Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

johnxtreeme
01.01.2013 , 10:38 AM | #4721
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
If anyone lives near BW:Austin... I'd make them myself, but I don't think Bioware has an England branch (also gel food colouring is probably expensive from Lakeland and stuff.)

Does Bioware have an England branch?
Well customer service for TOR worldwide is at Bioware Ireland, but afaik nothing in England. Still, jut find a bakery near Austin and get them to make/deliver them.

Tatile
01.01.2013 , 11:33 AM | #4722
Quote: Originally Posted by johnxtreeme View Post
Well customer service for TOR worldwide is at Bioware Ireland, but afaik nothing in England. Still, jut find a bakery near Austin and get them to make/deliver them.
I asked Ms. Berryman anyway, but I'm going to have to guess that international requests for rainbow cakes would be quite expensive.

Razmoudah
01.01.2013 , 12:15 PM | #4723
First, just let me say that I wasn't aware that Bioware had two seperate development teams, so I'll clarify my comment to disregard everything Bioware if SGR isn't in the Expansion Patch: I'll never touch anything by Bioware-Austin again and scrutinize anything by Bioware-Edmonton before purchase because of their association with Bioware-Austin. Of course, how many US based developers have ever seemed to consider including LGBT's in their works? I'll admit that it can be a bit challenging to find even in games by Japanese developers (and since I'm big on RPG's, namely JRPG's since there are enough US companies for the distinction now, I don't know much about European developers), but when they are included they tend to be either good guys or background chars rather than villains. Even if most of the dating sims no longer have the homosexual branch path, just specific chars or harem, you have to get ones that are specifically homosexual to see anything like that. I don't personally mind since I'm not interested in seeing detailed yaoi content (I don't mind it being referenced and implied), but when RPing there are times when I'm going to RP a char that isn't straight, it just comes naturally to me to create ones like that at times. Although, I've had ideas for a few games and all of the ones with romance there are more than just OGR and SGR romance paths, there are also some possibilities for Triads or more (and frequently with open char possibilities for them as well), but you have to manage more than just the main chars relationship with the others, which sorta makes me think of Sakura Wars V (Sakura Wars: So Long My Love for those who don't know that it's the fifth Sakura Wars game) and I started coming up with them years before I heard of it to pre-order it.

Wow, that was a bit of a wandering rant, and I can't even make multiple paragraphs out of it without splitting up connected ideas. The people in Freefall (webcomic link: Freefall, sorry, I can't remember the planet's name right off hand) should probably be glad that their quirky robots don't have the degree of 'idea association' that I have.

As for the OGR for a male Inquisitor (if I read the shorthand right)..........I didn't hit a single flirt response on Drumand Kaas with mine, and I just recently got my ship. Maybe that has something to do with the fact that his legacy is all going Light Side. I'm not sure if that alters anything, but after he hit Light I there hasn't been anything even close to a flirt response available that I've been able to spot (not that he would've been inclined to flirt with any of the female quest givers on Drumand Kaas, as there was a decided lack of non-stuck-up-Sith female quest givers) so either there is a story difference between playing Light Side or Dark Side (which you've run afoul of) or else I missed a quest giver on Drumand Kaas, and since I didn't do all of the 'group advised' quests (I hate trying to hunt down others to join my group, and when I'm working them in the wee hours when there's hardly anyone online I just don't have the patience for it.) you might be able to talk me into going back there and giving you some 'deep fried goodness' (I love that casting quote from Grandia II, which just put me in the mood to possibly play it again some, good thing I have a backwards compatible PS3) support to complete them. My primary char (and the only one I'm playing until I finish the Chapter 2 class quests) is also named Razmoudah, if you find me online.

Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Also, I would totally jump at the chance to write for video games or something even if I would probably be crap at it, but I promise I'd never be as exclusive or as terrible as the majority of the current writers in the industry.
I'm not sure where you're from, but you're excluding Gust, Compile Heart, Idea Factory, and Nippon Ichi Software. If you're in the US all of their titles have been published by NISA (Nippon Ichi Software America), and at present I'm hard pressed to come up with writers or authors anywhere that are better than the ones they have. And yes, there has been the occasional reference to bi- or homosexual characters (Are the homosexual's really as 'happy' as the slang for them implies? They seem to get treated like **** an awful lot and I've heard rumors that they have the same relationship problems as heterosexuals.), as heroes, allies of heroes, significant background chars, and villains. I'm hard pressed to find a better balanced overall representation anywhere.

