Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nightjade
12.21.2012 , 08:06 AM | #4331
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Hey you guys...

February 14th is on a Thursday in 2013 and comes roughly five weeks after January 15th (Tuesday), which is roughly five weeks from December 11th, when we had 1.6 released.

Cuddles patch?
I mentioned that timeframe as a point of interest about 30 pages back Tatile, but most people missed it... ah well

Lent_San
12.21.2012 , 08:17 AM | #4332
Quote: Originally Posted by Arikgrover View Post
I would like to add my comment to this, I know a lot more people who will start playing again when this comes than people who will quit.
Thanks for that. It bears repeating, over and over again.

Quote: Originally Posted by DarthAeonis View Post
rumor is it'll come durin our next added companions so either spring with the expansion or late summer (im starting this rumor btw lol)
It would be awesome to finally be able to play again....

Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post
It's Yule folks! Let's enjoy another "End of the World" day that is just the beginning of winter.
Well, if you'd look out my window right now.... fog and icy cold rain. The actual end of the world couldn't be worse.

Quote: Originally Posted by jamesvasquez View Post
I haven't been on this thread in a while, and just wanted to say that I'm glad you guys are continuing to fight the good fight. Maybe some day the devs will actually commit to doing what they said they were going to do and add sgr. I'm not gay but that doesn't mean that everyone should live their lives the way I live mine. Especially when it comes to sexual orientation, since it's not even a choice. Good luck in your endeavors guys and gals! Happy yule/christmas/kwanza/hannukah/whatever else i forgot.
Thanks! I wish we could go into the next year with some good news at hand.

As to the DarthRamette convo, no offense Darth, but I simply ignore her since nothing she has to say on this topic is of any interest for me. And that's not even a lie. It just isn't.

_Darkstar
12.21.2012 , 08:36 AM | #4333
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
Thanks for that. It bears repeating, over and over again.
Only if they know enough people to justify the cost of development, so several thousand at least.
British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune!

Artanisia
12.21.2012 , 08:42 AM | #4334
Another place Slaign might want to send the article to is The Mary Sue ( http://www.themarysue.com/ ).

Joushigun
12.21.2012 , 09:50 AM | #4335
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
Well, if you'd look out my window right now.... fog and icy cold rain. The actual end of the world couldn't be worse.
I was disappointed that it wasn't the end of the world. I'm in a lot of pain right now.

I just keep wondering one thing....why do they think that writing romances for same-gender couples is harder or more delicate than writing them for opposite-gender couples. That seems to swirl around a lot of the excuses for why we haven't seen them yet.
"I am a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife."- Lady Vastra, Doctor Who and the Snowmen

natashina
12.21.2012 , 10:01 AM | #4336
Article is up! It's a good one too.

http://www.swtorstrategies.com/2012/...tionships.html

I've been completely outed to the world under this handle. I think a low profile from me is merited for a bit...

fabiyun
12.21.2012 , 10:05 AM | #4337
Darth Hater also talks about SGRs towards the end of the Podcast. Thanks Darth Hater!

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/p...merry-makebmas
"..the worst kind of DARTH one can dig up!"

fabiyun
12.21.2012 , 10:16 AM | #4338

http://www.swtorstrategies.com/2012/...tionships.html

I've been completely outed to the world under this handle. I think a low profile from me is merited for a bit...
Great article, supportive and not marginalising. Thanks SWTORstrategies .
"..the worst kind of DARTH one can dig up!"

natashina
12.21.2012 , 10:18 AM | #4339
Quote: Originally Posted by fabiyun View Post
Great article, supportive and not marginalising. Thanks SWTORstrategies .

Aye, thank you to both sites!

I did make sure that swtorstrategies got a working link of the Gabe video.

Continue telling the press guys. They're not only listening, but the story is getting picked up.

Don't give up.

Edit: I've been bookmarking all the sites that have written and/or spoken about this as we go. I'll be working on updating the FAQ after Christmas.

Edit #2: They used a ton of my letter for that article. I'm not offended (I'm flattered,) but it was weird to see my words in print.

In case anyone is curious, I can send/post the original version of my letter that I sent out to them and other members of the press on December 6th-8th. Just let me know.

Lent_San
12.21.2012 , 10:35 AM | #4340
I really like the pic they've been using. And, great article too.