Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Joushigun
12.26.2012 , 12:17 PM | #4451
Quote: Originally Posted by VelvetSanity View Post
Or wookiees, mon cal, ithorians, or bothans, while we're bringing up playable species in SWG
Yeah, I think they don't really 'get' that we're not the most closed minded people in the universe.

I can understand the logistics of some of the species, but others, I think they'd be fine.

While we're at it, I'd love interspecies romances too...I think that it should be possible to have pretty much any relationship you want...well, except maybe human/hutt or along those lines.
"I am a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife."- Lady Vastra, Doctor Who and the Snowmen

Tatile
12.26.2012 , 01:04 PM | #4452
Quote: Originally Posted by Joushigun View Post
While we're at it, I'd love interspecies romances too...I think that it should be possible to have pretty much any relationship you want...well, except maybe human/hutt or along those lines.
Depends on how we're defining the relationship and whether or not it has sexual parts. Zero (I think that's the name) the Hutt in the Clone Wars animated series had a relationship with a non-Hutt woman.

alexsolomon
12.26.2012 , 04:05 PM | #4453
Just to clarify...at this point there is NO real indication SGRs are being included with the rise of the Hutt Cartel expansion?

Tatile
12.26.2012 , 04:17 PM | #4454
Quote: Originally Posted by alexsolomon View Post
Just to clarify...at this point there is NO real indication SGRs are being included with the rise of the Hutt Cartel expansion?
No, there is not. Bioware have expanded on many points of the Hutt Cartel Expansion, but this is not one of them.

MozOTheUndercity
12.26.2012 , 04:34 PM | #4455
Depends how much stock you put in Gabe's comments, really.

Joushigun
12.26.2012 , 04:55 PM | #4456
Quote: Originally Posted by MozOTheUndercity View Post
Depends how much stock you put in Gabe's comments, really.
At this point, I don't trust anyone's comments. Well, I'd better find out about SGRA's soon or I'm ending my sub.
"I am a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife."- Lady Vastra, Doctor Who and the Snowmen

Kioma
12.26.2012 , 05:11 PM | #4457
We don't need sly half-indications, anyway. We need solid, substantial and official word directly from the developers working on story content. Expecting us to 'make do' with a half-baked pseudo-statement that has an extremely high degree of deniability is just insulting.

Yes, seriously. This continued silence is insulting.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

Zandilar
12.26.2012 , 05:24 PM | #4458
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Depends on how we're defining the relationship and whether or not it has sexual parts. Zero (I think that's the name) the Hutt in the Clone Wars animated series had a relationship with a non-Hutt woman.
Yes, I do recall that. Jabba the Hutt had Leia chained to his throne in a skimpy slave dancer outfit too in Return of the Jedi. Maybe Hutts can have fetishes for non-Hutts?

But what's with people saying there's no interspecies romance in TOR? Of course there is... Just because all the existing races are roughly human-like, doesn't mean they're all the same species - with the exception of humans and cyborgs. (Now what I don't understand is why there's no option for the other species to have cyborgs - surely they have them?)

So if your Sith Warrior is Chiss or Rattataki or Zabrak or Sith Pureblood, then their relationship with Vette is going to be interspecies, since she's a Twi'lek.
Zandilar, an Australian, IN SPAAAAAAAACCCCEEEEE!!
Too many characters, most of them Chiss.

Joushigun
12.26.2012 , 05:48 PM | #4459
Quote: Originally Posted by Kioma View Post
We don't need sly half-indications, anyway. We need solid, substantial and official word directly from the developers working on story content. Expecting us to 'make do' with a half-baked pseudo-statement that has an extremely high degree of deniability is just insulting.

Yes, seriously. This continued silence is insulting.
Well, I just canceled my sub, and in the 'reasons why' section, I made it clear-

I'm fed up with being treated like a second class citizen here and I'm fed up with no information. If they don't give us something solid soon, I'm not resubbing, and at this rate, I'm more than willing to walk away. But no more money from me until we get what we want.

For every player who doesn't by from the cartel store or subscribe, they lose money.

SithKoriandr
12.26.2012 , 05:48 PM | #4460
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolution View Post
Well I've reached the limit that I can progress my characters' storylines without SGRs. And in a story based MMO, if you don't have story, what do you have?
I had continued to subscribe for a few months stuck in this limbo, but no more. If I can't play, then I won't pay. Moments ago I cancelled my subscription, BW will not get another cent from me until this issue is addressed.

I wish you all the best of luck, keep up the fight.
o.O Or you can progress their stories without it having to be SGR. SGR isn't an option yet, soooo, why did you plan on it to begin with?

I mean, the choice is yours of course. Cancel your account. But this is really, all on you, not on BW or EA.