Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

stuffystuffs
12.28.2012 , 12:44 PM | #4581
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRamette View Post
So you don't think things like game crashing after the end of BT or Foundry is important to fix, its been posted for a while about it, still no fix? I do because the times I do those FP it happens, it happens to my guildies as well, cant say I am not happy when it happens to our GM however. This has been an issue since 1.2 yet no fix, but hey its not important right, got ya.
Hey look, a straw man!

Who's saying that this particular bug is less important than SGRA content?

I've never experienced the bug myself and can't really talk about it tbh.

I don't quite believe there's a choice between working on SGRA and fixing this bug either, considering they probably have a separate team for bug fixes. If this bug hasn't been fixed, it's likely due to other bugs being prioritized over it and not SGRA content.

Lent_San
12.28.2012 , 12:45 PM | #4582
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post

The only time I've seen them say that all romances should be removed and/or they suck is for SGRA threads. I do a lot of lurking.
So they claim to be against any and all romance content, but they post in support for future OGR content.
Right.
Way to take a stand there. Woo hoo.
Mindboggling, isn't it?

SithKoriandr
12.28.2012 , 12:49 PM | #4583
Quote: Originally Posted by Anglvamp View Post
How many times do people have to say that this does not take precedence over bug fixes till it will sink into your skull? Obviously since the bug hasn't been fixed and other content has come out that either A: its a tough problem B: its not high on their list or priorities anyway C: still being looked into.

The world is not black and white, bugs fixed or unfixed. MMO's are a journey, not a destination.

Also, how is simply getting and answer to the question of whether SGR's are in the game or not taking away dev time from fixing things? That's all we want, a simple answer to a simple question. Its all the detractors that come in and try to cloud the issue. You've said you don't want this in the game. Fine, thank you, move along now. You have nothing more to add.

^.^
Like DR said, BW is damned if they do, damned if they don't.

I think adding SGR will have TOR gain as many players as they lose, and likely why it's on the low priority list.

I'd like more comments from the devs, but I understand why they havent. So they come out and make a comment about SGR, that will have people saying other things like "You gave answers to this, why not give answers to this bug, this content, this and this and this."

SithKoriandr
12.28.2012 , 12:52 PM | #4584
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
Hey look, a straw man!

Who's saying that this particular bug is less important than SGRA content?

I've never experienced the bug myself and can't really talk about it tbh.

I don't quite believe there's a choice between working on SGRA and fixing this bug either, considering they probably have a separate team for bug fixes. If this bug hasn't been fixed, it's likely due to other bugs being prioritized over it and not SGRA content.
I havent experienced it either, but I know quite a few people who have. If it was just BT I'd say that's why it's likely low on the priority list. But I know a few who say it's all FPs.

Since it doesn't seem to happen to everyone, could be why it's a difficult bug to figure out.

Lent_San
12.28.2012 , 12:54 PM | #4585
Quote: Originally Posted by lobotaru View Post
Given the sheer overwhelming number of posts and views for this thread alone, I'm surprised that they haven't moved same sex relations up on the priority list. Give players what they want and you give them two reasons to stick around. First, it is new content. Second, they feel like you are listening to them, thus improving the company image with the player base.
They don't really need to look at this thread. They analyze their games and usage of content, as any profit oriented company would do. They have said before that the numbers of SGR content usage are higher than some people would imagine. That's just random info though.

Just for the sake of making things even, SGR are in order. Maybe the timeframe is simply not clear yet. Might be one reason why they haven't mentioned anything with regards to Makeb.

stuffystuffs
12.28.2012 , 12:57 PM | #4586
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
It's because people keep feeding the trolls, thus giving them more space and airtime. Just stop replying to them and they'll go away. Really, it's quite tedious to go through pages and pages of troll posts to get to the ones that really contribute something of interest to the conversation.

Stop.feeding.the.trolls.
Yeah, I'd advise just adding them to your "Ignore" list and move on.

I've started doing that and it's much better

Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
I
On another note, now that the new year is about to happen, I hope the cause will get more traction now.

Bioware really can't keep silent forever.
I do still think we'll get something with the expansion and hopefully it will hit the PTS soon after the new year (so we can get confirmation on what has been added). I imagine the Makeb stuff will require lengthier testing than patches so I expect it will hit the PTS well before it's release date.

Lent_San
12.28.2012 , 01:01 PM | #4587
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
I do still think we'll get something with the expansion and hopefully it will hit the PTS soon after the new year (so we can get confirmation on what has been added). I imagine the Makeb stuff will require lengthier testing than patches so I expect it will hit the PTS well before it's release date.
Yep, I think so too.

Curious, curiouser.

BW can make good or make it worse with this one, and I hope for ther first.

VelvetSanity
12.28.2012 , 02:22 PM | #4588
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
All SI's become part of the Dark Counsel
Gee, thanks, I always LOVE it when someone ruins the ending of a story for me...and I made it all the way to Voss, too...*seethes*
Pre-CU Bria refugee
www.therepopulation.com - sandbox MMO currently in alpha
classless, levelless, 3 playable factions, it even has ENTERTAINERS!
EA/BW: Thanks for the SGR update. Please tell us if timetables change again

SithKoriandr
12.28.2012 , 02:44 PM | #4589
Quote: Originally Posted by VelvetSanity View Post
Gee, thanks, I always LOVE it when someone ruins the ending of a story for me...and I made it all the way to Voss, too...*seethes*
Sorry. With general chat, guild chat, teaming, and the game being out for like a year now, I doesnt always occur to me it just isn't well known.

Nozybidaj
12.28.2012 , 05:24 PM | #4590
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Sorry. With general chat, guild chat, teaming, and the game being out for like a year now, I doesnt always occur to me it just isn't well known.
There's actually quite a lot of folks in this thread who have never been able to advance far enough into the game to really experience much of anything yet. Most of my characters are frozen around the level 12-15 range because I'm waiting on them to finish adding in all the base line content so I can play the game.