1 option. My BH has 1 option. Don't even get multiple options with Talos or Gault (love his personality, but I really couldn't see my BH going after him).

And it's not a case for all classes/genders to have just 1 option. I just happened to have two of the characters I've focused on stuck with 1 option

Edit: And thinking about it, that's like the "Time and budget" reason. Some of the scenes wouldn't work if you, so they'd have to make new scenes/triggers for scenes.

natashina
01.02.2013 , 09:53 AM | #4733
Not really in a great mood at the moment. Tired, confused and sick.

Five more days, or so I hope, til we get an answer.

Noremacv
01.02.2013 , 12:54 PM | #4734
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeff Hickman
Topic #4: Same Gender Romance: Any news on this front would be great…
Answer: First of all, I want to apologize that this is taking so long to get in the game. I realize that we promised SGR to you guys and that many of you believed that this would be with a companion character. Unfortunately, this will take a lot more work than we realized at the time and it (like some other pieces of content we talked about earlier in the year) has been delayed as we focused on the changes required to take the game Free-to-Play. As we have said in the past, allowing same gender romance is something we are very supportive of.

Secondly, I want to reveal today that we are adding SGR with some NPCs on Makeb and do intend on pursuing more SGR options in the future. More details to come!
About time we heard something of an update! Thanks for finally sending some attention this way, Jeff
Link found here.

"....and that many of you believed that this would be with a companion character" This sounds uncomfortably close to saying "but it won't happen"
55 Sith Juggernaut 55 Sith Marauder
55 Sith Assassin 55 Sith Sorcerer
55 Powertech

_biddan_
01.02.2013 , 12:57 PM | #4735
if you check this http://www.swtor.com/blog/star-wars-...3-state-game-2 you can see some good news.

EDIT: damn i've been ninjaed.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

Noremacv
01.02.2013 , 12:59 PM | #4736
Quote: Originally Posted by _biddan_ View Post
if you check this http://www.swtor.com/blog/star-wars-...3-state-game-2 you can see some good news.

EDIT: damn i've been ninjaed.
Hehe, sorry :P
55 Sith Juggernaut 55 Sith Marauder
55 Sith Assassin 55 Sith Sorcerer
55 Powertech

chuixupu
01.02.2013 , 01:08 PM | #4737
OMG....is that finally.... AN ANSWER????

Wow...ok, that wasn't so hard, was it? I mean, couldn't they have said that months ago? Sheesh.

Hard to say whether the NPC stuff will be enough to make up for a year of no companion romance, but it's a start. And there's hope for the future. I can't say this is the most satisfying answer I could hope for, but it sure beats the silence.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Kioma
01.02.2013 , 01:15 PM | #4738
Quote: Originally Posted by Noremacv View Post
About time we heard something of an update! Thanks for finally sending some attention this way, Jeff
Link found here.

"....and that many of you believed that this would be with a companion character" This sounds uncomfortably close to saying "but it won't happen"
Okay. Thanks, guys, for posting that link. Hugely appreciated. So appreciated you don't even know.

Hmm. Okay, okay. So. This is an actual update. A real, live update. Of actual information. Along with an apology and an acknowledgement that we've been waiting, AND that it's been delayed.

WOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Ahem. Now that's out of the way, seriously positive news. With this it's far, far easier to bear a longer wait. HUGELY positive move. I could concentrate on how long it took them or how they could have just confirmed Gabe's earlier comment on Makeb or how there's no updated ETA but you know what? Stuff it. I'm too busy being positive over this, and no update is ever flawless.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

Anglvamp
01.02.2013 , 01:23 PM | #4739
Hurray, at last some form of answer.

Do we still send cupcakes? lol

^.^
NO one said SGR content should be at the top of the priority list, but eventually you have to get to the bottom of the list

SithKoriandr
01.02.2013 , 01:25 PM | #4740
So SGR flirt options with Makeb, and by the sounds of it, any SGR with a companion will be a special one-size fits all companion...which seeing as how this is the breakdown for possible romance options for the classes...

SI: Male - 1 / Female - 1
SW: Male - 2 / Female - 2
IA: Male - 2 / Female - 1
BH: Male - 1 / Female - 1

JC: Male - 1 / Female - 2 (note: male doesnt even get the romance option untill last companion)
JW: Male - 1 / Female - 1
SM: Male - 2 / Female - 1
TR: Male - 1 / Female - 1

I'm not to surprised by it. Which goes back to my thought that the storylines are not as unique as people keep wanting to tell me, and has me going back to thinking TOR isn't so much a storydriven MMO, but rather a MMO with a storyline for each class versus a catch all storyline.