Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lent_San
12.21.2012 , 05:12 PM | #4351
Quote: Originally Posted by Kodyack View Post
Hoping for an early Christmas present update on it though.
Would be a great Christmas present indeed.

Quote: Originally Posted by techwitch View Post
I posted on my social network site about this to my gaming friends. When I did, I sent out the hue and cry, and I know a few of them in turn will also do the same, since we all share a common belief that SGRA's are actually beneficial to the game, and sorely needed. One of my friends had recently stated that he finally had noticed the lack of them, in TOR, and felt cheated, seeing his experiences with other BW titles and the inclusion of SGRA's in them. Keep your chins high and sabres lit! We're rallying the troops on this!
Woot! Seems the web is catching up. Good signs all around!

natashina
12.21.2012 , 09:41 PM | #4352
Some more positive news to share. No, another article has not been published yet. I think we're only seeing the beginning of those. I feel a little bad for any of the bigwigs on vacation at the moment. Well, the ones not responsible for this childish hiding and stupid silence. They are going to have a...sith storm waiting for them. I don't think the press is very happy with EA.

I know SWTORstrategies is angry. They didn't tell me as such, but I have a hunch. They were the poor site that thought that BW/EA had addressed this "multiple times," and that they had "said that SGRs were scrapped at a Cantina Tour or something due to the staff cuts."

Yeeeah...judging from the tone of that article I'd say they were pretty pissed off that EA allowed that assumption to foster via silence.

Here's the happy news:

Got a PM from one of the infrequent posters yesterday. He told me that they're not only helping us write to the press and such, but eight of their friends are helping too. From the sounds of it, none of those eight people have ever posted.

There is a lot of people that don't post/look at the forums. There is a few that don't even play the game that believe in this content. I really think that there is more people interested in this game than most realize. I am curious to see how many people might come back for a month or two to try it out.

Darth Hater had a good point. Apparently about 5-10% of any MMO base does the end-game. According to their guess, about 15-20% of people want SGRs. The minority vs majority argument is pretty damned silly when you think about it.

In time I hope we can show the world a few things:

• It's not a waste to write for the LGBT community (that includes their allies, without which we couldn't do any of this.)
  • It's no more of a waste to have SGRs than PvP is.
  • SGR is a part of the expectations of a BW game just like PvP or raids/Ops are in a MMO.

Good job guys! Let's keep on a'rolling along.

Oh, Happy End of the World Day. Folks 'round my house just call it Yule, or the Winter Solstice. Of course, I had to be given a head cold for the holiday. Oh well.

Oh, before any confusion sets in: When I said that we couldn't do this without our hetero allies, it was more to state that it took all of us working together to get this far. That's all.

Edit: For rallying the troops, this has been in my head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16la1h3gUxY

Eleuril
12.21.2012 , 10:27 PM | #4353
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post
[COLOR="Plum"]Darth Hater had a good point. Apparently about 5-10% of any MMO base does the end-game. According to their guess, about 15-20% of people want SGRs. The minority vs majority argument is pretty damned silly when you think about it.
Presumably that's just the people who actively want SGRs to be implemented. I'd imagine the percentage of people who don't mind them being implemented is rather higher. I'd hazard a guess that there aren't that many people who actively oppose SGRs and who will be upset if they're put in the game.

If that is the case, the minority vs. majority argument is even sillier.

Palar
12.21.2012 , 10:28 PM | #4354
Some more positive news to share. No, another article has not been published yet. I think we're only seeing the beginning of those. I feel a little bad for any of the bigwigs on vacation at the moment. Well, the ones not responsible for this childish hiding and stupid silence. They are going to have a...sith storm waiting for them. I don't think the press is very happy with EA.

I know SWTORstrategies is angry. They didn't tell me as such, but I have a hunch. They were the poor site that thought that BW/EA had addressed this "multiple times," and that they had "said that SGRs were scrapped at a Cantina Tour or something due to the staff cuts."

Yeeeah...judging from the tone of that article I'd say they were pretty pissed off that EA allowed that assumption to foster via silence.

Here's the happy news:

Got a PM from one of the infrequent posters yesterday. He told me that they're not only helping us write to the press and such, but eight of their friends are helping too. From the sounds of it, none of those eight people have ever posted.

There is a lot of people that don't post/look at the forums. There is a few that don't even play the game that believe in this content. I really think that there is more people interested in this game than most realize. I am curious to see how many people might come back for a month or two to try it out.

Darth Hater had a good point. Apparently about 5-10% of any MMO base does the end-game. According to their guess, about 15-20% of people want SGRs. The minority vs majority argument is pretty damned silly when you think about it.

Edit: For rallying the troops, this has been in my head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16la1h3gUxY
Pardon the snipping, but awesome news - all of it.

(Side-note: 'pretend he's not actually Scottish' Aus-patriot squee for picking Bon - you somehow became more awesome than I already thought.)

Artanisia
12.21.2012 , 11:58 PM | #4355
Good morning!

I just got a mail form MMOmeltingPot. They will do a little post and spread the link-love around. It might be wise to brace for increased traffic.

EDIT: It's up! http://www.mmomeltingpot.com/2012/12...r-romances-go/

natashina
12.22.2012 , 12:02 AM | #4356
Quote: Originally Posted by Artanisia View Post
Good morning!

I just got a mail form MMOmeltingPot. They will do a little post and spread the link-love around. It might be wise to brace for increased traffic.
I've been braced...but yeah, I think between Reddit and now MMOmelting pot, things are going to get really crazy.

BioWare-Austin, that is our Holiday gift to you. Pressure from the press.

Just in time for Christmas!

Imagine if Massively picks it up...

natashina
12.22.2012 , 12:17 AM | #4357
May I also say...

You. Rock!!!

Artanisia
12.22.2012 , 12:28 AM | #4358
May I also say...

You. Rock!!!
*blush*
Thank you !

chuixupu
12.22.2012 , 01:12 AM | #4359
it is really inspiring how all of this came together. Even if it doesn't result in getting anything from EA, the support and the awareness efforts are really cool.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Fyuria
12.22.2012 , 04:19 AM | #4360
Personally I am losing hope, but I want to say how incredible it is to see the support from so many people on this, you're stronger than I, and thank you for continuing all your efforts.

You're awesome!