Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

VelvetSanity
12.30.2012 , 08:38 PM | #4671
Quote: Originally Posted by Arglaar View Post
You know, considering that the deadline for RotHC Early Access via Pre-Order is Jan 7, I wonder if they're waiting until then to announce something.

Can't understand why, considering I think it would add more pre-orders than it would drive away, but who knows.

We can assume that it's not due to come out that fast so I wonder why they have such a weird cut-off date...
I'd guess that that's when they all get back from vacation and so will be there to change the settings regarding the price of it?
Pre-CU Bria refugee
www.therepopulation.com - sandbox MMO currently in alpha
classless, levelless, 3 playable factions, it even has ENTERTAINERS!
EA/BW: Thanks for the SGR update. Please tell us if timetables change again

natashina
12.30.2012 , 08:39 PM | #4672
Quote: Originally Posted by Kioma View Post
I actually didn't mind the ending to ME3 - the one I saw, at least, as I only went through one. There were points that didn't make a hell of a lot fo sense but my imagination filled the gaps and it seemed pretty neat.

Having said that I'm glad there was an uproar because the extended ending for that final option was SO MUCH BETTER. It turns out my imagination had supplied the same thing that the DLC ending did but hey, it was still better than the original ending.

So yes, fans do have an impact and can make a difference - IF the company is actually listening. I'm not convinced that BW:A are because they're given no indication of it (on this matter, at least).
To be blunt...I guess I'm trying to make them listen them listen to us. Take the metaphorical fingers out of their ears. I'm not sure if it will work. Yet I maintain some optimism in the midst of all of us. Again, no harm in trying and better than letting the company ignore us until we go away.

I'm a critical optimist, of course, but I try to remain upbeat.

Palar
12.30.2012 , 08:40 PM | #4673
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
I love how much people think saying "love it or leave it" is a right-winger approach. That approach isn't right-winger. That's just a majority of America approach. And shows a lack of paying attention to politics and issues in America.
Fair point - I was half-awake and struggling for the actual term. Over here, the Party that most employs that 'argument' is the Liberal Party who aren't in fact Liberal...

It may still be English, but these things just don't translate across the borders. To borrow a phrase, I'll just call them "impoliticans"

natashina
12.30.2012 , 08:42 PM | #4674
Quote: Originally Posted by Arglaar View Post
You know, considering that the deadline for RotHC Early Access via Pre-Order is Jan 7, I wonder if they're waiting until then to announce something.

Can't understand why, considering I think it would add more pre-orders than it would drive away, but who knows.

We can assume that it's not due to come out that fast so I wonder why they have such a weird cut-off date...
That's actually been my suspicion now for a couple of weeks. I found out Joveth Gonzales gets back from vacation on January 7th, so I think that's when we'll see the update. I hope.

I'm proceeding with extreme caution however. I don't trust BioWare: Austin one bit. They have been very shady in their treatment of all of this. I've been taking it as a tentative good sign though. I'm still determined to try to help make sure this update happens.

Palar
12.30.2012 , 08:56 PM | #4675
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post

I'm proceeding with extreme caution however. I don't trust BioWare: Austin one bit. They have been very shady in their treatment of all of this. I've been taking it as a tentative good sign though. I'm still determined to try to help make sure this update happens.
Weighing up the "this year" and how it's exact-wording can be taken, just had another troubling thought from re-watching the Erickson video.

"It's coming with full story" - whatever 'full story' entails, I'm not sure, but I'm feeling sceptical about it applying to RoTHC and its lack of Class Arcs. I don't know... here's hoping for something beyond the "please throw more money at our lack of information" pre-purchase page.

Kioma
12.30.2012 , 09:17 PM | #4676
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
Weighing up the "this year" and how it's exact-wording can be taken, just had another troubling thought from re-watching the Erickson video.

"It's coming with full story" - whatever 'full story' entails, I'm not sure, but I'm feeling sceptical about it applying to RoTHC and its lack of Class Arcs. I don't know... here's hoping for something beyond the "please throw more money at our lack of information" pre-purchase page.
I don't see it as being at all ambiguous. 'This year' and 'within a year' don't mean the same thing. 'This year' means THIS year, the calendar year we are currently in. More pertinently, though, given the upheaval with staffing changes and other alterations it is entirely reasonable to assume that what was said at the Guild Summit is completely irrelevant now.

That prompts the question, though, of what we should assume is relevant. We've been told obliquely that there's 'no news' on SGRAs. Should we take that to mean the goal of 'this year' is still valid? If so, well, it's New Year's Eve in Australia and the US isn't that far behind. They're rapidly running out of time.

Or perhaps 'no news' means there's been no action on SGRAs - at all - since the Summit. Shouldn't we at least be told it's been delayed for an unspecified amount of time? We've been paying subscription fees for a long time now - since launch, for me. I have a Digital Deluxe edition of the game, I've never missed a payment, I've bought the expansion and I was in the beta. Lots of people are in the same boat (or similar) to me. Don't we deserve an update? I think we do.

While 'this year' isn't ambiguous (to me, at any rate) the issue of 'no news' is extremely ambiguous and BW:A are both insulting and negligent in not telling us a damn friggin' thing about what's going on. It's not that they can't. They just won't. It's a conscious, willful and calculated choice on their behalf. And I don't really care what their reasoning is on not telling us; while I recognise they don't want to spill the beans and they don't want a huge fight they could at the very least tell us something but we have to act out and cause a hell of a ruckus just to get them to acknowledge that we're asking about SGRAs.

The longer they wait the more sour their reception will be. They're doing this to themselves.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

Palar
12.30.2012 , 09:50 PM | #4677
Yeah, just trying to give them the benefit of doubt - if suggesting they love Weasel Wordage can be called a 'benefit'.

Trying to give them the benefit of any doubt, really... hope springs eternal and all that, so I try. Oh my god do I try, I try all the ti... oh god, I'm quoting 4 Non Blondes...

Eh - it's New Year's, I'll be blind and singing along to depressingly-dated songs from my youth in a few hours anyway. I guess I just started early.

Kioma
12.30.2012 , 10:01 PM | #4678
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
Yeah, just trying to give them the benefit of doubt - if suggesting they love Weasel Wordage can be called a 'benefit'.

Trying to give them the benefit of any doubt, really... hope springs eternal and all that, so I try. Oh my god do I try, I try all the ti... oh god, I'm quoting 4 Non Blondes...

Eh - it's New Year's, I'll be blind and singing along to depressingly-dated songs from my youth in a few hours anyway. I guess I just started early.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ5LpwO-An4
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

natashina
12.30.2012 , 10:52 PM | #4679
Quick Happy New Year to my friends Across the Pond, in NZ and Aussie Land! You guys please be safe, don't party too hard and try to relax and enjoy yourselves.

**hugs**

Joushigun
12.31.2012 , 12:54 AM | #4680
Reading through the comments I have to say that it is always fun to see people talking from the future

I haven't completely disappeared, btw.
"I am a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife."- Lady Vastra, Doctor Who and the Snowmen