Razmoudah
01.01.2013 , 12:16 PM | #4724
And apparently my newly updated sig isn't showing yet. I'll admit that I just copied someone else's sig, but it's the first time where I couldn't come up with my own waying of saying it and it said something I wanted to say.

*edit: I just tried doing a quick edit to my sig to make it colored and now it says it is too long. I can have only four lines (which is all it is in the sig editor), so I can't even save it with a color because it thinks the sig is too long when it'd fit just fine.

**edit: Well, I dropped the empty line between the two parts (which let me add a color) and I was even able to make both parts different colors. I'd have to say that although I'm not perfectly happy with the results (I'd rather have the empty line back, though I think I'd keep the two colors) they are at least tolerable for my own variant on the sig.
Choosing to limit one's vision is not the path to enlightenment. I prefer a world where there are limitless possibilities.
Bioware/EA say YES to companion SGR in SW:TOR

SithKoriandr
01.01.2013 , 12:22 PM | #4725
HAPPY NEW YEARS THREAD POSTERS! May 2013 bring in the SGR content those in this thread want! At least in some form or another!

Palar
01.01.2013 , 03:00 PM | #4726
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
HAPPY NEW YEARS THREAD POSTERS! May 2013 bring in the SGR content those in this thread want! At least in some form or another!
At the very least, a little communication would be nice.

Infir
01.01.2013 , 06:37 PM | #4727
Here's hoping my characters can find their special someones very soon.
{((o))ﮗﮉﭽﭰﭵۻﮖۼﭦﮀﮃﮆ‖}Ξ{{ )

MozOTheUndercity
01.01.2013 , 09:16 PM | #4728
Well "this year" is gone, which means they've gone from not clarifying their official stance to not even having an official stance. That being the case, I guess I won't be renewing my sub after all . Depending on how it's implemented maybe I'll f2p my way through when they add it and reassess then; I do still like the gameplay, so hopefully... but I'm certainly not paying to wait.

On a lighter note; happy new year.

Razmoudah
01.01.2013 , 09:40 PM | #4729
Since I've only recently returned and hardly done anything I'll keep playing until we know. I very highly doubt I'll stick around if they give a definitive no, even if I haven't played a char of each of the base classes going both light and dark side (yes, I tend to play all possible variants, one thing I like about Rift is that with its Role system one char can be multiple variants, and they allow a lot of variance for their four base classes). Although, I did create a Jedi Consular that I then ran up to lvl 10 to see the Sage and Shadow skill trees (she was going to go Sage from the get-go, due to the archetype I was using for her, but I wanted the comparison), and sadly it looks to me like on the force using classes they just did a copy-paste-and-edit as you have skill in the exact same spots on the skill trees with the exact same effects. I think the only actual difference between the Sorcerer and the Sage is the effects of the skill the Sage gets in place of Chain Lightning and some of its enhancement skills. Oh, and with the Sith doing Energy damage while the Jedi does Kinetic damage, but the damage values are the same so that doesn't mean anything unless you have both fighting together against enemies with mixed weaknesses/strengths.
Choosing to limit one's vision is not the path to enlightenment. I prefer a world where there are limitless possibilities.
Bioware/EA say YES to companion SGR in SW:TOR

SithKoriandr
01.01.2013 , 10:42 PM | #4730
Quote: Originally Posted by Razmoudah View Post
Since I've only recently returned and hardly done anything I'll keep playing until we know. I very highly doubt I'll stick around if they give a definitive no, even if I haven't played a char of each of the base classes going both light and dark side (yes, I tend to play all possible variants, one thing I like about Rift is that with its Role system one char can be multiple variants, and they allow a lot of variance for their four base classes). Although, I did create a Jedi Consular that I then ran up to lvl 10 to see the Sage and Shadow skill trees (she was going to go Sage from the get-go, due to the archetype I was using for her, but I wanted the comparison), and sadly it looks to me like on the force using classes they just did a copy-paste-and-edit as you have skill in the exact same spots on the skill trees with the exact same effects. I think the only actual difference between the Sorcerer and the Sage is the effects of the skill the Sage gets in place of Chain Lightning and some of its enhancement skills. Oh, and with the Sith doing Energy damage while the Jedi does Kinetic damage, but the damage values are the same so that doesn't mean anything unless you have both fighting together against enemies with mixed weaknesses/strengths.
It plays a bit differently in other areas, like stun vs knockback. But yeah, that's why my JK is Sentinel and going Juggernaut with my SW, IA is OP while Smuggler is Gunslinger. However, I love BH Arsenal Spec so much, I'm just repeating it's Trooper variant